WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Custom home build costs?

2Driver

Reaction score
I know this can be a huge range, but what is the “build on your lot” per square foot number to expect in AZ.
Say for a nicely appointed ( not over the top) well made custom home in the 3,000 foot range, big 2-car plus a sprinter RV garage. Kitchen-aid level appliances, wood floors, good level windows and doors. some natural stone, paver drive. blah blah blah

Last edited:

c_land

Reaction score
I know this can a huge range, but what is the “build on your lot” per square foot number to expect in AZ.
Say for a nicely appointed ( not over the top) well made custom home in the 3,000 foot range, big 2-car plus a sprinter RV garage. Kitchen-aid level appliances, wood floors, good level windows and doors. some natural stone, paver drive. blah blah blah

We were at $216.00/sqft back in March.

We have very similar specs to what you listed above. House is 2600 sqft. 4 BD/3 BA. Large 2 car with attached 20'x43' RV Garage.

This is on my lot in Cave Creek with a local custom builder.

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score
This all depends on what yore definition of “good” and “not over the top” is.

Do you think this is just “adequate”?

2DAF4D7B-CA5E-4DBA-9A76-492D93E0A01D.jpeg

hallett21

Reaction score
I can tell you in our area of so cal 300-400.

I always have a hard time with per sq ft pricing. Because custom (even your parameters) can go from mild to wild real quick.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

hallett21

Reaction score
This all depends on what yore definition of “good” and “not over the top” is.

Do you think this is just “adequate”?

View attachment 1049321

For some custom is picking finishes. Others it includes heated floors, steam showers, HVAC in the garage and waterstone plumbing fixtures.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I know this can be a huge range, but what is the “build on your lot” per square foot number to expect in AZ.
If you’re really interested I got a good buddy that I go to Glamis with and do BMX with…. He’s built some pretty nice houses for quite a few people if you’re interested I’ll give you his phone number

2Driver

Reaction score
Ok so here is something close except I’d use kitchen-aid level kitchen, no copper garage doors, little less on the outdoor space.

cakemoto

Reaction score
I was just looking on his website I believe you can get some prices just by putting a little bit of info in
43C276EE-B690-4591-AC24-68343E040B02.png

530RL

Reaction score
Agree with Done it Again

No land, flat lot, no offsites, no impact fees, water meter fees, sewer connection fees, architectural fees, review fees, permit fees and other stuff...........

3,000 foot mid level house with ceiling elevation changes and not a box but some architectural elements, about 200 to 250 PSF on the 3,000 feet livable including a moderate patio, minimum landscaping on a moderate lot and an appropriate 2+ garage.

The rv garage is another 60 - 80 PSF assuming a ten foot door, it is not conditioned space, and depending upon total height, interior finish and roofing material.

530RL

Reaction score
I can tell you in our area of so cal 300-400.

I always have a hard time with per sq ft pricing. Because custom (even your parameters) can go from mild to wild real quick.

Me too. A lot of the custom houses have total under roof double livable. So people look at price PSF of "livable" and are shocked at that price per square foot because their 5,000 SF livable house is 10,000 under roof?

The PSF numbers work well for production stuff but get lost in translation on the custom stuff with multiple patios, entry areas, outside living rooms and large multi-purpose garages.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

Depends on the areas in AZ...havasu or phx/tucson..

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
We were at $216.00/sqft back in March.

We have very similar specs to what you listed above. House is 2600 sqft. 4 BD/3 BA. Large 2 car with attached 20'x43' RV Garage.

This is on my lot in Cave Creek with a local custom builder.
Who was your builder, would like to see pics

satellitemike

Reaction score
If you’re really interested I got a good buddy that I go to Glamis with and do BMX with…. He’s built some pretty nice houses for quite a few people if you’re interested I’ll give you his phone number
Following. Has your buddy built in LHC?

c_land

Reaction score
Who was your builder, would like to see pics

I haven’t even started yet :)🔫

The city has been an absolute nightmare with everyone working from home and limited access to City hall. Finally submitted for permits last week.

here’s the elevation that my wife colored in photo shop:

540C325A-CC66-472D-8D98-BE8A3D39F46C.jpeg

hallett21

Reaction score
Me too. A lot of the custom houses have total under roof double livable. So people look at price PSF of "livable" and are shocked at that price per square foot because their 5,000 SF livable house is 10,000 under roof?

The PSF numbers work well for production stuff but get lost in translation on the custom stuff with multiple patios, entry areas, outside living rooms and large multi-purpose garages.

I prefer the cost to build a home. But that’s not a popular conversation at dinner.

But it’s an honest convo 🤷🏼‍♂️

530RL

Reaction score
I prefer the cost to build a home. But that’s not a popular conversation at dinner.

But it’s an honest convo 🤷🏼‍♂️

Yes it is.

People want a deal and I get it. But if you have limited labor there is much more margin in production tract than custom.

So custom gets expensive.

Im building an office right now of 10,500 SF and it’s gonna turn out to be 400 a foot before land at 60 a foot. 😳😳😳

That’s just the cost of doing business now.

dspracing

Reaction score
When you’re talking PSF and it includes anything other than a standard two car garage, how can you really compare?

building 2,200ft living, 2,400ft garage. $160/ft if you ignore the garage it’s $270/ft

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
My 1800sf w/ RV Garage in LHC is running me approx $267 a foot to build not counting the lot & prep. It’s no Taj Mahal but it has most of the upgrades mentioned by the OP. Wish I built a few years earlier when it would have ran around $195.

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score

good post... price per sq ft went out the window with houses with 1 car car ports.... sq ft under roof is the real cost...most people put heat , ac and bathrooms in their garages now when it's a custom build...I don't,.. but I don't fit in the "MOST" people group....