WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

Mototrig

Reaction score
PXL_20201101_213907464.jpg
Trump Caravan Los Alamitos to Newport Beach today at 11am. Started out as 75 vehicles. As we progressed many others added into our line. Must have easily been over a hundred
Many many people in support of Trump. Very few in opposition. A few instances people hanging out there car windows flipping us off screaming F-U at the top of their lungs. My favorite were the individuals in their cars ALONE with a mask on flipping the bird LoL.

PXL_20201101_193001724.jpg
PXL_20201101_193005514.jpg

The people behind us had a girl standing out of the sunroof waving a flag. They were inevitably pulled over by NPPD.
PXL_20201101_204814557.jpg

Attachments

• PXL_20201101_190933758.mp4
    27.3 MB
  • PXL_20201101_205115233.mp4
    19.4 MB

Taboma

Reaction score
Sitgreaves Pass, I liked this road so much I went over it Twice

View attachment 940556

Is it a custom to smoke a cig and drop the butt by that rock ? Is this like an after-sex smoke when you've finished the drive or before you start ? 😂
Haven't been to Oatman since the late 60's, despite having the Havasu place for 26 years.
Any mine exploration stops worthy ? Been thinking about getting out and about more this winter, usually we just head up to our ranch, but need a change of scenery.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Walking around Indy this morning. Like most bug cities they’re all boarded up.’ Surprised me to see them adding to it.
View attachment 940485

I like the city of Indy. THe water towers in the round about and the walkway bridges over the roads. There is a nice water-walk there as well.. Surprised to see that they are now boarding up. Maybe those protesters are still planning that they will be upset soon. :looking:

Reactions: DWC
Reaction score
Is it a custom to smoke a cig and drop the butt by that rock ? Is this like an after-sex smoke when you've finished the drive or before you start ? 😂
Haven't been to Oatman since the late 60's, despite having the Havasu place for 26 years.
Any mine exploration stops worthy ? Been thinking about getting out and about more this winter, usually we just head up to our ranch, but need a change of scenery.

there was a Bunch of monuments up there for people who have passed, maybe not on the road but maybe some of them....

Didn't stop at the Mine, alot of car's parked up there. Thinking a working gold mine. Are Gold prices UP ?

Oatman a tourist trap. History is Interesting. setting dramatic with the cliffs behind town. Mules (Donkey's ?) were friendly......

IMG_2065.JPG

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
there was a Bunch of monuments up there for people who have passed, maybe not on the road but maybe some of them....

Oatman a tourist trap. History is Interesting. setting dramatic with the cliffs behind town. Mules (Donkey's ?) were friendly......

View attachment 940568

Always a good time to take people who have never been there.........

You missed a prime photo op....

14920C41-B67A-47E1-AAD6-376C59048EC9.png

My mother thought the place was great when I took her last December........

660851C1-E9A3-4C96-8987-90D8D8D5B675.png

DWC

Reaction score
I like the city of Indy. THe water towers in the round about and the walkway bridges over the roads. There is a nice water-walk there as well.. Surprised to see that they are now boarding up. Maybe those protesters are still planning that they will be upset soon. :looking:
It seems like a nice place. Fewer homeless than in St Louis. Bars have been pretty laid back. The stadium is very nice. Even better with only 5,000 people.
The boarding up was weird. Every bank and anything that would be looted was locked up tight. The Panera bread and several businesses today were adding to their current program. There was a little bit of a crowd at the soldiers and sailors monument Saturday night.

B1C291F6-41A2-4E9C-9189-E5AE12CD84AA.jpeg
7D83DCAB-4752-4878-9CBC-F1CDE4DEA214.jpeg
76597219-3DA0-4E2D-9F4F-1C9CB5CBBCD6.jpeg

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
It seems like a nice place. Fewer homeless than in St Louis. Bars have been pretty laid back. The stadium is very nice. Even better with only 5,000 people.
The boarding up was weird. Every bank and anything that would be looted was locked up tight. The Panera bread and several businesses today were adding to their current program. There was a little bit of a crowd at the soldiers and sailors monument Saturday night.

View attachment 940569 View attachment 940570 View attachment 940578

YES!!!!! That is it!!! We stayed in a hotel with a view of the tower. The stadium was awesome. THe brickyard was a good way to spend the day. I was surprised to see the condition of the town outside of the city. I would have thought that it would have been more impressive. Not to bash but it was a little more rough than I had expected.

Reaction score
Always a good time to take people who have never been there.........
You missed a prime photo op....
My mother thought the place was great when I took her last December........

After this guy ducked his head in the car to say Hello my two dogs decided they didn't like mules. I left GF in car with the dogs, while I made a quick lap thru town...

IMG_2122.JPG

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Packing my motel room here in Milpitas ( city taking forever on permit ) back to Camarillo until Sunday to get CO then head to Valencia until the 31st Then Maybe Fresno or Milpitas 😳 Waiting on permits in Callie is a slow game 😫😫

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Full hook ups? Is north away from the dunes? Never been to glamis just wondering.

Yes, it’s out near slab city and Salvation Mountain, kinda.

The chatter bumps are terrible in the area but lots of cool stuff to see around there. Lots of hot springs, tectonic plate movement, caves, Pinnacles, and you can ride to Chiriaco Summit.

It’s pretty fun and different from both Glamis and Ocotillo.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Yes, it’s out near slab city and Salvation Mountain, kinda.

The chatter bumps are terrible in the area but lots of cool stuff to see around there. Lots of hot springs, tectonic plate movement, caves, Pinnacles, and you can ride to Chiriaco Summit.

It’s pretty fun and different from both Glamis and Ocotillo.
Isn’t slab city pretty much a homeless camp ? Back in the day it was snow bird city 😎

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Isn’t slab city pretty much a homeless camp ? Back in the day it was snow bird city [emoji41]

Pretty much. I said it’s kinda near Slab City because Glamis North is about 10-15 miles north of Slab City and Salvation Mountain.

Fun place if you like to see something a little different.

Glamis North also has full hookups and restaurant/bar along with hot spring pools.

TITTIES AND BEER

Reaction score
Pretty much. I said it’s kinda near Slab City because Glamis North is about 10-15 miles north of Slab City and Salvation Mountain.

Fun place if you like to see something a little different.

Glamis North also has full hookups and restaurant/bar along with hot spring pools.
They pretty much did the same at Bomb bay beach Salton sea moved a bunch of warfare peeps in , kind of kool place when I was a kid ( I’m 62 ) if I remember right slab city was either military or had a Japan camp imprisonment ?

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
They pretty much did the same at Bomb bay beach Salton sea moved a bunch of warfare peeps in , kind of kool place when I was a kid ( I’m 62 ) if I remember right slab city was either military or had a Japan camp imprisonment ?

It’s not far from Bombay Beach. I took my Dad there and it brought back a whole bunch of memories for him. He used to race boats and vacation at Salton Sea and the Bombay area. He was pointing out all kinds of shit he remembers. My Dad is 66.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Full hook ups? Is north away from the dunes? Never been to glamis just wondering.
What River rats said

It’s different
The kids love the mineral pools.
I have full shock therapy set up, PRP seats on a can am, and the chatter still gets to my wife’s neck after a day of riding

It’s worth a trip if you’ve never been.
Fountain of Youth resort is nearby with same deal and many say it’s nicer.
Look both up and decide