WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Cutting Edge Props

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
How many have used the Cutting Edge Props from Auggie?
I’m my prop resting i figured a Max5 15.25”x30p short tube would be perfect so i had Auggie build me one as well 1500$ is easier than the 2700$ of an actual Merc M5.
The Max5 long tube 15.0” x 30 came out of the hole so amazing and ran right to the limiter, so assumed the little more diameter would lower the slip etc… however this CE Fast5 prop blows out and acts like a worn out clutch slipping till about 40-45mph.

Would like to hear others experience with the CE props, he seems to be willing to work on it for me but i may be out 1500$ 😢
84501250-A32F-4F8D-815E-1FBAD6894666.jpeg

Yoshiro

Reaction score
I've had great luck with his 5 blade 15" x 28P on my Nordic Heat. I had him shorten the tube just a little, still has some flare. I sent this CE 5 blade to another Nordic Heat owner for testing vs a max 5 he had. He loved the CE so much he ordered one.

3mph faster than my bravo 4 blade 28P for comparison. After that I sent the bravo down to him for tuning/labbing. Have yet to try that out.

Do you think you might be too short on the tube as the Max 5 long tube worked great out of the hole for you?

20191217_112526.jpg

Rbcconst

Reaction score
How many have used the Cutting Edge Props from Auggie?
I’m my prop resting i figured a Max5 15.25”x30p short tube would be perfect so i had Auggie build me one as well 1500$ is easier than the 2700$ of an actual Merc M5.
The Max5 long tube 15.0” x 30 came out of the hole so amazing and ran right to the limiter, so assumed the little more diameter would lower the slip etc… however this CE Fast5 prop blows out and acts like a worn out clutch slipping till about 40-45mph.

Would like to hear others experience with the CE props, he seems to be willing to work on it for me but i may be out 1500$ 😢 View attachment 1105631
I had a 5 blade from him that did the same thing. Turned out he sent me a 14 5/8 or something vs a 15.25. The first one blew out like nobodies business. I actually think I turned right back around and changed that sucker. He made me a new one and the second one worked fine. He replaced the prop right away with the correct diameter. not sure why the first was so small.

UltraLucky

Reaction score
Auggie is great to work with. Never had an issue with him "tuning/tweaking" a prop to get it right.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
I know it might be a pain in the butt with where you live compared to his shop but if you talk with Auggie he will usually make it right. Not always easy to get a hold of but when you do very willing to work with you.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Well it’s great to hear all the positive, for sure. As i said not knocking him or his business as he’s been real good with the phone for me. Just curious if the final outcome for some whether the prop made them happy at the end.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
I had a Augie do a repair for me once on a merc chopper...the thing came back so pretty I almost felt bad putting it on the boat. The guy takes pride in his work, that's for sure.

Unfortunately, I never really got to test it...he repaired a small crack in one blade, which stayed fixed for the 2 miles I ran it at cruise up to a beach with the wife/kid/2 dogs on board....then at the beach my 4yo pointed to the prop (out of the water...trimmed up) and after a closer look...the other 2 blades had cracked. It was a bit thin at that point so it went in the scrap pile.

I haven't had the opportunity to send him another...but he's on my short list now that Kevin at R&R is gone.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Well it’s great to hear all the positive, for sure. As i said not knocking him or his business as he’s been real good with the phone for me. Just curious if the final outcome for some whether the prop made them happy at the end.
You should measure the diameter and make sure its actually 15.25. The prop he sent me was not what it was suppose.

28Eliminator

Reaction score
I just him take a 1/4” off the diameter and cut 3/8” off the diffuser on a 28p 4 blade for me. Sure is pretty. Haven’t tested it yet, but he only charged $250 for it.

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
I had the same basic issue you had with a labbed four blade that he made me where it just slipped like crazy. I took it back, explained to him what the issues where and he reworked it for me at no cost. Runs much better now. I have not tried his five blade though since I have been happy with the max 5 I am running now.

AZLineman

Adjusting to retired life
Reaction score
I’ve worked with Augie since he took the business over from Greg. He is a master and will make it right.