WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Datsun

RitcheyRch

Currently Boat-Less
Reaction score
I really like those old 240Z's. Here is a bad ass 260Z out of the Fresno area.

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Damn, this thread just sent me through the way-back machine!

I had a 72 Datsun 240z that I built into road race car as a kid. 280 bottom block, 240 E88 head (higher compression), 5 speed, and Triple Weber Sidedrafts! Eibach springs, Tokico adjustable shocks, Gutted, caged and street legal.

That thing sounded sooooo sweet when you were in the throttle!
I sold it like a dumb ass kid and have never seen it again. 😔

(Best friend had a awesome avacado green 510 that was also a blast to drive!)

Datsun Nerds Unite!

grumpy88

Reaction score
I would love a 510 but out of range of what im willing to spend for a decent one now . My first vehicle was a datsun king cab truck . Bright orange . I miss that thing

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
I know there was a time that nissan bought up all the 240s and 260s they could. Sent them back through the assembly line and factory restored them. They actually sold them for a good price for the time.

Don't remember when but think it was in the 90s.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Jimmyv

Reaction score
I know there was a time that nissan bought up all the 240s and 260s they could. Sent them back through the assembly line and factory restored them. They actually sold them for a good price for the time.

Don't remember when but think it was in the 90s.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk
Yes, I’d guess late 90’s. Nissan bought, and restored them as NISMO special editions, or so articles and media said. Don’t think i ever knew of one being bought and sold, but lots of articles about it.

I bought mine for 1k in San Francisco. Plan was drive up from LA for a one day nonstop turn around trip with a couple buddies. Turned into a shit show.

Bought the car practically sight unseen and in the poring rain. Trailer flat, learned some Denny’s serve beer, drunk buddy got into a road range incident as a rear passenger and tried to throw an extra Hitachi dome top carb out the window at some guy in a Cadillac, Hell of a trip!

Car was much rougher than I thought by the time it was home. Had White House paint ROLLED ON. Head gasket leak.
Never should have sold that car.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I worked with the first American president of Nissan, considered him a friend. Unfortunately he died recently.

It sucks that this company has completely lost their identity. If Nissans weren’t perpetually on sale, they wouldn’t sell. Their brand is shit, they’ve won the race to the bottom and consumers consider them cheap Toyota’s.

Throw in the CVT garbage and I dunno how they even sell cars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk