WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Damn Neighbors

Nordie

Reaction score
I guess I am getting old, but my neighbors behind me decided to throw a party. They throw about 4 a year. Anyhow they had the music fucking cranking last night, I said oh well its not 10 pm, but I can tell my wife was getting irritated. Wel I fell asleep around 10 and woke up at 2am because the music was even louder.

I go and grab my 4 foot ladder to look over the wall, and the fucking people are sitting inside with their door shut, and they got this bluetooth boom box thing just blaring. I try to get their attention by using a flashlight shinning it in some random dudes face, but that didn't work.

Now I am about to grab my pistol and shoot this fucking monstrosity, but my wife talked me out of that. So at about 2:15 I said fuck it, set my pistol on top of the wall, and hop the wall. I unplugged this loud mariachi music blaring thing and it keeps playing, finally find the power button and shut it off. I know they saw me hop back over the wall.

Now I feel like being a dick and banging on their door super early and cursing them out, or should I leave an anonymous note telling them next time I am going to smash their mariachi machine with a sledgehammer.

And I cut the shit out of my knee jumping the wall, so it pisses me off more.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I guess I am getting old, but my neighbors behind me decided to throw a party. They throw about 4 a year. Anyhow they had the music fucking cranking last night, I said oh well its not 10 pm, but I can tell my wife was getting irritated. Wel I fell asleep around 10 and woke up at 2am because the music was even louder.

I go and grab my 4 foot ladder to look over the wall, and the fucking people are sitting inside with their door shut, and they got this bluetooth boom box thing just blaring. I try to get their attention by using a flashlight shinning it in some random dudes face, but that didn't work.

Now I am about to grab my pistol and shoot this fucking monstrosity, but my wife talked me out of that. So at about 2:15 I said fuck it, set my pistol on top of the wall, and hop the wall. I unplugged this loud mariachi music blaring thing and it keeps playing, finally find the power button and shut it off. I know they saw me hop back over the wall.

Now I feel like being a dick and banging on their door super early and cursing them out, or should I leave an anonymous note telling them next time I am going to smash their mariachi machine with a sledgehammer.

And I cut the shit out of my knee jumping the wall, so it pisses me off more.
"set my pistol on top of the wall" . . . trespassing . . . ummm maybe next time just call the police? And people wonder how violence/murders happen at 2 am at house parties? SMH

Nordie

Reaction score
"set my pistol on top of the wall" . . . trespassing . . . ummm maybe next time just call the police? And people wonder how violence/murders happen at 2 am at house parties? SMH

I set it there for my protection, I don't want to deal with a bunch of drunks. Also where I live the call goes to the bottom of the chain. When my house got robbed it took the police over 8 hours to come to my house. Think calling the police was going to do any good?

Not like I carried a gun on their property, sure I trespassed, but the end result the music stopped with zero confrontation.

steak&lobster

aka rclvlhc
Reaction score
I set it there for my protection, I don't want to deal with a bunch of drunks. Also where I live the call goes to the bottom of the chain. When my house got robbed it took the police over 8 hours to come to my house. Think calling the police was going to do any good?

Not like I carried a gun on their property, sure I trespassed, but the end result the music stopped with zero confrontation.
I'm glad it worked out for you. . . this time. Just remember people are crazy and you by yourself in their yard and then running to grab your gun. . .I don't like those odds. Just saying

Nordie

Reaction score
I'm glad it worked out for you. . . this time. Just remember people are crazy and you by yourself in their yard and then running to grab your gun. . .I don't like those odds. Just saying

I get what you're saying...we have yelled at them before at 11 or midnight to quiet it down and they have done well, but this morning was out of control. Sleep deprived with banging mariachi music will make you do some crazy shit, like jump a wall and unplug a fucking speaker.

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
What good is a pistol going to do sitting on top of brick wall several feet away?

Good thing nothing happened, you might be getting grumpier but not any wiser.

Nordie

Reaction score
What good is a pistol going to do sitting on top of brick wall several feet away?

Good thing nothing happened, you might be getting grumpier but not any wiser.

See the situation was assessed, their yard is about 12 feet deep, and they had closed doors. If the door was open or they were outside this would have been handled differently.

