WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dahmer...

Hightyme

Reaction score
Havenā€™t started watching yet but Iā€™ve definitely been thinking it could probably be pretty good shit

outboard_256

Reaction score
Took me 3 days to watch it when it came out. Pretty crazy. The confession tapes documentary on him is coming out on friday.

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
I watched it straight through last week and liked it.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
Made it through the 1st episode, couldn't watch anymore. The facts of the story are well established, not sure why it needs retold.

78Southwind

Reaction score
If you haven't seen it yet watch "My Friend Dahmer" first.

renodaytona

Reaction score
Read this book in high school after he was caught, he was definitely twisted.

Attachments

• 0808BA52-6C0E-4605-A502-BAF9E1A3B789.jpeg
    0808BA52-6C0E-4605-A502-BAF9E1A3B789.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 17

FCT

Reaction score
Made it through the 1st episode, couldn't watch anymore. The facts of the story are well established, not sure why it needs retold.
Because Hollywood will produce anything that makes money regardless of the pain it has put families through, itā€™s sad those involved are probably having to relive it because of this shit.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
We started it last night. The first episode is very heavy, strange, and slow moving.
The wife almost stopped watching. I will watch it all regardless of what she does. LOL

Javajoe

Reaction score
Wife turned it off during the first episode when they started dissecting the cat šŸ«£šŸ¤¢

WhatExit?

Well-Known Inmate #'s 2584 & 20161
Reaction score
I won't watch it. I care more not to make him a martyr any more than this series will/has already.

Won't watch it. Just visiting this thread to see why people want to know more about this animal than we already know

Reactions: FCT

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I am thru 4 episodes. He is such a weirdo. The show is kind of slow. I am also not sure I like the timeline bouncing back and forth.

renodaytona

Reaction score
I am thru 4 episodes. He is such a weirdo. The show is kind of slow. I am also not sure I like the timeline bouncing back and forth.

Yeah it's like they tried to do a Quentin Tarantino type deal with it? I watched it all the way through, definitely feel for the families having to re-live this all over again now that this has been released.

Cdog

Reaction score
Trying to watch it. The homo shit is cringy........We keep finding something else to watch beyond episode 3.....

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
I got sick on the first episode and had to turn it off. What really hit me is that his dad was trying to connect with his son by picking up roadkill and dissecting it, which turned out to be a horrible thing later in his life. What we do with our kids at an early age can really mold them later on. I never thought it was bad to engage your child into hunting, but I'm not so sure now. I life in Cali so never went that route with my son, but kinda glad I didn't expose him to guns, hunting and field dressing. I would like to bird hunt with him when he gets older though.

It also seemed like his mom had some mental issues which may have really impacted his upbringing.

j21black

Reaction score
I got sick on the first episode and had to turn it off. What really hit me is that his dad was trying to connect with his son by picking up roadkill and dissecting it, which turned out to be a horrible thing later in his life. What we do with our kids at an early age can really mold them later on. I never thought it was bad to engage your child into hunting, but I'm not so sure now. I life in Cali so never went that route with my son, but kinda glad I didn't expose him to guns, hunting and field dressing. I would like to bird hunt with him when he gets older though.

It also seemed like his mom had some mental issues which may have really impacted his upbringing.
I grew up hunting, field dressing NA game, with guns around - Me, nor my brothers have morphed into gay serial killers that fry human butt cheeks in a frying pan yet....Nor have any of us tried to serve a human pulled pork sandwhich to any of our neighbors....

While I do agree - The roadkill stuff was weird, not something I'd do, but I don't think it had much to do with how he turned out - He was going to turn out messed up either way IMO.....

ETA: We even did our on "in house" processing until I was in my middle 20's - Killed a deer on a Friday afternoon, dad came and helped me load it up and said "Let's take him to the barn, get him hung up and in the freezer" Nope dad, I'm taking him to a processor - So up to that point in time, from 10 years old or so, I had been involved with processing hundreds of deer -

Last edited:

bk2drvr

Reaction score

His father in the movie admits to having thoughts of murdering people but never acted on it. I assume they got that info from his real father? Canā€™t imagine they made it up. Probably hereditary but Jeff took it to an extreme. 7 billion people on this planet and your bound to get some extreme behavior out of some people. Unavoidable I guess.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I grew up hunting, field dressing NA game, with guns around - Me, nor my brothers have morphed into gay serial killers that fry human butt cheeks in a frying pan yet....Nor have any of us tried to serve a human pulled pork sandwhich to any of our neighbors....

While I do agree - The roadkill stuff was weird, not something I'd do, but I don't think it had much to do with how he turned out - He was going to turn out messed up either way IMO.....
I'm with you on this. If hunting and field dressing game made kids into psychopaths, this country wouldn't have made it here. Into the late 1800's, that was going to the grocery store. There will always be humans that are just wired wrong.
For those that don't know this is the best part of the series...

If I'm not mistaken, I believe the inmate placed the broken mophandle elsewhere!

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
Trying to watch it. The homo shit is cringy........We keep finding something else to watch beyond episode 3.....
I agree. It is hard to watch. I can't put my finger on it. It isn't hard core but I don't want to watch some dude kiss another guys nipples. I think they focus way too much on hus sexual activities.

