WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Damn Neighbors

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Rude neighbors suck ass. Anything you do now days is considered confrontational or aggressive and in CA you end up hanging yourself.

Next time call 911, say you heard shots fired and screams at that address.

Nothing wrong with misconstruing loud sound effects from their "music playing device" as an actual threat.....:D

Nordie

Reaction score
Rude neighbors suck ass. Anything you do now days is considered confrontational or aggressive and in CA you end up hanging yourself.

Next time call 911, say you heard shots fired and screams at that address.

Nothing wrong with misconstruing loud sound effects from their "music playing device" as an actual threat.....:D

Good thing I'm not in commiefornia...I could probably sue for cutting my knee on their side of the wall. (The previous sentence is a joke btw).

checkrd past

Reaction score
I guess I am getting old, but my neighbors behind me decided to throw a party. They throw about 4 a year. Anyhow they had the music fucking cranking last night, I said oh well its not 10 pm, but I can tell my wife was getting irritated. Wel I fell asleep around 10 and woke up at 2am because the music was even louder.

I go and grab my 4 foot ladder to look over the wall, and the fucking people are sitting inside with their door shut, and they got this bluetooth boom box thing just blaring. I try to get their attention by using a flashlight shinning it in some random dudes face, but that didn't work.

Now I am about to grab my pistol and shoot this fucking monstrosity, but my wife talked me out of that. So at about 2:15 I said fuck it, set my pistol on top of the wall, and hop the wall. I unplugged this loud mariachi music blaring thing and it keeps playing, finally find the power button and shut it off. I know they saw me hop back over the wall.

Now I feel like being a dick and banging on their door super early and cursing them out, or should I leave an anonymous note telling them next time I am going to smash their mariachi machine with a sledgehammer.

And I cut the shit out of my knee jumping the wall, so it pisses me off more.

After 10:00 PM you call the cops unless you live in the ghetto ,than that's normal

gqchris

Reaction score
You guys do know that Cali cops could give a half shit about loud music right? Good luck with that. I think the situation was handled and dealt with. Done deal.

Its so fucked up in this state, they barely respond to injury calls.

Cant blame them, they bust their ass to get a shithead off the street and locked up and he is out in 3 hours.

Call the cops.....lol. Dont hold your breath on that one!

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I guess you wouldn't want to be RD's neighbor....I honestly think you need to chill.

Get-Off-My-Lawn-Meme-Funny-Image-Photo-Joke-04.jpg

78Southwind

Reaction score
Most of his backyard touches my backyard and his property is elevated in comparison to mine. The bass was making my house thump, and with it being elevated it seems the sound resonates under my patio cover.

I'm not trying to justify my decision, but something had to be done. No confrontation happened, I think I'll just look over the wall again when I hear all the beer bottles clanking from clean up.

Also they had leftover carne asada on the grill, what kind of person leaves carne on the grill.

Next time bring over some Tecate, head to the backyard like you're one of their compadres, turn the speaker off and finish off the carne asada. Sounds like a win - win for everyone...:D

checkrd past

Reaction score
Forget the gun, stay off their property as you will be the person in trouble and it is not worth it. Talk to your other neighbors around you and see if they are as pissed as you currently (you have a right to be pissed). If the other neighbors are pissed, make a plan for all of those neighbors to call the police next time. This means you exchange phone numbers, next time call each other, after which all of you call the police and report. Police will come out with multiple calls.

This is exactly how our neighbors handled that one family in every neighborhood has.with ant form oh noise, all would call at 10:00 pm sharp to the cops and they would be there in minutes.And this was to the police instruction.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...It’s starting to sound like my family home of 69 years is turning into a Garden Spot...I call it El Barrio Noho...it’s been pretty quiet lately..:
... Some of it has to do with the California law signed in by Governor Brown about accessory dwelling units ..,so now garage conversions are legal and a thousand sq ft garage conversion is renting from $32-$3500 a month so it brings in a better caliber of people... Of course there is zero parking in the neighborhood???..
...told my little buddy next-door if she has a party no Tubas...so far so good...

Carlson-jet

Not Giving A Fuck Is An Art
Reaction score
I have a neighbor like that but they always offer an invite beforehand. The food and cocktails would have me hopping over the fence to partake in the festivities. They get the best tequila made by the case.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
We have a horrible neighbor. Has 6 restraining orders against him that have been renewed on time for the past 11 years.
Not allowed to see his kids in any way. No contact whatsoever.
Lost his bus driving job on the strength of those restraining orders. But that's another story.

