WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

HBCraig

Reaction score

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Trying to grasp what you do brother.... the boat pic giving it away a bit.... so if you're something like an LA Cty water cop and therefore out in near shore waters most shifts for "X" amount of years.... care to share your theories on these last ~5 years of shark activity in our waters? Just looking for a different opinion than our typical recreational boater "mouth spout" if ya know what I mean. I'll respect your hesitance to respond given your profession if you so choose to pass..... appreciate what you do for us.
LAPD Bomb Squad
Been on 28 years, here on RDP since 08
No secret what I do.
As for sharks:
I only go in the water to deal with IED’s and train to deal with IED’s.
The Port PD would have a better answer

Sharks don’t like bubbles, we are usually 3-5 deep so no problem there.

If we go re breather , no bubbles, it’s in the port and sharks don’t go in there , they’d probably suffocate in the muck lol.

Mototrig

Reaction score
Went boating this weekend, near Topock the flexplate coupler destroyed itself. Some very nice people towed us into Topock marina. When I took it all apart the REAL damage was found:
-Gimbal bearings and seals were shot
-The bell housing was destroyed from the inside
-the input universals are bad
-the starter motor nose cone was fractured
-the flywheel ring gear separated from the flywheel....see video

I guess go big or go home right 😉

PXL_20201011_225019431.jpg
PXL_20201013_173944028.jpg
PXL_20201013_174033562.jpg
PXL_20201013_034613601.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20201013_174116234.mp4
    22.8 MB

4Waters

Reaction score
Went boating this weekend, near Topock the flexplate coupler destroyed itself. Some very nice people towed us into Topock marina. When I took it all apart the REAL damage was found:

View attachment 931797 View attachment 931799 View attachment 931800 View attachment 931801
At least it's the end of the season.

4Waters

Reaction score
Well, let's see that shit man!!!!

We all have to live vicariously thru you because we're not allowed to have our bikes inside.
:(
No shit, I wanted to bring my race engine for my racecar into the living room and my wife said no, why I don't know.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score

View attachment 931797 View attachment 931799 View attachment 931800 View attachment 931801
Let me know IF you need help or questions. I know those like the back of my hand. There's all sorts of stuff that needs looking at if you want it to last.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Feel good story , so today was grand daughters sweet 16 we bought her a car 4 months ago she sold it 😎and made $$ Bought another one ( at 15 ) 👍 so we are driving around St George we see a little Trump stand on Sunset dr wifey says stop so we do I run over to the pawn store Next door to see if they had something I didn’t need 😉 so when I got back this old man was browsing and ask how much a “ Blue lives matter flag was “20 $ he said let me go ask my wife If we have the $ he walked away I told the lady give me a flag so the old guy comes back and I handed him the flag he asked me why ? I said because , he gets wet eyes why? Because 🙂 fuckn hugs me the lady that sold it To Us ask if he was a friend Wifey said Nope he needed that flag . Made me feel good

4Waters

Reaction score
Feel good story , so today was grand daughters sweet 16 we bought her a car 4 months ago she sold it 😎and made $$ Bought another one ( at 15 ) 👍 so we are driving around St George we see a little Trump stand on Sunset dr wifey says stop so we do I run over to the pawn store Next door to see if they had something I didn’t need 😉 so when I got back this old man was browsing and ask how much a “ Blue lives matter flag was “20 $ he said let me go ask my wife If we have the $ he walked away I told the lady give me a flag so the old guy comes back and I handed him the flag he asked me why ? I said because , he gets wet eyes why? Because 🙂 fuckn hugs me the lady that sold it To Us ask if he was a friend Wifey said Nope he needed that flag . Made me feel good
Kick ass, you made those peoples day.

Taboma

Reaction score

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
They were hovering one same way a few weeks ago when my wife and I were sitting at a bench on Shelter Island eating tacos. I figured they were doing flight testing because NASNI has the repair facilities.

They were taking turns jumping out about 15' above the deck then they would lower the guy on the hook and bring the other guy up. We sat and watched for a half hour. One chopper would come In and do it then circle around and another would move into position. Saw a couple of bitchen fast attack craft and one of the new agies destroyers coming home too. Pretty cool stuff.

IMG_20201014_161758960.jpg

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score

707dog

Reaction score
On zeniths or true spokes?

That this in SICK!! 😍😍
someday ill put some tru rays on it, these are not the real deal og zeniths but they were built by Angel @ superior wire wheel as you know the whole story/stories with real zenith(after the james craig era) is a mess and nobody locked the rights down to the name so there's a few builders doing them that's why i ran just a chevy centerpiece so i wasn't perpetrating the real deals. only dayton and tru spoke has maintained there name and builds id have to look but i think coker bought he zenith name a few years back.

Tank

Reaction score
someday ill put some tru rays on it, these are not the real deal og zeniths but they were built by Angel @ superior wire wheel as you know the whole story/stories with real zenith(after the james craig era) is a mess and nobody locked the rights down to the name so there's a few builders doing them that's why i ran just a chevy centerpiece so i wasn't perpetrating the real deals. only dayton and tru spoke has maintained there name and builds id have to look but i think coker bought he zenith name a few years back.
Nice!! Zenith straight lace and Dayton’s were always my favorite. Shit, I still wear a Dayton wire wheel shirt lol had a few sets in my time.

I’m sure you saw that series / show the low life a few years back. They had an entire episode dedicated to the zenith factory. Bad ass.

Last edited: