WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Damn Airlines!!

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Last week all the Major Airlines laid off Thousands of Employees = Pilots, Stewardesses, Ticket Agents and Luggage/Freight Handlers. I just despise the Airlines, when times are good they use every damn Excuse/Way to Money Grab from the average Flyer. Then when this Disaster happens instead of top Management taking a Cut or WTF maybe since it is their Job figure some cost cutting OTHER way than hurting these hard working Employees. The Insult to injury in this incredible Health Crisis they Cut out the Health Insurance.
There is no Trump Supporter stronger than I am , but the talk today was he was in favor of a Bailout Assistance Plan. SORRY NO!! let these Top Brass Eat Shit and take care of Their Companies.

This Virus Give Away is way out of control. maybe it is time let the Strong Survive. Where did all the $'s go during the past several Boom years?

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Last week all the Major Airlines laid off Thousands of Employees = Pilots, Stewardesses, Ticket Agents and Luggage/Freight Handlers. I just despise the Airlines, when times are good they use every damn Excuse/Way to Money Grab from the average Flyer. Then when this Disaster happens instead of top Management taking a Cut or WTF maybe since it is their Job figure some cost cutting OTHER way than hurting these hard working Employees. The Insult to injury in this incredible Health Crisis they Cut out the Health Insurance.
There is no Trump Supporter stronger than I am , but the talk today was he was in favor of a Bailout Assistance Plan. SORRY NO!! let these Top Brass Eat Shit and take care of Their Companies.

This Virus Give Away is way out of control. maybe it is time let the Strong Survive. Where did all the $'s go during the past several Boom years?

If you look at the profit returns they make about 2-4%, and many of them return profits as dividends to stockholders. That kind of profit doesn't give you 6-12 months of cash on hand too keep everyone on payroll twiddling their thumbs.

Flights are in the toilet because of Covid, and the airlines are MANDATED by law to flight certain routes, a certain number of times per day even if the plane only has one passenger on it. Per the DOT minimum service requirements.

As for the 'tick tacking' of fees, it's mainly budget airlines, and they are a great deal for people who can travel without trying to stuff a steam trunk in the overhead, and even if you add on all the extras are still cheaper than buying a full price ticket on Southwest or American, etc. Hard to complain about paying $40 for a bag when the ticket from Vegas to Orlando is only $79.....

The cost of air travel is way lower today than it was 10, 20, 30 years ago, Unfortunately the class of the average traveler has as well... 😂

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
^^^ in addition, airlines are a capital-intensive industry.

Airplanes ain’t cheap to buy, maintain, or operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
^^^ in addition, airlines are a capital-intensive industry.

Airplanes ain’t cheap to buy, maintain, or operate.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Or park when you aren't flying them 😂

Looking Glass

Reaction score
If you look at the profit returns they make about 2-4%, and many of them return profits as dividends to stockholders. That kind of profit doesn't give you 6-12 months of cash on hand too keep everyone on payroll twiddling their thumbs.

Flights are in the toilet because of Covid, and the airlines are MANDATED by law to flight certain routes, a certain number of times per day even if the plane only has one passenger on it. Per the DOT minimum service requirements.

As for the 'tick tacking' of fees, it's mainly budget airlines, and they are a great deal for people who can travel without trying to stuff a steam trunk in the overhead, and even if you add on all the extras are still cheaper than buying a full price ticket on Southwest or American, etc. Hard to complain about paying $40 for a bag when the ticket from Vegas to Orlando is only $79.....

The cost of air travel is way lower today than it was 10, 20, 30 years ago, Unfortunately the class of the average traveler has as well... 😂

Well, it might Not be the Bailouts, but how the "GOV" manages them. I am of the belief that you need to run your business differently if there is NOT funds to cover unexpected shit happening. The "Top Brass" of the airlines never take a cut, it is always the poor employees or US bailing them out. Every Large City they Fly into gives these Carriers all kinds of Incentives and Perks. This "VIRUS" has hurt them very severly, but things will rebound and IMO people are Ready to Hit The Road (OR SKY)

I guess all these Pandemic Give- Aways is a sore subject with me and was handled about as pooly as could possibly have been.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
Well, it might Not be the Bailouts, but how the "GOV" manages them. I am of the belief that you need to run your business differently if there is NOT funds to cover unexpected shit happening. The "Top Brass" of the airlines never take a cut, it is always the poor employees or US bailing them out. Every Large City they Fly into gives these Carriers all kinds of Incentives and Perks. This "VIRUS" has hurt them very severly, but things will rebound and IMO people are Ready to Hit The Road (OR SKY)

I guess all these Pandemic Give- Aways is a sore subject with me and was handled about as pooly as could possibly have been.

I find it ODD that Southwest,Jet Blue, and Allegiant all seem to be just fine. The BIG FAT AIRLINS with their Management from Hell are all the ones "Sucking Air".🤔

Universal Elements

Reaction score
I find it ODD that Southwest,Jet Blue, and Allegiant all seem to be just fine. The BIG FAT AIRLINS with their Management from Hell are all the ones "Sucking Air".🤔

You’re incorrect. Southwest is not doing fine their top management is taking 20% pay cuts and their CEO Kelly, is not taking a salary at all till 2022. They’re going to ask the unions to cut salaries to in order not to lay off people. Every hour that an aircraft sits on the ground and it’s not flying it’s about $15,000 an hour. That’s a whole lot of money that is parked in a desert and other places.

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score

Pretty hard to consider it a bailout when the government comes in and tells you to shut the doors, a bailout is when you have mis-managed shit. Pretty hard for almost any small business to have funds for payroll, rent, insurance, for having your doors locked for 2 or 3 months out of the blue.

They were handled well for the people i know that needed them, saved them from firing hundreds of employees and possibly losing their businesses while being completely closed for 3 months. Businesses that rely on large cashflow and small margins like restaurants, hundreds of employees of businesses of friends, those people that were able to keep a paycheck and a job while they were forced out of work would disagree.

There was definitely abuse of them, those people will end up paying the piper in the end, like the dumbasses that bought Lamborghinis.

It was a fucked situation all around.

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
As long as the government (at any level) is running a program where money can be obtained by a business during a down time there will be businesses lined up to try to get the bucks. Human nature. Business is business. They find some program offering cash, they gonna put some people on task to get it.
Government isn't good at setting these programs up, or creating guidelines to administer them, or monitoring the program once it is rolling.
Hell look at Californias EED debacle. 7,000,000 accounts frozen due to suspected fraud is what I heard this morning.
27 investigators to work the cases.
They are admitting they rely on local law enforcement and other state agencies to "help" with the workload, and the state legislature and local governments are looking to cut LEO agency funding.
Fraud on a epic scale being committed on one hand, and destroying the ability to investigate or prosecute it on the other. Sounds like...well sounds like we are screwed.
Money going out the door by the truckload.
Every administrator in that department needs to be investigated for negligence. Most need to be fired on the spot.

And you look at the ballot and every time it is packed with scam propositions to give the state more money.
I am sorry, but until they can get their shit together and administer the tax revenue they are already getting, it is patently insane to give the state another dime to fritter away. It is insane, yet we have people here on RDP who defend these money grabs under the guise of "fairness" and "helping" people every day. I don't get it.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting different results.