WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cut The Cord with 'Antenna Man'

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Thanks to the folks here that lead me to search for a good antenna in a prior post.
I came across the 'Antenna Man' on You Tube . . . .dude has a TON of good informative vids for those contemplating cutting cable, and everything related.
He has a website as well.

Here's a great vid link that summarizes his thoughts on cable and satellite and how streaming services are getting just as expensive.

His rant towards the end is MONEY . . . his 'Twilight Zone' impersonation is classic . . .
Enjoy

C_J_J_C

Reaction score
We "Cut the cord" about a year ago. We still do internet and have Netflix, Prime, and an anntenna and besides a few college football games on ESPN I haven't missed anything.

ElAzul

Well-Known RDP Inmate #211
Reaction score
Plex, Tubi, Pluto, IMDB and tons of other free apps with surprisingly good content for streaming. We even ditched Netflix and Discovery this month don't really miss it either

Dan Lorenze

Reaction score
Funny how people cut the cord only to pay for Netflix,Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO, Showtime, Apple TV plus etc... It sounds great in theory tho. I tried to cut the cord a couple of years ago and bought an antenna, the only channel I received was a latin channel, don't get me wrong it was entertaining.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Funny how people cut the cord only to pay for Netflix,Amazon Prime, Hulu, HBO, Showtime, Apple TV plus etc... It sounds great in theory tho. I tried to cut the cord a couple of years ago and bought an antenna, the only channel I received was a latin channel, don't get me wrong it was entertaining.

So you haven't seen Clickbait then?

Bummer! 😁

rivergames

Reaction score
I don't have cable at the river and I cut my cable at my pad in LA about 4 or 5 years ago. I just need internet I pay $5.99 for the basic Hulu service. My wife has Netflix. I use my Prime Video. I have a $100 Antenna in my attic that gets free channels. No complaints here!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
I'm lookiing forward to seeing how this all works-out . . . my mail carrier is a super cool dude & if I'm in the garage he stops on his route for a coldie & we shoot the $hit . . . he was saying that he gets at least 40 channels over the air & they all come in killer . . . he backs it up with free streaming stuff & he's happy.
I ordered what I think is going to be a good directional roof mounted antenna, & I also bought the good RG6 Quad-Shielded Coax Cable which is supposed to make a big difference. We'll see . . . either way, I'm OVER $260/month for $hit-Box Commercials w/ a splash of TV mixed-in.

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
The Weather report is my favorite part.😁😊

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
I've had one of the old fashioned antennas in the attic for years.
Set it on the rafters and pointed it in direction of towers
Some channels fade in and out but I just rescanned and got 41 channels
Your dad will enjoy some of the old programs and of course Grit.
I got this one for our home in Williams AZ and put it outside
Surprised we got 16 channels in the middle of nowhere

mesquito_creek

Reaction score
I cut the chord 5 years ago... never looked back. We use Netflix and Hulu. Amazon prime video is free with amazon prime (free is arguable here). We have an Antenna that picks up all the major networks. Big Bonus is that all that stuff works for one price at multiple locations and homes, heck I can use it on my boat by downloading content and screen sharing.

Whenever I end up at a hotel or vrbo with traditional cable/satellite I find it un watchable,.... even DVR with fast forward feels so 2010!.