WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Date night ideas

WYRD

Reaction score
Finally get to take Mama out on a date night tonight. Been a while since we were kid free for an evening together. Probably get some sushi for dinner and want to hangout somewhere fun for a couple of drinks . Anybody have any leads on good fun Hangouts in the Inland Empire that's not all ghetto?

She's also been wanting a very small tattoo for a while now might try to take her to a parlor that takes walk-ins, any recommendations on that?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Finally get to take Mama out on a date night tonight. Been a while since we were kid free for an evening together. Probably get some sushi for dinner and want to hangout somewhere fun for a couple of drinks . Anybody have any leads on good fun Hangouts in the Inland Empire that's not all ghetto?

She's also been wanting a very small tattoo for a while now might try to take her to a parlor that takes walk-ins, any recommendations on that?
What part of the IE?

707dog

Reaction score
get cozy at the cone... isn't here a hotel with safety cone shaped rooms in the I.E area?

WYRD

Reaction score
Used to hang out at Lake Alice in Riverside that was always fun with some live music and darts but I think that crowd might be a little young for us now.

Looking for maybe a nice cozy martini bar or something low-key like that

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Yeah it's on Foothill about 5 mi from my work. Perhaps you didn't see the part about nothing.... Ghetto!πŸ˜†
It’s the IE, man. There’s a ghetto factor no matter what part.
πŸ˜‚
San Bernardino Riverside Redlands Upland Rancho Cucamonga
You’re a little out of my area.
If you’re looking for an overnight, I’d say the Mission Inn in downtown Riverside.
Their Sunday brunch is pretty bad assπŸ‘

Gelcoater

Reaction score
Used to hang out at Lake Alice in Riverside that was always fun with some live music and darts but I think that crowd might be a little young for us now.

Looking for maybe a nice cozy martini bar or something low-key like that
And Lake Alice is no more. Some franchise place bought it

Edit... I may be wrong thereπŸ˜‚

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
It sure sucks not having a clue where/what to do on a datenight. Parenting really puts a dent in stuff like that and tends to make bedtime early😏.
Have fun, whatever you two do. Don't get sleepyπŸ˜„

WYRD

Reaction score
It sure sucks not having a clue where/what to do on a datenight. Parenting really puts a dent in stuff like that and tends to make bedtime early😏.
Have fun, whatever you two do. Don't get sleepyπŸ˜„
Yeah not everybody can be as cool as zig and JanπŸ˜‰
Truth be told we will probably be at home by 7:30πŸ˜†

Done-it-again

Reaction score

Have you had happy hour at Flemings? the burger is damn good.

Want it noisy, try Hero's in Ontario. The bar is big......

WYRD

Reaction score
It’s the IE, man. There’s a ghetto factor no matter what part.
πŸ˜‚
You’re a little out of my area.
If you’re looking for an overnight, I’d say the Mission Inn in downtown Riverside.
Their Sunday brunch is pretty bad assπŸ‘
Just goes to show you how long I've been out of the gameπŸ€·β€β™‚οΈ
Next you're going to tell me Club Metro no longer there either🀣

pkrrvr619

Reaction score
Buy a Polaroid camera and get the couples version of the adventure book.

Done deal.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I had heard it closed and I gues it did for a time.
Is now Lake Alice Trading Co.

Familyties

Reaction score

Always start the date with flowers

WYRD

Reaction score
Have you had happy hour at Flemings? the burger is damn good.

Want it noisy, try Hero's in Ontario. The bar is big......
Fleming's at Victoria Gardens?
Not really looking for anything loud or clubbing just a cool little hang out for a couple hours so the wife and I can get some much needed adult interaction

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Fleming's at Victoria Gardens?
Not really looking for anything loud or clubbing just a cool little hang out for a couple hours so the wife and I can get some much needed adult interaction

Yes. its nice and somewhat quite. Happy hour is only at the bar area, just need to be standing in line in front 30 min before opening and typically there is a line to fill the bar.