Nordie

Reaction score

I have this one, because I thought about that too, but I don't think a .177 is going to do anything.
Screenshot_20191222-084652_Chrome.jpg

2Driver

Reaction score
New Room mate: Im doing 20-life for drug trafficking and 2 murders. What are you, in for?
You: Long story

Nordie

Reaction score
Why not ring the door bell and ask if they can turn off the outside music? Seems like a lot of illegal actions to take going the other route

It ended perfectly. I thought about that too, but it's a drive not a quick walk. Normally I was able to get their attention to knock it off...this time I couldn't get their attention.

I didn't damage any property

SoCalDave

Reaction score
LOL. Had a similar situation once with my neighbor when we lived in the Barrio. Partying until 2am with music blasting and only him and his buddy around the fire pit trying to have a conversation over the blasting Mexican music. Finally turned it off around 3am, at exactly 6am I got my lawnmower out, took off the muffler and parked it next to his bedroom window. Tied the throttle wide open and started it up...that fuker was loud. He came out about few minutes later looking over the fence at me and I looked at him and yelled "Time to get up, there's work to get done!"
The look on his face was priceless. :D

Last edited:

Nordie

Reaction score
If you broke their window I'm sure they would've turned down the music to figure out what happened :D:D:D:D
I honestly was looking for like a nerf ball or something to try and get their attention. I didn't want to break any windows, cause I thought about maybe a rock or something and thought better of it.

Havasu blue label

Reaction score
Ok you need a pistol for your protection do you live in the states merry Christmas

calkid

Reaction score
Have the wife call police and report a prowler at the neighbor behind you. You go over the wall and turn off the music. If the Neighbors catch you tell them the prowler story, that you tried to get their attention but the music was too loud. You're now their friend, good neighbor. Police show up at their house two hours later and wake them up.

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
Could you have gotten a super soaker or some other quiet water shooting device and discreetly hosed the speaker down? It may not have functioned very long after getting wet.

One alternative is an LRAD. I’ve seriously considered buying one for the fucks at Glamis who think everybody else wants to hear their music all night.

Nordie

Reaction score
Could you have gotten a super soaker or some other quiet water shooting device and discreetly hosed the speaker down? It may not have functioned very long after getting wet.

One alternative is an LRAD. I’ve seriously considered buying one for the fucks at Glamis who think everybody else wants to hear their music all night.

My wife said to spray water, but I don't have a long enough hose in the backyard. I'll probably go over and talk to him today and let him know that wasn't cool, and pretty fucking rude.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
I think you need to wake them up with a little "Americana" Start off with Hendrix, and the National Anthem, and then proceed to some a little more "cultural", for this, I'd suggest a pairing of Hank Sr. And maybe something from an 80's hairband...Twisted Sister maybe?

I had two very distinct sides of my family...the Laguna Beach white folk, and the Bassett circus music vetranos. With the Bassett/LaPuente family get togethers, we were out by 9. Usually found out the next day a fight broke out, or worse, sometime after 10...Good Times!

Wizard29

43' Eliminator
Reaction score
My wife said to spray water, but I don't have a long enough hose in the backyard. I'll probably go over and talk to him today and let him know that wasn't cool, and pretty fucking rude.

Always a tough call on that. You can go talk to someone about an incident like that and they will probably be apologetic and say it won’t happen again. But often it will and then if you do something about it like hose the speaker down, they have a pretty good idea it was you.

There’s a shithead at Glamis named Nick. I can almost guarantee there’s someone here that knows him. Hangs out at Roadrunner with some other shithead that goes by the name “Vegas Dave”. Nick likes to blast his music obnoxiously loud sometimes until 3AM. He’s been talked to about it before and the response is “I apologize, I apologize. We’ll keep it down.” Following night...same shit.

CoolCruzin

Reaction score
Should of just took the damn noise make of what ever it was , then sell it on Craig’s list

Last edited:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Not sure if i would have done what you did...atleast it turned out alright.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
If it was me, I put my clothes on and walk over, knock on the front door and ask them if they would turn off the music in the backyard...

84miller

Reaction score
Forget the gun, stay off their property as you will be the person in trouble and it is not worth it. Talk to your other neighbors around you and see if they are as pissed as you currently (you have a right to be pissed). If the other neighbors are pissed, make a plan for all of those neighbors to call the police next time. This means you exchange phone numbers, next time call each other, after which all of you call the police and report. Police will come out with multiple calls.