The entire neighborhood is one incident away from more restraining orders.
I inter-act with the guy by, as RD's mom would say it, being above it.
I act aloof at his wack-o statements and petty jealousy. Act blind to all the stupid shit that asshole does.
It works.

"He's living in the hell that he created" as one neighbor describes him.

Stay above it don't let it go to the next level.

HBCraig

Reaction score
You know, I am all for a party If the idiot mom and her asshat kids would be respectful i could care less Even better, come over and say " hey neighbor, we are having a party and it could get a but loud, we domt want to offend you but just wanted to let you know." I would say cool and turn on the house fan and shut the windows. No problem.

But, when a few of the teenagers think it's funny to throw trash in neighboring backyards that's where is stops.

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
This is funny to me. I live in the Keys. Every weekend there are new groups of renters that party like they just discovered alcohol. Obviously you know what you’re getting into when you buy here. The home owners in here that complain and get all upset are ridiculous. If they wanted a retirement community they should have gone to Sun City or Leisure World. I just turn the tv up louder and fall asleep to it. I’ve never called the cops. I’ve never gone outside to yell at anyone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nordie

Reaction score
This is funny to me. I live in the Keys. Every weekend there are new groups of renters that party like they just discovered alcohol. Obviously you know what you’re getting into when you buy here. The home owners in here that complain and get all upset are ridiculous. If they wanted a retirement community they should have gone to Sun City or Leisure World. I just turn the tv up louder and fall asleep to it. I’ve never called the cops. I’ve never gone outside to yell at anyone.

If I lived somewhere like that, I would feel the same as you knowing I signed myself up for that.

Reaction score
I guess I am getting old, but my neighbors behind me decided to throw a party. They throw about 4 a year. Anyhow they had the music fucking cranking last night, I said oh well its not 10 pm, but I can tell my wife was getting irritated. Wel I fell asleep around 10 and woke up at 2am because the music was even louder.

I go and grab my 4 foot ladder to look over the wall, and the fucking people are sitting inside with their door shut, and they got this bluetooth boom box thing just blaring. I try to get their attention by using a flashlight shinning it in some random dudes face, but that didn't work.

Now I am about to grab my pistol and shoot this fucking monstrosity, but my wife talked me out of that. So at about 2:15 I said fuck it, set my pistol on top of the wall, and hop the wall. I unplugged this loud mariachi music blaring thing and it keeps playing, finally find the power button and shut it off. I know they saw me hop back over the wall.

Now I feel like being a dick and banging on their door super early and cursing them out, or should I leave an anonymous note telling them next time I am going to smash their mariachi machine with a sledgehammer.

Don't get made, get even.

First get up early at 5:30 am, and start your lawnmower in the back yard, and let it run in the same spot, until it runs out of gas. In the mean time, go have breakfast at village Inn. When you get back, start the gas powered leaf blower, and run it for an hour. Top off the mower with gas, and repeat until about 11am.

JayBreww

Reaction score
Don't get made, get even.

First get up early at 5:30 am, and start your lawnmower in the back yard, and let it run in the same spot, until it runs out of gas. In the mean time, go have breakfast at village Inn. When you get back, start the gas powered leaf blower, and run it for an hour. Top off the mower with gas, and repeat until about 11am.

Why? To now piss off yore other neighbors that probably had the some complaints and hard sleep as you the night before?
Go drive your happy self to the house, knock on the door and talk it out like civilized human beings.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Putting your gun on the wall for protection, then jumping over the wall ( trespassing ) to turn off some music at a house that has drunk people in it that are still up? You are not very smart and lucky you are able to post about it.

I get you are upset but I don't see any reason why you wouldn't just go and knock on the door even if you have to drive your car around the corner?

If they would have shot and killed you, they would have been in the right. You had a gun with you for crying out loud. I get that it was on the wall but you still brought it and the cops would have found it.

You need to chill dude.

Two wrongs don't make a right, but your wrong could have gotten you killed. And they would have done no jail time for it. All over some loud music.

Nordie

Reaction score
Was just at the neighbors, rang the doorbell, the guy walked right by and kept walking. He has the same model house as me real tall windows on each side of the door. Guess I'll try again another time.