Have gone here many times..... Its just been a few years since the last time though..... https://www.yelp.com/biz/the-salted-pig-riverside?osq=Restaurants

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Yeah not everybody can be as cool as zig and JanπŸ˜‰
Truth be told we will probably be at home by 7:30πŸ˜†
😎😎 lol
Trust me, been there done that. Empty nesting is equally tricky cuz now it's just the two of us😳😲😳 and we had to figure out if we still liked each otherπŸ€£πŸ˜‚.
Go have a fun eve, do something you don't or can't do normally. πŸ‘

BIG MIKE

Reaction score
Union on Yale in downtown Claremont. Great food and a cool spot to have a drink outside by the fire.

$hot

To say what? :)
Reaction score
1637628759972.gif

tattoo ideas, right above the puss!

Bear Down

Reaction score
Tell me about it.... Wife and I are both on the same page about really trying to not dump our kids off for excessive date nights where it became Zero Date nights.

A few Suggestions as your region is pretty large. We live in Upland so here is where we like to go when we do. Not sure if you guys are big drinkers or not, but here you go.

Here are 2 spots that are out of the way that are a hit....

Derby Room in Norco, Pretty good food and the cool thing is you can hang out and actually bet on horses there, so It would have to be somewhat earlier start to catch some races..but time flies when you are making $1 bets on names you think would be lucky...

Roscoes in Chino HIlls- Great Atmosphere and Great food...I am a big Steak guy and they really have an awesome Rib Eye there. You sit at the bar or at the table, you can chit chat your way through a few hours, people watch and get great service.... There is a bowling Alley a few blocks away that is pretty cool that has a DJ on the weekends and they have a really good bar/pool (Chapparel 300) which becomes 21 and over after 9 pm... Thats a fun couple evening...

Claremont- Another Member mentioned Union on Yale...that little town is cool, where i met my wife when I lived a block from the Village... Start your evening at Casa 425 with Some drinks, walk the shops and you have a good selection of restaurants. Union on Yale isn't my favorite but they do have the best Outdoor Patio/Section Set up in town. Just their food is more ...eeehhh to me. Theres also the Meat Cellar a few blocks away from the actual downtown which is pretty good or Elviras Mexican food with is good food, not Great but atmosphere is Romantic. You can just stay in the downtown for the whole afternoon/evening...Plenty of choices from Tapas to mexican to italian... Tutti Mangia is an awesome place to eat in Claremont..>look it up.

Done it again mentioned Heroes in Ontario Mills... Great Joint, just like Roscoes i mentioned above but just a differnt menu and close to Dave and Busters if you want to play or the mall if you want to start there.

Enjoy the evening, Pop a few Caffeine pills before you start and pray you last past 9 pm.

DWC

Reaction score
Union on Yale in downtown Claremont. Great food and a cool spot to have a drink outside by the fire.
X2. Bardot’s is pretty good also.
Not sure what the Vax requirements are in Claremont though.

YeahYeah01

Reaction score
Check out Rok N Fondue in Redlands. It was dam good and super different. They have a small bar as well. Then there are several bars around the area that are decent and not to clubby.

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Since his date night was last night. Let’s hope he nursing a hangover and has lack of sleep from hiding the πŸ† all night.

Reactions: DWC

Bear Down

Reaction score
Since his date night was last night. Let’s hope he nursing a hangover and has lack of sleep from hiding the πŸ† all night.
All that typing for nothing...lol.. . but got me the urge to take the wife out this weekend.... hope you had a blast last night and both of you woke up raw...

nowski

Reaction score
So when's the big night? It wasn't mentioned, did it already pass? What are the available hours of date and can you sneak in a sunset or a walk around the duck park? Are you willing to drive to more than one location? I'm sorry to many questions. Roscoe's is a good choice that I would recommend, be spontaneous and adventurous to make it a night to remember...

WYRD

Reaction score
Tell me about it.... Wife and I are both on the same page about really trying to not dump our kids off for excessive date nights where it became Zero Date nights.

A few Suggestions as your region is pretty large. We live in Upland so here is where we like to go when we do. Not sure if you guys are big drinkers or not, but here you go.

Here are 2 spots that are out of the way that are a hit....

Derby Room in Norco, Pretty good food and the cool thing is you can hang out and actually bet on horses there, so It would have to be somewhat earlier start to catch some races..but time flies when you are making $1 bets on names you think would be lucky...

