WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dallas Courthouse Shooter

Status
Not open for further replies.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
6388347A-E992-424B-907A-0D1BD069B761.jpeg
Good work FPS on ending this attack quickly

To Rand Paul and all who question Bear Cat’s and Cops having .556 Semi auto rifles:
Exhibit A
You are welcome

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Shooting-Reported-Downtown-Dallas-511399661.html

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
damn, he had some supplies with him. Back at the North Hollywood shooting those guys had leg and arm armor on as well, crazy stuff, sniper head shot I guess is the option.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
damn, he had some supplies with him. Back at the North Hollywood shooting those guys had leg and arm armor on as well, crazy stuff, sniper head shot I guess is the option.

North Hollywood was ended by skipping .556 rounds off the ground under truck suspect with rifle was behind. His improvised leg kevlar wasn’t rifle grade protection.

Other suspect killed himself simultaneously as he took a 9mm from
A beretta 92 at a 78 foot shot from
a patrol Cop. Either way he was dead.

Still got to engage close most times, but having .556 helps penetrate most body armor, minus ballistic plates in the 10ring pouch of most carriers.

Yeah Rand Paul shut his piehole on the subject after two Federal Police saved his ass from the active shooter armed with a rifle at the softball game a few years back. He still hasn’t reversed his statements though.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am a believer that law enforcement should be equipped with the same supplies the "Bad Guys" have. An officer should never feel out gunned. For the most part, with equal equipment, LEO's training should shine at that point.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
View attachment 765328 Good work FPS on ending this attack quickly

To Rand Paul and all who question Bear Cat’s and Cops having .556 Semi auto rifles:
Exhibit A
You are welcome

https://www.nbcdfw.com/news/local/Shooting-Reported-Downtown-Dallas-511399661.html

That's quite an exaggeration, Paul never said Cops shouldn't have .556 semi auto-rifles, his concern was with them being given old and surplus fully automatic military weapons m16 and m14 rifles, tanks, and the turning of peace keeping police into essentially a branch of the military (in violation of constitutional principles, or more specifically the later passed Posse comitatus act).

What Paul said was: "“FEMA gave out 12,000 bayonets last year. That’s just stupid.” The Senator urged recently. “We are giving out mine-resistant ambush protection vehicles — 20-ton vehicles. Dundee, Michigan, a town of 3,000, has a 20-ton mine-resistant ambush protection vehicle. That’s ridiculous,”"

You can disagree with him on that, but he never said that Police shouldn't have semi automatic .556 rifles. (AR-15s)

Not Trying to start a political deal, i just want to clear that up, Rand is very pro LEO, he just believes it should not be the US military.

Last edited:

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I am a believer that law enforcement should be equipped with the same supplies the "Bad Guys" have. An officer should never feel out gunned. For the most part, with equal equipment, LEO's training should shine at that point.
I am of the mind set that the only thing Leo should be able to buy/ own that a regular citizen can not is thier Leo credentials.( badge/id/ etc)

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Well that works great in California... because you know... the criminals pay close attention to the laws and never break them.
Never they are always trying thier loves around while helping old ladies across the street

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I am of the mind set that the only thing Leo should be able to buy/ own that a regular citizen can not is thier Leo credentials.( badge/id/ etc)
I agree completely. I see no reason the laws are in place for tax stamps on autos, supressors or SBRs. Those that break laws, will always break laws. Plain and simple.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Probably one of the dumbest fucking things I have read on the internet.
Curious as to why you think so? I ask because I am of the mindset that people are people. There are good and bad in every group of humanity. What truly sets apart a police officer from a soldier, or a good man from a bad? The decisions in how one chooses to use or not use a weapon seems to be the defining line. A bad person will do bad things, regardless of the laws in place to keep them from doing them. I own some firearms that buy some would then be relegated to LEO or military use. I have no intentions of breaking laws. These days quite the opposite. I have become quite the "Law Abiding Citizen".

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That's quite an exaggeration, Paul never said Cops shouldn't have .556 semi auto-rifles, his concern was with them being given old and surplus fully automatic military weapons m16 and m14 rifles, tanks, and the turning of peace keeping police into essentially a branch of the military (in violation of constitutional principles, or more specifically the later passed Posse comitatus act).

What Paul said was: "“FEMA gave out 12,000 bayonets last year. That’s just stupid.” The Senator urged recently. “We are giving out mine-resistant ambush protection vehicles — 20-ton vehicles. Dundee, Michigan, a town of 3,000, has a 20-ton mine-resistant ambush protection vehicle. That’s ridiculous,”"

You can disagree with him on that, but he never said that Police shouldn't have semi automatic .556 rifles. (AR-15s)

Not Trying to start a political deal, i just want to clear that up, Rand is very pro LEO, he just believes it should not be the US military.