Last edited:

Roosky01

Reaction score
What we do with our kids at an early age can really mold them later on. I never thought it was bad to engage your child into hunting, but I'm not so sure now. I life in Cali so never went that route with my son, but kinda glad I didn't expose him to guns, hunting and field dressing. I would like to bird hunt with him when he gets older though
Iā€™m sorry, but this is about the most fukā€™d up comment Iā€™ve read in a whileā€¦.

COCA COLA COWBOY

Reaction score
His father in the movie admits to having thoughts of murdering people but never acted on it. I assume they got that info from his real father? Canā€™t imagine they made it up. Probably hereditary but Jeff took it to an extreme. 7 billion people on this planet and your bound to get some extreme behavior out of some people. Unavoidable I guess.

Yeah, I had to turn it off before getting too far so didn't see that part. Not going to lie, it freaked me out a bit and the childhood stuff scared me as I have a very impressionable, but very good, son.

Joe mama

Reaction score
When I was a kid in school we had to dissect a frog. It may have affected my buddy and I. We were walking around class with a pencil up the frogs watertight ass acting like it was a lollipop. It didnā€™t go over well with the teacher either. Lol

Mike K

Reaction score
Wow ā€¦ some off the wall stuff ā€¦ I helped my friend negotiate a purshase of a 40 Ford Woodie from Michael ā€¦ all normal ā€¦perfect human being .. so weird to learn differently from the movie.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
When I was a kid in school we had to dissect a frog. It may have affected my buddy and I. We were walking around class with a pencil up the frogs watertight ass acting like it was a lollipop. It didnā€™t go over well with the teacher either. Lol

I don't care who you are...

šŸ¤£šŸ¤£šŸ¤£

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Wow ā€¦ some off the wall stuff ā€¦ I helped my friend negotiate a purshase of a 40 Ford Woodie from Michael ā€¦ all normal ā€¦perfect human being .. so weird to learn differently from the movie.
Those "wagon" types I always thought were just a bit off camber...them, "retractables" and don't even mention "sportsman";)

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Do tell...

Xring01

Reaction score
Dudesā€¦
Shut the fuck up..

As I stated on another theard similar to this one.. Why I believe in the death penalty.

I have killed 10,000 plus white tails in my life,Thats not counting the Hogs,Wild Turkesy, Guines Coyotes, Amadillos, etc etc etc e

Killing for food,
Killing to protect your livestock..

Are not the SAME FUCKING THING AS KILLING FOR PLEASURE..

There is some stupid shit on this thread, some real fucking idiotsā€¦ who have no idea of what being a rancher entails..

I was born and raised in that world, Some of the comments above..PROVE YOUR IGNORANCE.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Dudesā€¦
Shut the fuck up..

As I stated on another theard similar to this one.. Why I believe in the death penalty.

I have killed 10,000 plus white tails in my life,Thats not counting the Hogs,Wild Turkesy, Guines Coyotes, Amadillos, etc etc etc e

Killing for food,
Killing to protect your livestock..

Are not the SAME FUCKING THING AS KILLING FOR PLEASURE..

There is some stupid shit on this thread, some real fucking idiotsā€¦ who have no idea of what being a rancher entails..

I was born and raised in that world, Some of the comments above..PROVE YOUR IGNORANCE.
So, you mean steaks don't grow on trees?
šŸ¤£
I have traps in the shed, and a rifle close. I live in an area called "Coyote Springs"...but haven't lost a single critter.
Neighbor lost 10 chickens last year to 'yotes.

Xring01

Reaction score
So, you mean steaks don't grow on trees?
šŸ¤£
I have traps in the shed, and a rifle close. I live in an area called "Coyote Springs"...but haven't lost a single critter.
Neighbor lost 10 chickens last year to 'yotes.
Dude,
All I can say..

When I left Ca, every one thought I was joking when I stated, ā€œI was tired of being surrounded by stupid, if I would have stayed much longer, I would have ended up in jail, self preservations kicked in, and I got the fuck outā€.

This thread.. highlights ā€œSTUPIDā€.

Fuckers just donā€™t get how stupid there posts truly areā€¦

Now watch all these wanna beeeeeessā€¦ figure out am I talking about themā€¦ can I edit my post yet???? Or what fuck ???

They dont know, because their paycheck has never been tied to the success of the thier crop/yearlings/calves/etc.

WAY TO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE A VOICE, WHO HAVE NO FUCKING CLUEā€¦..

riverroyal

Reaction score
Dude,
All I can say..

When I left Ca, every one thought I was joking when I stated, ā€œI was tired of being surrounded by stupid, if I would have stayed much longer, I would have ended up in jail, self preservations kicked in, and I got the fuck outā€.

This thread.. highlights ā€œSTUPIDā€.

Fuckers just donā€™t get how stupid there posts truly areā€¦

Now watch all these wanna beeeeeessā€¦ figure out am I talking about themā€¦ can I edit my post yet???? Or what fuck ???

They dont know, because their paycheck has never been tied to the success of the thier crop/yearlings/calves/etc.

WAY TO MANY FUCKING PEOPLE WHO HAVE A VOICE, WHO HAVE NO FUCKING CLUEā€¦..
Where did you move to?