Roscoes in Chino HIlls- Great Atmosphere and Great food...I am a big Steak guy and they really have an awesome Rib Eye there. You sit at the bar or at the table, you can chit chat your way through a few hours, people watch and get great service.... There is a bowling Alley a few blocks away that is pretty cool that has a DJ on the weekends and they have a really good bar/pool (Chapparel 300) which becomes 21 and over after 9 pm... Thats a fun couple evening...

Claremont- Another Member mentioned Union on Yale...that little town is cool, where i met my wife when I lived a block from the Village... Start your evening at Casa 425 with Some drinks, walk the shops and you have a good selection of restaurants. Union on Yale isn't my favorite but they do have the best Outdoor Patio/Section Set up in town. Just their food is more ...eeehhh to me. Theres also the Meat Cellar a few blocks away from the actual downtown which is pretty good or Elviras Mexican food with is good food, not Great but atmosphere is Romantic. You can just stay in the downtown for the whole afternoon/evening...Plenty of choices from Tapas to mexican to italian... Tutti Mangia is an awesome place to eat in Claremont..>look it up.

Done it again mentioned Heroes in Ontario Mills... Great Joint, just like Roscoes i mentioned above but just a differnt menu and close to Dave and Busters if you want to play or the mall if you want to start there.

Enjoy the evening, Pop a few Caffeine pills before you start and pray you last past 9 pm.
Thank you for the detailed response. Sounds like the wife and I are in the same boat as you guys we get busy with life work and the kid and forget to take the time for each other.

Last night we ended up going to Red Robin for some appetizers and a drink because all of the sushi places we wanted to go to we're closed for indoor dining... thanks covidπŸ–•. Afterwards we went to the Royal falconer in Redlands for some more drinksπŸ₯ƒπŸΉ and a little bit of karaoke. Not the greatest entertainment😲 but I had a nice night with the wife we were done and headed home by 9:30πŸ‘
In hindsight we probably should have just stayed home sat on the couch naked and watched the next episode of Yellowstone.πŸ˜†

Last edited:

Done-it-again

Reaction score
Thank you for the detailed response. Sounds like the wife and I are in the same boat as you guys we get busy with life work and the kid and forget to take the time for each other.

Last night we ended up going to Red Robin for some appetizers and a drink because all of the sushi places we wanted to go to we're closed for indoor dining... thanks covidπŸ–•. Afterwards we went to the Royal falconer in Redlands for some more drinksπŸ₯ƒπŸΉ and a little bit of karaoke. Not the greatest entertainment😲 but I had a nice night with the wife we were done and headed home by 9:30πŸ‘
In hindsight we probably should have just stayed home sat on the couch naked and watched the next episode of Yellowstone.πŸ˜†
We are in the same boat as well (no pun) my kids are at the age where we cant go overnight without them.... So there is NO solo time......

Javajoe

Reaction score
Mario’s across from Mission Inn or the bar at the Mission Inn. It’s something Degrees. Pretty cool

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Wife was pretty smart and suggested weπŸ‘πŸ† before we left for the evening. Was a nice surprise getting home from workπŸ™ƒ
Fuck First ~ Dan Savage.
Sage advice, that way you're not too bloated/drunk after a meal to enjoy it.

lantz

Reaction score
Find a place close to home, as close to walking distance as you can find that has reasonable food and drinks. Go there at least once a week together just to grab a quick meal or beer after work and life. You get to know the people. They get to know you. After a while it becomes a routine and it's built into your week. Then, whenever you you need to get out, you can say, "Let's go to ______ for dinner tonight." It takes the the guess work and tension out of wanting to get out but not knowing where to go. Besides, everybody knows your name. Cheers!

Reactions: DWC

LGETT

Diving In
Reaction score
Well for next time on "Date Night in the IE"....

Lots of good suggestions, surprised The State at Victoria Gardens wasn't mentioned. Awesome speak easy hidden inside, if you know, you know

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Wife was pretty smart and suggested weπŸ‘πŸ† before we left for the evening. Was a nice surprise getting home from workπŸ™ƒ
You should get your eggplant checked by the doc, its got some green growth on it.πŸ˜„

DMF

Reaction score
Well for next time on "Date Night in the IE"....

Lots of good suggestions, surprised The State at Victoria Gardens wasn't mentioned. Awesome speak easy hidden inside, if you know, you know
The original State is in Redlands with a speak easy as well. We really like the food and the bar is cool as well.