WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Damn Dam Not-a-Run

JFMFG

Reaction score
Cops suck.
Let’s have a little more respect than that. Do you really think they want to be out watching this shit. Their orders come from above and they’re just following directions. They just want everyone to be safe.

Reactions: DWC

Good Stuff

Reaction score
Let’s have a little more respect than that. Do you really think they want to be out watching this shit. Their orders come from above and they’re just following directions. They just want everyone to be safe.
They probably had a great time cruising the canyon. It’s an awesome stretch of water. You have to wonder who in here made sure to tell them about it though. Such crap that someone would want so badly to bootlick over a simple hangout with friends day. Maybe they got left out of a shirt order 10 years ago. 🤣

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
No problems with that. The issue was the attitude.

Joker

Reaction score
The cops on Mohave do suck. I’m not sure who was harassing you guys, Nevada or Arizona. I haven’t launched out of Katherines since our incident years ago with those fucktards.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Maybe they are driving around to see hull numbers so they can report back to the IRS .

• Haha
Reactions: DWC

MooreMoney

Reaction score
This isn’t a formal event…. This reminds me of hanging in the channel and a few boats say let’s run to pirates for lunch. That’s about how organized it is. When I went twice on the run it was only a handful of boats running north. Literally zero other boats out there. I was always surprised with how little traffic was north of the lake.

Why do cops ruin everything. I can see them out there trying to give tickets out.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Formal or just a run .
Difference would it be what?

Last edited:

Riley1

Reaction score
The best water I’ve ever had on Lake Mohave. Glass both ways through the Basin. I little bit of cloud cover kept the Bimini down all day. Actually got a little cold when running north of Willow.
265B635F-720E-4EDA-ACCE-705582BFE350.jpeg
D22A02F1-CFCC-419D-8EB4-2BA3682A17B6.jpeg
D701A4BA-B132-48E2-8B40-31A5EBB978B4.jpeg

Attachments

• 43E3618F-B997-4136-8B19-DD73231A3897.jpeg
    43E3618F-B997-4136-8B19-DD73231A3897.jpeg
    518.8 KB · Views: 27

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Not me, I’m a law abiding American, but one of those other trouble makers in that “group” were violating something for sure 😂
Did I just hear them say you were in violation of something?
Could hear the cop saying his(not Vic) vessel registration numbers were in violation.
That's nit pickin just so the leo can justify his paycheck since nobody was actually doing anything wrong/illegal.
Big brother monitoring the web and making sure families gathering for a fun day have perfect AZ numbers but turn a blind eye to the gathering of "peaceful protesters". Got it😉😏

Joker

Reaction score
Thanks for the videos and pictures. Looks like the weather cooperated

Mrs. Riley1

Reaction score
The best water and weather we’ve ever had! We got some rain above Willow, but it only lasted a few minutes. The cloud cover kept the temps down and there was no wind so the water was perfect!
We had storms building on both sides of the lake in the afternoon but a strip of blue sky over us the whole way back.
8A53C530-A6F1-4F3C-944A-D39CFA8E6E45.jpeg

These next two pictures are in the basin at 3 in the afternoon. Stephen was ready to throw on a ski!
FDE63C29-1359-4E5B-9F65-0C423B6281B5.jpeg
B9A6B790-909D-4F91-97D2-57C07584C2D7.jpeg

DarkHorseRacing

Reaction score
The best water and weather we’ve ever had! We got some rain above Willow, but it only lasted a few minutes. The cloud cover kept the temps down and there was no wind so the water was perfect!
We had storms building on both sides of the lake in the afternoon but a strip of blue sky over us the whole way back.
View attachment 1146027
These next two pictures are in the basin at 3 in the afternoon. Stephen was ready to throw on a ski!
View attachment 1146028 View attachment 1146029
That’s pretty much the way it was last year when I did my own dam run late July. It was phenomenal water in the basin. Could have skied for hours and never a wave.

Then I hear stories about rollers and whitecaps. I guess that can happen any time, just like Havasu above the channel.