Nordie

Reaction score
Well the mariachi music is on full tilt again tonight. Wonder if I should address it now while they're still outside and soberish.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Well the mariachi music is on full tilt again tonight. Wonder if I should address it now while they're still outside and soberish.
... Don’t know where you live but in the San Fernando Valley the LAPD generally shows up fairly quickly...
...If the PD has to come out twice they take the offenders stereo equipment away...
...It is obvious these people have zero respect for their neighbors...
...From what I understand in the depths of Mexico it is a battle of the bands all night every night???...

Nordie

Reaction score
... Don’t know where you live but in the San Fernando Valley the LAPD generally shows up fairly quickly...
...If the PD has to come out twice they take the offenders stereo equipment away...
...From what I understand in the depths of Mexico it is a battle of the bands all night every night???...

Don't live in California, I'm in N Las Vegas

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Don't live in California, I'm in N Las Vegas
Whatever the case, be smart and be careful.
Had deputies at my house on a couple of Christmas Eve's over the years. Family drama....

cakemoto

Reaction score
Not foothill division. Call them they come next day. I been at parties throughout the San Fernando Valley and Burbank never once had the cops do anything besides a turn down the music and if they get called again they’re going to come back around and kick everyone out.born and raised sunland/la tuna cyn

Riverbottom

Reaction score

I was just thinking the same thing. I live between two party houses most weekends. Rap music on the river side of me, and country on the inland side of me. Both are great neighbors, I figure it is not worth getting up set over a few days a year.

River Runnin

Reaction score
Portable Air Tank, Train Horn, and 2-3-4 AM Wake the fuck up blasts!! ;)

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Not foothill division. Call them they come next day. I been at parties throughout the San Fernando Valley and Burbank never once had the cops do anything besides a turn down the music and if they get called again they’re going to come back around and kick everyone out.born and raised sunland/la tuna cyn
Yeah.... Jake is right here. No way in hell the PoPo are taking stereo equipment for noise complaints. That might have happened way back in the day but no way now. The MOST that will happen is a ticket for the residents of the house during the same evening. Got close to getting one a couple times in Burbank. One time the cop was really cool and came down the driveway of my parents house to the gate and just let us know that they got a complaint but they couldn't even hear us on the street so nothing to worry about.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

Nordie

Reaction score
I wonder what they have planned for NYE....

You fucker....

Honestly New Years is a whole different animal, you know what to expect. I'll be hearing gun shots from all of the idiots shooting their guns in the air as well.

What's funny about the mariachi music is this household is not of hispanic type. When I asked him to lower it last night he was blaring Disturbed, the time my wife asked them to lower it, it was Michael Jackson.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
Yeah.... Jake is right here. No way in hell the PoPo are taking stereo equipment for noise complaints. That might have happened way back in the day but no way now. The MOST that will happen is a ticket for the residents of the house during the same evening. Got close to getting one a couple times in Burbank. One time the cop was really cool and came down the driveway of my parents house to the gate and just let us know that they got a complaint but they couldn't even hear us on the street so nothing to worry about.

..:people across the street from me had their stereo equipment taken but it was 15 to 20 years ago so I don’t really know what they do now...

t&y

t&y
Reaction score

HOLY ShiT… do we have the same neighbors. My retards will face their speaker straight back, then there will be about two of them in the backyard with the shit loud enough for me to hear inside. I'm sure their neighbors hate their guts, pretty much like the rest of us do.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score

...Just talked to LAPD friend...No Ho div...and he said they can still confiscate equipment...it doesn’t even have to be on the second call...said there are some variables as to when they will..:

Nordie

Reaction score
HOLY ShiT… do we have the same neighbors. My retards will face their speaker straight back, then there will be about two of them in the backyard with the shit loud enough for me to hear inside. I'm sure their neighbors hate their guts, pretty much like the rest of us do.

Yeah we do, the master bedroom is closest to their backyard, the walls literally fucking rattle.

Willie B

aberrant member
Reaction score
...I spoke too soon 21-year-old younger brother of the neighbor has decided extremely loud Mexican language music is the appropriate music for raking leaves..:I guess it works for him...
...What am I going to do...going to turn the TV up a little...

Royally PO'd

Reaction score
Nordie, you got away with doing what it took . You could have set up the "ma deuce", and Pumped a couple a hundred rounds over that way, and took out the neighborhood, but you didn't. That shows discipline.:D