Nordie

Reaction score
Most of his backyard touches my backyard and his property is elevated in comparison to mine. The bass was making my house thump, and with it being elevated it seems the sound resonates under my patio cover.

I'm not trying to justify my decision, but something had to be done. No confrontation happened, I think I'll just look over the wall again when I hear all the beer bottles clanking from clean up.

Also they had leftover carne asada on the grill, what kind of person leaves carne on the grill.

Nordie

Reaction score
Any comments from other neighbors or were they at the party also? :)

Kind oh a weird arrangement between myself and the other neighbors, I sure the neighbor on one side of me I share like 20 feet of wall with is probably not pleased either, I'm the back of the culdesac pie shaped yard, the neighbor to the east of me I share 20 feet of wall with is another pie shaped yard on culdesac over. The neighbor in question is a block away behind me, and shares the back wall with me and the neighbor one culdesac over.

Hope that makes sense

RVR SWPR

Almost Off the Grid
Reaction score
Kind oh a weird arrangement between myself and the other neighbors, I sure the neighbor on one side of me I share like 20 feet of wall with is probably not pleased either, I'm the back of the culdesac pie shaped yard, the neighbor to the east of me I share 20 feet of wall with is another pie shaped yard on culdesac over. The neighbor in question is a block away behind me, and shares the back wall with me and the neighbor one culdesac over.

Hope that makes sense

Nice neighborhood,especially your location on the culdesac.Consider the outside music was not deliberately left on to aggravate you personally.

DB / HAV

Reaction score
Go over there today, let him know it wasn’t cool. Exchange phone numbers so this doesn’t happen again.

Nordie

Reaction score
Nice neighborhood,especially your location on the culdesac.Consider the outside music was not deliberately left on to aggravate you personally.

No I don't think they did it intentionally, but this is the 3rd time this year. New Years they were chopping wood for the firepit at midnight. The second time I'm guessing they had a friendsgiving party week before thanksgiving and my wife was able to get their attention over the wall, because they were outside dancing. That time they turned it down. Then last night at 2am is when I went to address it, but there was just a guy and girl and they were just sitting inside with the door shut.

I think I will go talk to them because that was bullshit. Obviously when you get pissed off you can make some decisions that not everyone is going to agree with.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score

Not to dogpile on, but if a burglar brought a weapon in your home and said it was for his protection, you think that would fly? I mean, you were trespassing...

Similar deal happened to me years ago. I let it go for a few hours, then I called the cops. After quite a bit of time went by, nothing changed. I took a paintball marker (EMPTY) and set it on auto, let a few pops off and wouldn't you know it, cops were there in minutes. I'm on a big property and did it all in my house, not like anyone saw.

HBCraig

Reaction score
My neighbors behind me are the same. I have called on them twice about 4am music

Also, they have a little shit dig that barks nonstop. I have called animal control twice and they have one more chance until they take their dog ( if it happens a 3rd time)

Nordie

Reaction score
My neighbors behind me are the same. I have called on them twice about 4am music

Also, they have a little shit dig that barks nonstop. I have called animal control twice and they have one more chance until they take their dog ( if it happens a 3rd time)

I also have this problem as well, they have 2 dogs that bark, also the one dog is almost to the point where his dog can almost get over the block wall...

My side is 8 footish tall on my side and he has about 5 feet. Granted my one Doberman is a barker and doesn't help we keep a bark collar on her, or I walk out at night and hush my dog up or close the doggy door to keep the peace. Neighborly stuff.

Albert

Reaction score
Call police, melatonin , ear plugs .
Keep calling until it stops . No need to put yourself in danger. It could become a shitfest later than never ends .

napanutt

Connoisseur
Reaction score

Hope that makes sense

Makes sense to me as long as it’s the same house you were in when we hung out with you that one time.

Nordie

Reaction score
Call police, melatonin , ear plugs .
Keep calling until it stops . No need to put yourself in danger. It could become a shitfest later than never ends .

I mean you're right, I can't deny that. A little more detail I am pretty deaf, tinnitus in my left ear, and such. It was droning through the walls so bad I couldn't sleep, but I was mostly sticking up for my wife. She had to be at work at 6am this morning.