• Netflixs

• KODI

• Other

Results are only viewable after voting.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Ok all.
Thinking about cutting the Direct TV cord.
Seems that the new technology is going to streaming.
What does everyone use now?
How many tv's can you run through each service?
AT & T says you can stream on 20 tv's at one time per subscription. Others are 3 or so.
We have a few smart tv's and the older ones we have Fire TV sticks on.
What do you use and what the costs and with how many tv's?
I have a poll and if you choose other please list your streaming source.

HOOTER SLED-

Supercharged MOTORBOAT!!!
Reaction score
I dropped DTV and had At&T for internet/phone. Picked up Spectrum for internet/phone. Already had Netflix, Hulu, Prime, Disney between my kids and me. Started out with YouTube TV...did not care for it. Ended up just adding TV with Spectrum. Was actually cheaper to add than keeping YouTube TV. I have no cable box...I just added TV Spectrum via streaming. You can get a box if you want to. Only real gripe is missing using a guide and flipping channels quick instead of waiting for the stream. I stream from all 6 Roku TVs around the compound.

Reactions: DWC

Flatsix66

Reaction score
We dropped our TV and land line package and kept just the internet. Our cable bill went from ~$300mo to ~$80. We do not get over the air TV in our area so we backfilled that with a combination of YoutubeTV ($65mo), Locast (all local channels streamed $5mo donation), Pluto (free), Roku Channel (free). Our TVs are the cheapo TCL brand 4k TVs with Roku built in. For some of the older TVs we attach a fire stick 4k. What is cool is you can watch the same streams without additional fees at the Havasu house, hotels, cell phone in the car..whatever without paying for more shit. We don't miss the cable TV package one bit..fuck them.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
I use Sling, ROKU and Netflix. I would disconnect the Netflix but my son and grandkids use it a lot as well. Also have Amazon Prime but cancelled that and I think it goes away at the end of the year.

I use my true unlimited Verizon hotspot for all my streaming that has been grandfathered in for years. No throttling on this one.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Got rid of cable 6 months ago. We watch youtube, pluto tv mainly.

Water Romper

Reaction score
ROKU- for all TV/ movies.
Still pay for Internet but its hard wired, not a dish

Rbcconst

Reaction score
Ok all.
Thinking about cutting the Direct TV cord.
Seems that the new technology is going to streaming.
What does everyone use now?
How many tv's can you run through each service?
AT & T says you can stream on 20 tv's at one time per subscription. Others are 3 or so.
We have a few smart tv's and the older ones we have Fire TV sticks on.
What do you use and what the costs and with how many tv's?
I have a poll and if you choose other please list your streaming source.

Roku seems to be the easiest device, better then smart tv and its apps. I have att now and thats more then enough.

Major downside, no NFL ticket. My wife is a seahawks fan and couldnt watch most of her games.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

RCDave

Reaction score
I dropped DirecTV as wll. Getting them to eliminate the service was like a getting a root canal. They were like how else are you going to get NFL, MLB, NBA, etc.... I told them I don't support Kneeling sports.

Went with Sparklight. So far so good and very reasonably priced for TV, Internet, and Phone. and NO contracts

Last edited:

4Waters

Reaction score
I won't rely on anything that actually requires a cord. When my power goes out (which is a lot while living in The Valley of the Winds) so does my internet, I can power up my house and my dish receiver and have T.V., if there is an earthquake that causes the interruption I will be able to get information.

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Good info. I'm checking all my options now.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Ditched DTV about 2 years a ago. Now have Youtube TV, Netflix, Roku and a bunch of other shit that probably cost me as much as I was paying for DTV. 😲

Instigator

Just Livin up to My Name
Reaction score
Check out Troypoint.com.
I have done the kodi route twice and it is more than my wife is willing to deal with.
At this point in thing either Hulu plus or AT & T.
My suspicion is that now that AT & T owns Direct tv they will end up merging somehow. Just not sure if it will become a full streaming service yet.

Echo Lodge

Reaction score
I have done the kodi route twice and it is more than my wife is willing to deal with.
My suspicion is that now that AT & T owns Direct tv they will end up merging somehow. Just not sure if it will become a full streaming service yet.

ATT bought DTV years ago and recently sold part of it as it is a money pit for them.

John Stankey, the chief executive of AT&T, has looked at its media business as a way to keep its phone customers from switching to other companies. AT&T Wireless subscribers get discounts and free access to HBO Max. A deal with Discovery could include stipulations that customers would maintain those benefits.

Before he took over as chief executive last year, Mr. Stankey was the company’s chief mergers strategist. But his track record has been spotty. In addition to planning AT&T’s purchase of Time Warner, he was behind the company’s $48 billion acquisition of the satellite operator DirecTV in 2015. The service has been bleeding customers for years; in February, AT&T sold part of the business to the private equity firm TPG for about $16 billion, a third of what it originally paid.

HBCraig

Reaction score
I have directv

But I mainly watch sports. Specifically, college sports and the SEC network because we all know the SEC is the best. ;)

bowtiejunkie

Reaction score
We have AT&T TV (streaming), Amazon Prime, Netflix, and whatever is free on the TCL ROKU TV. Internet is via AT&T (50mb service - Fiber is being laid right now). I think it all averages out to $190/mo. Back out AT&T TV, it’s about $80/mo.

TCL ROKU tv we recently bought is great. The new Sony TV also purchased recently has a voice remote, but no AT&T TV app, so have to us Amazon Fire TV device for that.

you get too many streaming subscriptions, you’ll be paying up to or greater than a cable tv package.

white tortilla

Reaction score
I have FUBO it’s pretty solid. Can record stuff, has live channels, local stuff, lots of sports, also has catalogs of past shows and movies you can watch whenever.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
I use the Cinema APK app mostly for movies and also have SmartTube which is YouTube without the ads.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Prime, Netflix, Disney plus, Discovery Plus and Hulu & Motor trend.

I can always find something good to watch.

185EZ

Takin it EZ
Reaction score
Internet is $67/mth
30 channels free with antenna, local stations and Grit:)
100 internet channels free on smart tv
Hulu free with sprint phone
Netflix free from #1 daughter
Prime free from #2 daughter
Watch Hulu the most

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Internet is $67/mth
Watch Hulu the most

Be quiet you on the password sharing...

First rule of fight club applies. 😉

jetur

Reaction score
Netflix, YouTube, and the local digital channels keep me in more tv than I care to watch. We cut the cord 3 yrs ago.

77charger

Reaction score
Internet is $67/mth
Watch Hulu the most
At home we have direct tv but 90 percent of time i watch OTA antenna and love grit tv.Also watch other channels for older shows.I think after a few streaming services internet bills you are above just basic cable now.My wife prefers direct just to watch 1-2 shows and waste money i guess if it were me id buy a newer tv with free streaming and stick to digital antenna.