WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Daughter 2 - Thieves 0

dread Pirate

Reaction score
My daughter stays in town at her moms rental during the week most of the time as it's easier for her to get to class. This morning I got a call from her no parent wants to get. 2 men broke into her house last night about 4am. Her dog woke her up and she could see flashlights in the house. She turns her dog loose and blasts the 1st guy with bear spray in the hallway, the really big can. The dog gets the 2nd guy and he drops his pepper spray which she then grabs and dumps in his face. They ran into the office and slammed the door. She grabs another can of bear spray from her room and kicks the door in. Dog lays into one and she blasts the other guy up close and personal and he drops a knife. They are scrambling out the window and she stabs the pos in his ass with his own knife.

Scary ass call, but at the same time a proud dad moment... Glad she's up here tonight though.

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Glad to hear she is alright, awesome job training her DP, it made all the difference I am sure :thumbsup

Joker

Reaction score
My daughter stays in town at her moms rental during the week most of the time as it's easier for her to get to class. This morning I got a call from her no parent wants to get. 2 men broke into her house last night about 4am. Her dog woke her up and she could see flashlights in the house. She turns her dog loose and blasts the 1st guy with bear spray in the hallway, the really big can. The dog gets the 2nd guy and he drops his pepper spray which she then grabs and dumps in his face. They ran into the office and slammed the door. She grabs another can of bear spray from her room and kicks the door in. Dog lays into one and she blasts the other guy up close and personal and he drops a knife. They are scrambling out the window and she stabs the pos in his ass with his own knife.

Scary ass call, but at the same time a proud dad moment... Glad she's up here tonight though.

You've raised a strong kid.[emoji106]
Be thankful she's alive but also be proud of yourself.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
She's trained in martial arts since she was 5. She's in her 2nd year of jiu jitsu. She's a quiet kid and never one to start anything, but you don't want to mess with her.

I have talked to her about having a gun and she' likes shooting, but she is quick to come back with "I can take your gun if you get within 5' of me. I don't always have time to get my gun". Case in point last night I guess.

Also have to give it up for the best wannabe pitbull on the planet!

AzGeo

Fair winds and following seas George.. Rest Easy..
Reaction score
Get her a gun, but also get her a pair of 'snow ski goggles' you know the big yellow bubble ones .

They fit tight and will prevent HER from being sprayed in the eyes and loose control .

Hate to hear of problems like this, but with a Police Report from this encounter 'in place', the next 'visit' should receive a 'warm lead filled welcome' .........

I would figure out a way to protect/monitor the place when she is gone . People like that would hurt the dog, and that I would never stand for .

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Holy shit!!

We don't have bear spray but I will look into that.. We'd have bullet holes everywhere.. Lol.

Mrhavasu

Reaction score
Glad it had a happy ending, just ordered bear spray today. Hope they caught the pieces of shit.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
Your daughter is a badass. Good for her and good for you. Her martial arts training and her parenting prevented her from over-reacting in a threatening situation.

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Holy shit, Rob! Glad she's alright. It would crush me to get that call. Crazy scary.

I've never been a fan of Bear/Pepper spray because it usually affects the victim worse than the perp but it sounds like it worked here.

So glad she is okay, unreal man. Did I miss the part about the final outcome? They catch the guys or have any leads?

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Holy shit I can't believe that!!:yikes

Wow...good job and thank GOD she is OK!!!:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Took forever to get the story as she was all bummed about her pup. They both got blasted by the cloud. You're not supposed to use it indoors let alone dump the whole can or 2,,, Her mom's x, kind of her stepdad and all around great guy lives around the corner and she called him as he could get there immediately. His version of the cops asking her questions is entertaining. They couldn't believe that she and her sweet little dog did that.. The amount of pepper spray all over and all she cared about was her dog and getting his eyes washed. The cops helped her bath him.

Side note, her boyfriend was there and was scared shitless. Hid in the bedroom with the baseball bat. She just refers to him as "that fuckin little pussy" now. :D I think I'll skip the "wtf was your boyfriend doing there".

No fingerprints or real descriptions as they had masks and gloves. They got away and had a car waiting down the street. The sheriff seems to think they are the same two responsible for a lot of robberies lately and my daughter said she swears it's the same guys in some pics they showed her. With the book and release jail system we have wouldn't matter anyway.. No one has checked into a local hospital either which is surprising with the amount of bear spray she used. They were wearing masks and she rubbed it into their face. I doubt they will be back to her place though.

SHOCKtheMONKEY

Reaction score
Glad your daughter is all good. Great job Dad!

Long story short, one of my clients who lived in the sticks wife walked in on a dude robbing their house and got him with bear spray... Guy had pillow cases of stuff... Stumbled to his car and drove till he crashed into a bridge... Cops were all over it and caught the guy.
Turns out he was a sergeant for LAPD...:smackhead

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Get her a gun, but also get her a pair of 'snow ski goggles' you know the big yellow bubble ones .

They fit tight and will prevent HER from being sprayed in the eyes and loose control .

Hate to hear of problems like this, but with a Police Report from this encounter 'in place', the next 'visit' should receive a 'warm lead filled welcome' .........

I would figure out a way to protect/monitor the place when she is gone . People like that would hurt the dog, and that I would never stand for .

Thing is, in a situation like last night, she had 10 seconds to react. Once she realized there were people in the house they were in the hallway 2 steps from her door. She wouldn't have had time to grab a gun out of a case or put goggles on.

I'm all for having a gun and has said she wants to buy her own when she turns 18 next month. I'm just glad she doesn't need one.

and here's a baby pic of little boy. He's 4 now.His sinuses are still all jacked up. Keeps sneezing on me..

Attachments

• IMG_9284.jpg
    IMG_9284.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 38

5oclocksomewhere

Reaction score

You Daughter is a fucking Badass!!!!! I love happy endings... :D

77charger

Reaction score
Damn thats the kind of chick you dont mess with!!Glad she is smart enough to know what to do and put them in their place.

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
Took forever to get the story as she was all bummed about her pup. They both got blasted by the cloud. You're not supposed to use it indoors let alone dump the whole can or 2,,, Her mom's x, kind of her stepdad and all around great guy lives around the corner and she called him as he could get there immediately. His version of the cops asking her questions is entertaining. They couldn't believe that she and her sweet little dog did that.. The amount of pepper spray all over and all she cared about was her dog and getting his eyes washed. The cops helped her bath him.

Side note, her boyfriend was there and was scared shitless. Hid in the bedroom with the baseball bat. She just refers to him as "that fuckin little pussy" now. :D I think I'll skip the "wtf was your boyfriend doing there".

No fingerprints or real descriptions as they had masks and gloves. They got away and had a car waiting down the street. The sheriff seems to think they are the same two responsible for a lot of robberies lately and my daughter said she swears it's the same guys in some pics they showed her. With the book and release jail system we have wouldn't matter anyway.. No one has checked into a local hospital either which is surprising with the amount of bear spray she used. They were wearing masks and she rubbed it into their face. I doubt they will be back to her place though.

Hid in the fucking bedroom???

Deb would have sprayed ME with the bear spray if I did that!!

Thank goodness you raised that girl right...:thumbup:

77charger

Reaction score
One thing i have heard is that bear spray is preferred because its able to spray further vs pepper spray.??

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Chalk one up for the good guys! Tough girl you got there. Glad it turned out as well as could be expected. Stabbing the guy in the ass with his own knife is classic :)

Yeah she left that out. I heard it from one of the officers. I asked her and she just said, "Fuck that guy, I didn't want his shitty knife" No one in the room had a comeback, we all just kinda looked away..

