WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

D21 Rudder Bearing-2 Year Review

racerden

Boat #197
Reaction score
Removed D21's ball bearing rudder box assy. for a peek last weekend: Happy to report this baby showed v-e-r-y minimal wear, the bearing was tight without water derogation and the seals were like new. Best of all, like his prop shaft bearing product, the rudder box requires little attention in the way of greasing: one small shot before a weekend of usage and that is it. One important side note: If you are considering this product be sure to start with a correct sized rudder shaft , preferably a new unit.
Thanks Phil!
DV

HULLSHOT

Reaction score
Removed D21's ball bearing rudder box assy. for a peek last weekend: Happy to report this baby showed v-e-r-y minimal wear, the bearing was tight without water derogation and the seals were like new. Best of all, like his prop shaft bearing product, the rudder box requires little attention in the way of greasing: one small shot before a weekend of usage and that is it. One important side note: If you are considering this product be sure to start with a correct sized rudder shaft , preferably a new unit.
Thanks Phil!
DV

wish I could say the same thing..

DiMarco21

Reaction score
Thanks Phil!
DV

Thanks again for the kind words Denny. Good luck on this years race season!!! Phil :thumbup:

wish I could say the same thing..

Didn't remember you running my rudder box Don. Or am I mistaken?

HULLSHOT

Reaction score
Thanks again for the kind words Denny. Good luck on this years race season!!! Phil :thumbup:

Didn't remember you running my rudder box Don. Or am I mistaken?

The seals work great no leaks seen. Had a bearing issue but that was resolved. Phil's design is very good.

Dossangers

''Trailer Queen''
Reaction score
Im trying to wear my v drive seal out!!! NO LUCK! LOL