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
Wow ! You guys had perfect weather and water . I went one year and it was 128* ! Another time the water from Cottonwood to Katherine’s was like 4Ft rollers all the way . Another time time I got pulled into Cottonwood for a friendly OUI “ contact “ But it’s always been so much fun and totally worth it .

Joker

Reaction score
Wow ! You guys had perfect weather and water . I went one year and it was 128* ! Another time the water from Cottonwood to Katherine’s was like 4Ft rollers all the way . Another time time I got pulled into Cottonwood for a friendly OUI “ contact “ But it’s always been so much fun and totally worth it .
That was for your loud exhaust correct?

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
That was for your loud exhaust correct?
Lol , that was another time . It was for 1.5db over the limit . I even have IMCO Gatlin mufflers . I even got pulled over on Mojave at gunpoint , a long time ago , because my boat matched a stolen boat . I’ve said it before , I have never been. “ contacted “ more by LEO than I have been at Havasu , Mojave and Mead .

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
We were the boat that had a mandatory water safety inspection at the Hoover dam buoy line. It became clear quickly that this was a prearranged contact for our group of friends. One of the park rangers made the comment before the inspection that our numbers need to be better defined, but it's total BS as our numbers couldn't be easier to read and see. The park rangers were courteous and to the point and found nothing they could cite us for. They did make the comment that Lake Havasu is the wild wild west and full of out of control partiers and that don't allow that in the Lake Mead recreation area.

We had a great time as always thanks to Mr. and Mrs Riley! Everyone that didn't come this weekend missed out on an epic weekend! Can't wait for next year!

HALLETT BOY

Reaction score
We were the boat that had a mandatory water safety inspection at the Hoover dam buoy line. It became clear quickly that this was a prearranged contact for our group of friends. One of the park rangers made the comment before the inspection that our numbers need to be better defined, but it's total BS as our numbers couldn't be easier to read and see. The park rangers were courteous and to the point and found nothing they could cite us for. They did make the comment that Lake Havasu is the wild wild west and full of out of control partiers and that don't allow that in the Lake Mead recreation area.

We had a great time as always thanks to Mr. and Mrs Riley! Everyone that didn't come this weekend missed out on an epic weekend! Can't wait for next year!
A “ Safety “ inspection at the Dam buoy line ?
One year at Cottonwood, I said : No Thank You to a cop on jet ski to an OUI stop , you should’ve seen them run !

DWC

Reaction score
A “ Safety “ inspection at the Dam buoy line ?
One year at Cottonwood, I said : No Thank You to a cop on jet ski to an OUI stop , you should’ve seen them run !
😬. What did they do?

Racer56

Jukebox Hero
Reaction score
Was great to finally meet everyone. The weather was perfect. Thank you to Mr and Mrs Riley for dinner both nights. 👍🏻👍🏻 The wife has all the photos I’ll post then and the videos once I get them from her.
It was great meeting you and your wife. Hopefully we can hangout again soon!

Riley1

Reaction score
For the Lake Mead Ranger troll. I created a special thread just for you. Maybe try doing a better and more honest job!

04-24Stealth

Reaction score

Quick collection of the videos from Saturday. Free editing apps have terrible music selection.

D19

Reaction score
The cops on Mohave do suck. I’m not sure who was harassing you guys, Nevada or Arizona. I haven’t launched out of Katherines since our incident years ago with those fucktards.

SB Sheriff pulled me over on the river earlier this summer for having expired CA tags. I told the LEO that I have current AZ tags and to please take another look. :)

Rather than apologize, he gave me a lecture about placement. LOL

Some cops are really cool but some...ah, not so much.

Joker

Reaction score
SB Sheriff pulled me over on the river earlier this summer for having expired CA tags. I told the LEO that I have current AZ tags and to please take another look. :)

Rather than apologize, he gave me a lecture about placement. LOL

Some cops are really cool but some...ah, not so much.
Above the waterline is preferred😁

Reactions: D19