WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Current Situation - a picture thread

c_land

Reaction score
New rubbers. Time to put these bad boys back on the f-one hundred and fifty. ๐Ÿ†

6AD057D1-E286-4923-A8A5-B3160286798A.jpeg

Reactions: DWC

LakeMead Boater

Reaction score
Good post.... I've owned a three story aging apt building perched on bluff above ocean since 2000. Sits above China Cove if you recall the area in cdm. Its haunted for sure and tenants always tell me stories over the years of an aged lady with long white hair passing peacefully through their units. I bought it after divorce so I could have a bachelor pad and its served me well. There's a really dense tall pine tree behind bldg and over these 20 years I've had 3 litters of Great Blue Herons come and go.... my lady and I named the patriarch "Bruce", watched him select a mate, build first nest and then the chicks hatched and all hell broke loose. They return each generation to rebuild old nest and start their families. I became enthralled on first batch watching for hours from my office on top floor. I even saw a chick get pushed out by siblings and fell 60' to grass below. i had that thing in my hand as its eyes closed dying from impact I guess. They truly are dinasaurs of our era and holding a chick makes this evident when you see one that closely. We came back from dinner late one night to find Bruces female mate in street dead. There were power lines above so guessing she came in late and got tangled up. I picked her up by her talons and she stretched open... boy was she light as a kite .... placed her folded up on grassy side and called for her to be removed. Herons are definitely a part of living in my place. Hoping for a new batch soon again.

Shoot, we must have been neighbors! I lived on the top floor of a 3 story apartment right above China Cove from 2011-2013. That was the most bitchin place I have ever lived, I miss it.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
The Baja minus the hull and engine/drive ๐Ÿ˜†. Waiting on bids for the interior and most likely pulling the trigger on a rub rail order tomorrow.

39CF9367-AC64-4031-B291-68E751B4A355.jpeg

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Shoot, we must have been neighbors! I lived on the top floor of a 3 story apartment right above China Cove from 2011-2013. That was the most bitchin place I have ever lived, I miss it.
You might've been in a multi unit building on the cliff pointed out over harbor looking to north on Ocean Blvd. I believe there were around 14 units in that structure. It came down few years ago and now is an amazing multi villa structure and boy is it something. Units average 4K sq ft, elevators etc....Took builder years to get approvals cause it sits directly on & down cliffs edge. Really gorgeous from the bay.
AERIE in Corona del Mar, CA | Corona Del Mar Luxury Homes (aeriecdm.com)

Taboma

Reaction score
You might've been in a multi unit building on the cliff pointed out over harbor looking to north on Ocean Blvd. I believe there were around 14 units in that structure. It came down few years ago and now is an amazing multi villa structure and boy is it something. Units average 4K sq ft, elevators etc....Took builder years to get approvals cause it sits directly on & down cliffs edge. Really gorgeous from the bay.
AERIE in Corona del Mar, CA | Corona Del Mar Luxury Homes (aeriecdm.com)

Wow, beautiful place !! Who's the lucky owner that got the large yacht slip ?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Wow, beautiful place !! Who's the lucky owner that got the large yacht slip ?
This project was a beast to get through the city. City council fought tooth & nail on size... the developer/ architect is quite well known for special builds here but he wanted to build all the way down to the waterline so compromises were made in sq footage to save the rock beauty seen from the harbor. Tiger Woods was on a lengthy list originally for one of the seven units however his life changed over the years it took to get project completed and word has it the young fella needs a bit more security/ privacy than these units offer. I watched them build that dock and they came out a bit short for some of our bigger yachtsman and waters too shallow so not sure who gets the spot.

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark ๐Ÿ˜ข
Reaction score
So Fresno got the call today I had to haul ass up here to pick up some plans , old stomping grounds so for dinner it was the crawfish Guy dam itโ€™s good

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Woke up this morning and went out to look at the view and open the doors as normal. I have not been watching the moon phase for some time. With the look of the light behind the building Iโ€™d say the moon is rather large at this time. Hope everyone has a great week!!!!

A0C2BD35-3378-4706-91D4-1120B0E389C0.jpeg

Last edited:

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark ๐Ÿ˜ข
Reaction score
No patio here we have a bbq only have maybe till Friday and I get paroled and a week off

4Waters

Reaction score
We are at walk through practice for our hardest game of the season tomorrow. Royal High's home coming game is tonight and the band is practicing in the background. They practiced the National Anthem and my son (the one in black with his back to us) and 2 others stopped and put their hand on their hearts. PATRIOT'S right there๐Ÿ˜‰

20210924_174020.jpg

We are staying for the game as the wife and I are Highlander's and my daughter is now a Highlander. GO ROYAL!!