Um no
He has said in other interviews he is against Cops having rifles

Do you want to take on suspects with HK 91 .308’s with an Ithaca model 37 shotgun and 00’ Buck Racey? My co workers have,
It’s not a good place to be.

Number of select fire rifles issued by DRMO (surplus) to Ca. Cops: 0
NEVER HAPPENED
I stay in my LANE and discuss things I actually EXPERIENCE in my career, not hearsay.

I have a SWAT colleague that almost lost his leg knee down from a 762x39 round.
Had he been in a BEAR CAT that Rand coward Paul doesn’t want is to have, he wouldn’t have been hit

Maybe if you actually experienced violence and smelled cordite as you took fire in LA, you wouldn’t defend the misinformed coward Rand Paul is.
I’d say it to his face 24/7
He is supporting Cops get killed, period

And guess what, mine clearing vehicles stop rifle rounds

Please tell all of us how that infringes your freedom, ever?

LowRiver2

Reaction score

Rand Paul is an enemy to all Cops nationwide
His own life was saved by cops
One of the biggest hypocrites I’ve seen in office

Denounces those who saved his life

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Curious as to why you think so? I ask because I am of the mindset that people are people. There are good and bad in every group of humanity. What truly sets apart a police officer from a soldier, or a good man from a bad? The decisions in how one chooses to use or not use a weapon seems to be the defining line. A bad person will do bad things, regardless of the laws in place to keep them from doing them. I own some firearms that buy some would then be relegated to LEO or military use. I have no intentions of breaking laws. These days quite the opposite. I have become quite the "Law Abiding Citizen".

Cops are not paid to fight fair, neither is our military. This ain’t NASCAR.

There’s many differences that set leo/military apart from your average joe, or criminal. I should not need to outline the differences.

Now if you are speaking off duty, a LEO can’t walk into a store and purchase a FA M4. So I guess I really don’t know what advantage you think off duty leo has as far as weapons they can own.

Last edited:

LowRiver2

Reaction score
You are going too have to explain that one. As it was one of the founding principles of this great nation.

So I should take on suspects such as the North Hollywood Bank Robbers with muskets?
Noted
What is hour profession?
Pretty sure your safety equipment is up ro date, or do you prefer 100 year old technology?

See how that works?

No country for Old Men
But your spectator sideline opinions are entertaining, lol

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Rand Paul is an enemy to all Cops nationwide
His own life was saved by cops
One of the biggest hypocrites I’ve seen in office

Denounces those who saved his life

Sure. If you say sooooo.... :rolleyes:

Hullbilly

Reaction score
You are going too have to explain that one. As it was one of the founding principles of this great nation.

Lol it was? Perhaps we could delve into numerous factors of the constitution/bill of rights and spend months hypothesizing, intrepreting, and correcting for modern day, and scratching what is ignored from the line up

YB, you ever been in a gunfight?

Yellowboat

Reaction score

Now if you are speaking off duty, a LEO can’t walk into a store and purchase a FA M4. So I guess I really don’t know what advantage you think off duty leo has as far as weapons they can own.
So you are ok with cops being able to walk into a gun store in California and buy an off list hand gun( because you know the list is based off the sadness of the fire arms, it is really....) for his own personal use, but I can Not? How do you feel about 10 round mags?

Or let's say I hate guns, total liberal rabid anti gun person, but I want to be able to defend my family, I can not buy the same tazer the cops use? Cause you know, I would never want to have one that was not tested by the experts.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
Sure. If you say sooooo.... :rolleyes:

Facts aren’t say so

I don’t denounce Firefighters because their equipment “looks menacing”, after they put a fire out, but that’s just me

Yellowboat

Reaction score
So I should take on suspects such as the North Hollywood Bank Robbers with muskets?
Noted
What is hour profession?
Pretty sure your safety equipment is up ro date, or do you prefer 100 year old technology?

See how that works?

No country for Old Men
But your spectator sideline opinions are entertaining, lol
That's not what I said, but if a Leo can buy an ar15 for his own personal use at home so should i. This reminds me of animal farm, some animals are more equal then others

Backlash

Reaction score
What do you suggest we do with military surplus inventory that is no longer used in other countries? There is an ever-growing surplus of military grade vehicles that law enforcement personnel could use to their advantage to protect citizens AND officers. Why would you or anyone for that matter, NOT support the use of such a vehicle in your community???

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
So you are ok with cops being able to walk into a gun store in California and buy an off list hand gun( because you know the list is based off the sadness of the fire arms, it is really....) for his own personal use, but I can Not? How do you feel about 10 round mags?

