WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

2Driver

Reaction score
Used to ride it on MTB's. Tons of exposure and really refines your technical skills.

That is tough, my son bike camped it all the way to seven springs in his senior year at cactus shadows high school. He said they walked more than they rode. After hiking it I understand why. Back in the day used to jeep all that.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
Dinner time 😎
1BBB0736-BBBD-450B-8CFA-65A0132D34DF.jpeg

DWC

Reaction score
Finished up some work at head out for a bike ride and a few cold ones. Great weather this weekend and looking even better next.

Clean Nordic cruising the channel.
12AF4C7D-B29C-4ED1-BD6C-A6EA342FE353.jpeg

Upside down Trump 2020 flag is always damn funny.
F07649DD-FEE5-4C74-9FB4-A1760ABC2402.jpeg

My next gig. Tour boat driver. Gonna give personal stories rather than history
;)
77FC6771-368D-4767-B47B-271015E719D7.jpeg

Busy channel everywhere you looked.
7510F6DA-2445-4DCB-B92A-A1F5FFC3242F.jpeg
7129FF1B-B9A0-4492-8BC5-69FF0A4F163F.jpeg

The Corvette boat. 2nd day he’s been out.
20D774B5-65CF-48E4-BF70-0766140EF991.jpeg
6DDBB10F-D304-4651-9D69-768C46F7AC3A.jpeg
2CA3F657-7127-4BC8-98C8-E07BE6018175.jpeg
BACC7D3F-4086-4768-83C3-71AE1D628C4C.jpeg
0592B12F-F6DF-4EB2-9114-2CA73D9F6B3B.jpeg

Tank

Reaction score
Finished up some work at head out for a bike ride and a few cold ones. Great weather this weekend and looking even better next.

Clean Nordic cruising the channel.
View attachment 986904

Upside down Trump 2020 flag is always damn funny.
View attachment 986905
My next gig. Tour boat driver. Gonna give personal stories rather than history
;)
View attachment 986906

Busy channel everywhere you looked.
View attachment 986907 View attachment 986908

The Corvette boat. 2nd day he’s been out.
View attachment 986909 View attachment 986910 View attachment 986911 View attachment 986912 View attachment 986913
View attachment 986914
View attachment 986914
Tour boat driver with personal stories?? That shits classic!

“and over there on your left was where the infamous house boat turn around happened in 08”. “Over on your right is where I beached in 04 and hit a rock...” 😂😂

That corvette boat sits hella low in the water!!
Great pics. Thanks for posting.

Reactions: DWC

DWC

Reaction score
Tour boat driver with personal stories?? That shits classic!

“and over there on your left was where the infamous house boat turn around happened in 08”. “Over on your right is where I beached in 04 and hit a rock...” 😂😂

That corvette boat sits hella low in the water!!
Great pics. Thanks for posting.
Oh shit, we’re you sitting behind us at Blue Chair? :D Mine was Houseboat in late 80’s with full sound system up top, couple strippers and a DJ playing 2 live crew under the bridge.. Told my wife I’m gonna drive it. She said you should learn the history. Told her BS, gonna make and tell it.

JUSTWANNARACE

I will not let them take me🤣🤣
Reaction score
We took ours last Saturday. It was 8 hours also, No pizza and beer though lol.
Have your wife check out the Sig P238. That’s the one I’m leaning towards. I have a P365xl and it has too much kick for me.

Good info. We will look into that one as well. She has shot different pistols a few and already has a little .380 that recoils like a sob. My thing is I'm not willing to trust that Taurus with her life! We have put probably 150 rounds through it and it has jammed 3 or 4 times. So not reliable enough in my eyes for a carry. Plus I like the mag capacity of the 365 for a smaller gun

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score
I saw a nice 28 heat here in lenwood today , white with blue flames but they disappeared in the parking lot 🤔

Skater368

Upon My Request This is all Folks Skater368/nganga
Reaction score
That is tough, my son bike camped it all the way to seven springs in his senior year at cactus shadows high school. He said they walked more than they rode. After hiking it I understand why. Back in the day used to jeep all that.

