Reaction score
The start of the southern Utah snowpack
312825242_5335746933221775_4310027314909686853_n.jpg

FCT

Reaction score
8F519CCC-CF0C-4071-87AA-9F0DD2BDDA35.jpeg
3C2751C3-3234-4ABD-9320-5200F60EA9CC.jpeg
A62BB003-4FC0-4BFC-9E2D-35BF1A111341.jpeg

Wife and I are headed to Utah for the week and are staying at Red Rock Resort here in NV for the night and decided to knock out a fun hike in Red Rock Canyon. “Turtlehead Peak” Just shy of 5 miles round trip and 2100’ of elevation gain. Beautiful scenery, amazing weather and a sexy lady to follow! Life’s good!

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Reactions: FCT

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Don't want to but I have to see how it goes in the next couple of months. The right leg is on it's second replacement.
Best of luck to you. At one point didn’t they only want to do one replacement per leg to a person. Has that mindset changed?

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Best of luck to you. At one point didn’t they only want to do one replacement per leg to a person. Has that mindset changed?
Pops had his 1st knee replacement 6 years ago, he was 83 at the time.
He was to the point in pain where he couldn't stand for more than 15-20 minutes, and he's a tough SOB.
As soon as he got all his range of motion back through PT, he had his other one done as well.
Said he wished he would've done it 5 years sooner.

Here was after he had his 1st one done (the right) . . . look how bow'd his left is/ was.
IMG_2710.jpg

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Pops had his 1st knee replacement 6 years ago, he was 83 at the time.
He was to the point in pain where he couldn't stand for more than 15-20 minutes, and he's a tough SOB.
As soon as he got all his range of motion back through PT, he had his other one done as well.
Said he wished he would've done it 5 years sooner.

Here was after he had his 1st one done (the right) . . . look how bow'd his left is/ was.
View attachment 1167013
Maybe I misunderstood @Gramps i thought that he had to do the same leg for a second time not the second leg.

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Maybe I misunderstood @Gramps i thought that he had to do the same leg for a second time not the second leg.
Oh . . . gotcha.
I have heard of people getting the same one done more than once.
20-ish years used to be the the lifespan of a'new knee' . . . but with new tech it's gotten longer.

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
Oh . . . gotcha.
I have heard of people getting the same one done more than once.
20-ish years used to be the the lifespan of a'new knee' . . . but with new tech it's gotten longer.
I know my grandmother was trying to time it to not have an issue at the end of her life. Like you said it was 20 life of the new knee. But this was back 30+ years ago. Then the second knee for her was a no brained after the first was such a success.

Gramps

Older Member
Reaction score
the first knee was put in (right leg) in 1994. They screwed up and put it in crooked and rotated it too much. I wound up at USC medical center and had the guy that pretty much "invented" the artificial knee look at it. They tried to fix it and did a couple of surgeries on it without any success. It was a constant pain and dislocated very often.........finally in 2014 I had that one "revised". That surgery went well as far as the knee went but my heart and kidneys shut down during the procedure. This was my 12th knee surgery. About 5 years ago my other "real" knee started acting up. That why we have been watching it. I'm not very convinced about going under the knife again after the heart thing and kidneys last time but the procedure has changed and goes a lot faster so we will see. Almost forgot, on top of the12 knee surgeries each shoulder has been opened up and reworked also. My oldest son saw all of this over the years and decided to become an ortho PAC, he figured there would always be a lot of work in that business.

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

Reaction score
the first knee was put in (right leg) in 1994. They screwed up and put it in crooked and rotated it too much. I wound up at USC medical center and had the guy that pretty much "invented" the artificial knee look at it. They tried to fix it and did a couple of surgeries on it without any success. It was a constant pain and dislocated very often.........finally in 2014 I had that one "revised". That surgery went well as far as the knee went but my heat and kidneys shut down during the procedure. This was my 12th knee surgery. About 5 years ago my other "real" knee started acting up. That why we have been watching it. I'm not very convinced about going under the knife again after the heart thing and kidneys last time but the procedure has changed and goes a lot faster so we will see. Almost forgot, on top of the12 knee surgeries each shoulder has been opened up and reworked also. My oldest son saw all of this over the years and decided to become an ortho PAC, he figured there would always be a lot of work in that business.
Thanks for the clarification. I totally understand the hesitation after your history. I have a friend with a similar deal but shoulder. It has wrecked his life and ability to work. Best to you and you journey on the knee.

FCT

Reaction score
7E9F4ED8-2298-4252-9DA7-EF9C941067C8.jpeg

Here in St George this weekend for the Ironman world championship. The two on the right is my trainer from Brazil from when I was racing and his wife who both made it here together which is pretty awesome. She raced today and he races tomorrow. So awesome catching up with friends who are like family who I don’t see very often. Hope everyone has a awesome weekend!