Or let's say I hate guns, total liberal rabid anti gun person, but I want to be able to defend my family, I can not buy the same tazer the cops use? Cause you know, I would never want to have one that was not tested by the experts.
Yes I am 100% good with that. And tell us why you are against it again? Oh that's right... It's just not fair... Boo fucking whoo.. lol

LowRiver2

Reaction score
I’m always amazed the citizens of KY put up with that coward. His own neighbor gave him a beat down
Speaks volumes

t&y

t&y
Reaction score
What do you suggest we do with military surplus inventory that is no longer used in other countries? There is an ever-growing surplus of military grade vehicles that law enforcement personnel could use to their advantage to protect citizens AND officers. Why would you or anyone for that matter, NOT support the use of such a vehicle in your community???
Well obviously if we arrive on scene in an armor plated vehicle it's just not fair because Yellowboat can't go to Vons and load up the Bearcat.

Hullbilly

Reaction score

I think you are confusing state regulations with the 2A. 2 totally different things. And if you believe that 10 rounds in a hand gun is a huge advantage over 7.....Lol well that’s your opinion.

I feel fine about 10 rounds, I carry 13 or 7 depending on what I’m doing that day.

What cop carries a tazer OD? lol you are being obtuse for the sake of being obtuse

LowRiver2

Reaction score

God forbid we use MWRAPS to evacute school kids from an active shooter or school in the middle of a firefight between bank robbers and Cops

Oh, right, that “looks” menacing
#Blinderson
#WakeUP

Backlash

Reaction score
Man I have read some strange stuff in my day, but this thread is starting to take the cake.

Doesn't YB know that cops cant waltz into a gun store and buy an AR "Just cause they are cops?"

Yellowboat

Reaction score
It's not about fair, it's about giving the citizens the power to not be slaves.

I have some where around 200, 30 round ar15 mags, if I was still in .ca that would be the same number of felonys. Tell, me why it's bad I have them and not the ultra safe 10 rounders.

Also do you know since 2014 no hand guns can be added too the safe handgun list until they have microstampimg?

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Man I have read some strange stuff in my day, but this thread is starting to take the cake.

Doesn't YB know that cops cant waltz into a gun store and buy an AR "Just cause they are cops?"

No it's not that simple, but the fact that they can buy one and a non cop can not is an issue.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Well obviously if we arrive on scene in an armor plated vehicle it's just not fair because Yellowboat can't go to Vons and load up the Bearcat.

I guess you should strip the red n blues off your cruiser and tear out the whaler too...as he cant rock them either

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Um no
He has said in other interviews he is against Cops having rifles

Do you want to take on suspects with HK 91 .308’s with an Ithaca model 37 shotgun and 00’ Buck Racey? My co workers have,
It’s not a good place to be.

Number of select fire rifles issued by DRMO (surplus) to Ca. Cops: 0
NEVER HAPPENED
I stay in my LANE and discuss things I actually EXPERIENCE in my career, not hearsay.

I have a SWAT colleague that almost lost his leg knee down from a 762x39 round.
Had he been in a BEAR CAT that Rand coward Paul doesn’t want is to have, he wouldn’t have been hit

Maybe if you actually experienced violence and smelled cordite as you took fire in LA, you wouldn’t defend the misinformed coward Rand Paul is.
I’d say it to his face 24/7
He is supporting Cops get killed, period

And guess what, mine clearing vehicles stop rifle rounds

Please tell all of us how that infringes your freedom, ever?

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...given-free-machine-guns-and-grenade-launchers

LA Unified School Disctrict given 60 M16 rifles.... Gave back the grenade launchers though...

You show us where Rand said he is against cops having rifles.... Until then I'm considering what you are saying isn't just an exageration it's a flat out lie.

Go ahead and post it up, it shouldn't be hard to find, and i have never heard anything of the sort, ever.

I'm not gonna muddy up the Lounge with political shit, i don't think most of the people here come here to this So i'll step out here, and save it for the dungeon.

Backlash

Reaction score
Well I do agree with you on that. But keep in mind not all cops are gun freaks and many dont own AR's. Just saying.....

Hullbilly

Reaction score
No it's not that simple, but the fact that they can buy one and a non cop can not is an issue.

Write you local politicians son, that ain’t federal law. A smart man would even say you have a winnable lawsuit

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

Don't tell anyone... But I waltzed into Turners the other day and picked up my M4 Full auto with grenade launcher just because I could. They gave me a box of high cap mags and we all sang "Fuck the Public" while parading out the front door. Even had little party poppers and silly string..... such a hoot.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
That's not what I said, but if a Leo can buy an ar15 for his own personal use at home so should i. This reminds me of animal farm, some animals are more equal then others

You live in CA???!?

I get to buy 1 AR rifle I own for Work use.

