WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
The wife always wants us to stop. And add to the pile of shoes. Today was the day with the red and gold shoes as well as the American flag.

901119D8-85DD-4B09-BF35-876D66E7E31A.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Educate me please.... I saw that last week on way home from Cat Fest but nobody in truck knew anything..... thx

I don’t really know the origin of the shoe trees. There are many shoe trees across the country. I think that this one was a building or gas station that was out of business and people started to put up the shoes. I also think that the building burnt down once and the shoes were started up again.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
I don’t really know the origin of the shoe trees. There are many shoe trees across the country. I think that this one was a building or gas station that was out of business and people started to put up the shoes. I also think that the building burnt down once and the shoes were started up again.

Isn't the "shoe tree" on Rice Rd at the entrance to the old Rice AAFB? Don't know how far back it dates or if the tradition has anything to do with the military. The tree itself burned back in the middle aughts...

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
Isn't the "shoe tree" on Rice Rd at the entrance to the old Rice AAFB? Don't know how far back it dates or if the tradition has anything to do with the military. The tree itself burned back in the middle aughts...

My dad was stationed in Rice on maneuvers? in '60 or '61. He was assigned to the mail run to Parker daily.

Dan'l

Nordie

Reaction score
Since it appears it's been dug out of conrete, just fill it up, yer good to go 😁 I've trench through my share of caliche, but damn, you must be sitting on a mountain of it. :oops:

Fuck caliche, that stuff literally has a higher psi rating than concrete. My house is on a bed of it. Planted my wifes flower garden a month ago using my makita rotohammer set on hammer mode. When my water main broke, we abandoned the original line and dug a new trench. I subbed that shit out to day laborers in front of the nursery.

SOCALCRICKETT

Reaction score
Took the wife and my little meatball down to body beach yesterday to watch guys practice for the race this weekend. Finished off with some pasta by the pool.

I swear he is the happiest little dude on the planet, nothing shakes his tree!
20210427_165805.jpg
20210428_170614.jpg
20210428_185240.jpg

Sent from my SM-G981U using Tapatalk

Yachts by Bob

Reaction score
2021 Cruisers 39 Express coupe, twin Merc 8.2 sea cores. Took it out the day before and it went into guardian, bad crankshaft sensor, swaped the sensors and took it out again about 12:00, nothing nicer than 81° in Newport Beach. We shot on down to Emerald Bay, and brought her back with no problems. Customer will take delivery soon. Beautiful day here on the Southern California Coast.

Last edited:

nameisbond

Reaction score
Bella is looking good, so shiny and big. How much is she weighing? Dozer hit 80 lbs last week but still think Bella is a little bigger.

Thanks.......... I'm not sure on her weight. Must be at least 80lbs. She's still growing and is going to be a big girl.