Had a guy in our group fall off and break a hip in a bad spot. They had to roll him out on one of those one wheeled carts to get him to a place a chopper could land. We were through riding to Spur Cross. We got home late in the dark, we had no lights, got to Spur Cross road, right at dark. I lived in Desert Hills at the time. I rode through Cave Creek park home.

Good times....

LowRiver2

Reaction score
4E3A8357-3455-4B15-B1DF-19246C4FB517.jpeg

Some 70’s firecrackers and bottle rockets turned in by an old guy today. Said he took them from his son 40 years ago.
13 years on the squad, thousands of firecrackers, first time I saw some from when I was a kid(wrapping)
Us Gen X’ers never left those unused🤣

Taboma

Reaction score
View attachment 987339
Some 70’s firecrackers and bottle rockets turned in by an old guy today. Said he took them from his son 40 years ago.
13 years on the squad, thousands of firecrackers, first time I saw some from when I was a kid(wrapping)
Us Gen X’ers never left those unused🤣

Do they even have firecrackers like those anymore ? Seemed like as a kid I always had those things handy, but damned if I can even recall who my dealer was ? 😁

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Might want to remove those pictures. No shoring in the excavation at five foot depth,
unless that guys midget, a step ladder is illegal used in that position and no face shield using a cutoff saw. Leave the underground to the professionals😂

Taboma

Reaction score
Might want to remove those pictures. No shoring in the excavation at five foot depth,
unless that guys midget, a step ladder is illegal used in that position and no face shield using a cutoff saw. Leave the underground to the professionals😂

Yeah, " The professionals " is one label, but sitting here easily recalling the day when real men worked construction, I'm inclined to think of another, that's far less flattering. :rolleyes:
OMG, the safety police might come. :oops:

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
unless that guys midget, a step ladder is illegal used in that position and no face shield using a cutoff saw.
They were fine. The walls were like rock. ;) The apprentice should have had his safety glasses on though.:mad:

Nordie

Reaction score
It looks benched to me, and certain soils do not require shoring according to OSHA.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Yeah, " The professionals " is one label, but sitting here easily recalling the day when real men worked construction, I'm inclined to think of another, that's far less flattering. :rolleyes:
OMG, the safety police might come. :oops:
Yep. When you have 6 buildings without fire protection and you need to get the water back on that night. The inspector didn’t have a problem with what we were doing. :D

Taboma

Reaction score
Yep. When you have 6 buildings without fire protection and you need to get the water back on that night. The inspector didn’t have a problem with what we were doing. :D

Well you're just damned lucky that "Safety Karen" didn't show up 😂 I didn't retire because I was fed up with the challenges of my trade, it was the expanding regulatory maze, the "Catch 22" of bullshit I'd finally had enough of. Wages aside, I can easily see how the cost of many of the more physically challenging projects we performed would easily triple in today's project environment. Somehow, we accomplished them without injuring or killing anybody. 👍

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
It looks benched to me, and certain soils do not require shoring according to OSHA.

It is not benched correctly and it would only not require shoring if it was classified A material which would be solid rock and then only if it hasn’t been previously disturbed. You can visually see it’s not solid rock and it has been previously disturbed the second you stuck the bucket in it.😎

Luvnlife

Head Ram Rod
Reaction score
Is that inspector going to pay your OSHA fine? That inspector will disappear as soon as OSHA starts asking questions. BTW by saying “They were fine” and “you need to get the water back on” could be interpreted as willful endangerment.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Well you're just damned lucky that "Safety Karen" didn't show up 😂 I didn't retire because I was fed up with the challenges of my trade, it was the expanding regulatory maze, the "Catch 22" of bullshit I'd finally had enough of. Wages aside, I can easily see how the cost of many of the more physically challenging projects we performed would easily triple in today's project environment. Somehow, we accomplished them without injuring or killing anybody. 👍
No foolin'!! My Dad would have gone to jail for life running the crews he ran back in the 60's and 70's. When men, were men is 100% correct. If one of the men complained, he didn't have a job when he got done complaining. Also agree about how ANY construction gets done nowdays with the shit they have to wear to protect their candy ass bodies.