1, not 2, not 20
You can buy a Mini 14 right now and you have the same platform
No Animal farm

Or move to AZ and buy all you want

You just lost your argument
Next

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Well I do agree with you on that. But keep in mind not all cops are gun freaks and many dont own AR's. Just saying.....

Of course not we have full auto M4’s, grenade launchers, flame throwers and tanks...Just ask YB:D

Yellowboat

Reaction score
I moved out of ca, one if the major reasons was the ability to buy guns that I wanted. All of you people in .ca that think limits on citizens owning guns, please stay in ca.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
You live in CA???!?

I get to buy 1 AR rifle I own for Work use.

1, not 2, not 20
You can buy a Mini 14 right now and you have the same platform
No Animal farm

Or move to AZ and buy all you want

You just lost your argument
Next
Might want to check your facts, you can buy a mini14, but not with any scary features.

LowRiver2

Reaction score
https://www.theguardian.com/world/2...given-free-machine-guns-and-grenade-launchers

LA Unified School Disctrict given 60 M16 rifles.... Gave back the grenade launchers though...

You show us where Rand said he is against cops having rifles.... Until then I'm considering what you are saying isn't just an exageration it's a flat out lie.

Go ahead and post it up, it shouldn't be hard to find, and i have never heard anything of the sort, ever.

I'm not gonna muddy up the Lounge with political shit, i don't think most of the people here come here to this So i'll step out here, and save it for the dungeon.

Step out and sit down is more like it. You are old, you don’t put your life on the line to save others , and you are out of touch.
Stay in your lane.
Do I post about your job or your boats and talk about stuff I have 0 experience with?
Nope
Take notes

Hullbilly

Reaction score
It's not about fair, it's about giving the citizens the power to not be slaves.

I have some where around 200, 30 round ar15 mags, if I was still in .ca that would be the same number of felonys. Tell, me why it's bad I have them and not the ultra safe 10 rounders.

Also do you know since 2014 no hand guns can be added too the safe handgun list until they have microstampimg?

Are you that fucking dense?

STATES Issue, take it up with Cali politicians.

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Don't tell anyone... But I waltzed into Turners the other day and picked up my M4 Full auto with grenade launcher just because I could. They gave me a box of high cap mags and we all sang "Fuck the Public" while parading out the front door. Even had little party poppers and silly string..... such a hoot.
Show me where I said anything about class 3 weapons? Oh and btw I have 3 tax stamps too my name thank you very much. Good luck doing that in ca

monkeyswrench

Reaction score

Hell, even in NASCAR, I believe that's where I heard the term, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't winning":)
I just don't believe in the separate guns for separate classes. Here in Az, it's not such a big deal. In Cali, there were handguns that were LEO only, and damn near every magazine I own would have been a felony there, unless you were a LEO.

Back to "Fair"....Best saying, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck". Be it a street fight in Watts, or a alley skirmish in Camelburpistan, fighting fair is not how you come home.
My arms are for the protection of my family, or to feed them. The sheriffs that protect this area are from a dispatch 20mi away.

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Step out and sit down is more like it. You are old, you don’t put your life on the line to save others , and you are out of touch.
Stay in your lane.
Do I post about your job or your boats and talk about stuff I have 0 experience with?
Nope
Take notes

Precisely why I asked YB if he has ever been in a gunfight.

I don’t tell nasa how to build rockets.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Stay in your lane.
Nope
Take notes

Still waiting for that link where Rand says cops shouldn't have rifles....

Hullbilly

Reaction score
Hell, even in NASCAR, I believe that's where I heard the term, "If you ain't cheatin', you ain't winning":)
I just don't believe in the separate guns for separate classes. Here in Az, it's not such a big deal. In Cali, there were handguns that were LEO only, and damn near every magazine I own would have been a felony there, unless you were a LEO.

Back to "Fair"....Best saying, "If you find yourself in a fair fight, your tactics suck". Be it a street fight in Watts, or a alley skirmish in Camelburpistan, fighting fair is not how you come home.
My arms are for the protection of my family, or to feed them. The sheriffs that protect this area are from a dispatch 20mi away.

Again as I pointed out to YB all y’alls issues are not hindered by the 2A. The politicians elected in the state of california are who should be fielding these questions and concerns of disparaging treatment

Yellowboat

Reaction score
Are you that fucking dense?

STATES Issue, take it up with Cali politicians.
Not just states, just take the huges amendmemt. Where is close the machine gun registry. Which has drastically inflated registered machine gun prices. It also made it so every new advancement in the last 30+ years is unavailable too the public. Since 1934 there have only been 2 violent crimes committed with registered machine gun, 1 was a federal leo, the other was a doctor. They both killed thier wives.

Status
Not open for further replies.