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
No foolin'!! My Dad would have gone to jail for life running the crews he ran back in the 60's and 70's. When men, were men is 100% correct. If one of the men complained, he didn't have a job when he got done complaining. Also agree about how ANY construction gets done nowdays with the shit they have to wear to protect their candy ass bodies.

Mt. Rushmore is a Tad different, BUT!! Then Hoover Dam, The Interstate Highway System.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
OSHA, anything five foot and over requires shoring. ‘Like rock” doesn’t matter to OSHA😉
The one side of the back flow was 5' +/-. The side my guy is standing on was dug out so we could put our bucket with the water pump in. Yep..Guilty as charged. :rolleyes:

Damn...Just noticed my guys didn't have their Covid masks on either. How did you miss that??? :eek:😂

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score

Kinda like real life, how we've all been dragged kicking and screaming down to the lowest denominator.
In construction, the result of those who whined the most and the loudest, the ones in the wrong occupation who hired lawyers, and obviously won.

Construction, the military, essentially any physical occupation, the really good, are shackled with the burden of dragging along those who shouldn't be there, but the courts have decided in all fairness, they deserve to be.

Nordie

Reaction score
This always happens on here. Someone will have something to say about it.

Always have to be careful what you post. This is why in my pictures I avoid company logos and keeping my guys out of the pictures.

Taboma

Reaction score
This always happens on here. Someone will have something to say about it.

Always have to be careful what you post. This is why in my pictures I avoid company logos and keeping my guys out of the pictures.

I've noticed very little bickering in the Gopher Eradication Thread, I mean aside from the occasional " Should have used a Barrett M-82 50 cal" opinion, or somebody advocating land mines, at least so far OSHA's not involved. 😁

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
How do you like the ROAM tent?
The Roam is an awesome tent, however I'm not 100% sold on the rooftop tent in general. It has made a huge difference on the drivability of the Jeep at freeway speeds. Switching lanes feels like you're in an RV. It rolls a lot. It's also really big. Had we known we would have gone with a smaller, lighter one.

Nordie

Reaction score
I've noticed very little bickering in the Gopher Eradication Thread, I mean aside from the occasional " Should have used a Barrett M-82 50 cal" opinion, or somebody advocating land mines, at least so far OSHA's not involved. 😁

I don't have a gopher problem here in Vegas, but that is one of my favorite threads. Pretty entertaining

Taboma

Reaction score
I don't have a gopher problem here in Vegas, but that is one of my favorite threads. Pretty entertaining

I've got a young one right now that's making this old "Gopher Killer" look really bad. I'm actually considering blowing the entire bank up, because one way or the other, that fucker is going to die !!!!!!!!!! :mad:

JD D05

Reaction score
The Roam is an awesome tent, however I'm not 100% sold on the rooftop tent in general. It has made a huge difference on the drivability of the Jeep at freeway speeds. Switching lanes feels like you're in an RV. It rolls a lot. It's also really big. Had we known we would have gone with a smaller, lighter one.

That's exactly the feedback I was looking for. I think when I do it it will be the Go Fast Camper, it's small and has a hard cover.

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
That's exactly the feedback I was looking for. I think when I do it it will be the Go Fast Camper, it's small and has a hard cover.
That’s the one my husband wanted, but we were afraid it would be too small.
We will probably end up selling this one and going with a smaller one.

JD D05

Reaction score
That’s the one my husband wanted, but we were afraid it would be too small.
We will probably end up selling this one and going with a smaller one.

They do seem pretty small. For me this will be for me and my little boy, wife isn't to interested in camping.

badluck

Reaction score
Bobby, are you a GC or sub? I wonder if we’ve crossed paths at some point. I’ve worked on a lot of large projects on the peninsula over the last 25+ yrs

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Bobby, are you a GC or sub? I wonder if we’ve crossed paths at some point. I’ve worked on a lot of large projects on the peninsula over the last 25+ yrs
I have worked for the same fire sprinkler sub since 1986. We work all around So Cal.