It really sucks as crime was never like this. Used to leave your doors unlocked, keys in the ignitions, etc. The last 10 years it's gone to hell. :(

plaster dave

Face down A$$ up
Reaction score
That is such a scary situation for anyone to be in. Congrats to your daughter and to you for raising her up to be calm in situations like this and know what to do.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
One thing i have heard is that bear spray is preferred because its able to spray further vs pepper spray.??

Like 20' with accuracy in a spray paint can sized container. She dumped the cans pretty much at point blank. They needed to get immediate attention somewhere or possibly lose their eyesight. Might be a couple of blind tweakers with a hole in ones ass wandering around somewhere???

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
DP I have some thoughts on this you may have already considered, but might not have.
If this home your daughter stays in looks "occupied", as in a car in the driveway, lights going on and off, etc, then the probability is that these guys knew someone was in the house when they hit it.
That adds to the problem....they are willing to enter an occupied house....in the dark...via a window...
If it is known a single female or two females (mom and daughter) stay there, and they still made entry, that is another look into their minds.
You should be proud of your daughter's response and you sure as hell should have a police report on file. This isn't the kind of thing crooks do once in their lives. There is a problem in the neighborhood, and it needs to be handled.
If my daughter/wife was staying in that house and she could legally have a firearm she sure as hell would have one. Marshall arts are a wonderful thing. They do not stop bullets, and multiple attackers change the odds. She, in that house, at night, confronts a burglar who has entered via a window and she is very, very close to the line of being in fear for her life.
Just a thought...

dread Pirate

Reaction score
DP I have some thoughts on this you may have already considered, but might not have.
If this home your daughter stays in looks "occupied", as in a car in the driveway, lights going on and off, etc, then the probability is that these guys knew someone was in the house when they hit it.
That adds to the problem....they are willing to enter an occupied house....in the dark...via a window...
If it is known a single female or two females (mom and daughter) stay there, and they still made entry, that is another look into their minds.
You should be proud of your daughter's response and you sure as hell should have a police report on file. This isn't the kind of thing crooks do once in their lives. There is a problem in the neighborhood, and it needs to be handled.
If my daughter/wife was staying in that house and she could legally have a firearm she sure as hell would have one. Marshall arts are a wonderful thing. They do not stop bullets, and multiple attackers change the odds. She, in that house, at night, confronts a burglar who has entered via a window and she is very, very close to the line of being in fear for her life.
Just a thought...

It's a house in town about 5 blocks from HSU. There is a smaller unit in the back that has an elderly man living in it. Mom is only there 2-3 days a week and my daughter stays there Monday-Wed/Thurs typically. It's on a main street, but is also on the main path from the town plaza and redwood park where you have a large homeless population walking by all day every day. Our thoughts are they knew she was probably the only one home and may or may not have known about her dog. He is usually up here, but she decided she wanted him with her this week. She wouldn't have woke up if it wasn't for the dog whining in her face. He kept silent until he had to go to work. They may have thought it was vacant, but they had to have heard the dog once they were inside. I have no doubt it could have been a really bad situation I don't really want to consider had her dog not been there. To be honest, I wasn't sure her dog had it in him, but when it comes to kids, I don't think anything will keep him from protecting them. My daughter just went into battle mode.

Her mom hates guns,,, My daughter would like one down there, but she still says it wouldn't have mattered last night. She can't keep it on her nightstand and it would have to be locked up. Her friends are too stupid as she puts it. She keeps saying "I should have sliced his achilles tendon then he wouldn't have got away"

She wants a No Trespassing sign riddled with bullet holes like the one on our gate for the town house though. :D

Icky

Reaction score
Scary story for sure, glad everything turned out in her favor.
Have you thought about an alarm? I tend to think of mine as an early warning device, gives you a few extra seconds to do whatever it is u need to do.

Although we had a glitch a few months ago after I left for work and it false alarmed the front and back door. But I'd take a false alarm any day over no warning at all someone's in the house.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Hid in the fucking bedroom???

Deb would have sprayed ME with the bear spray if I did that!!

Thank goodness you raised that girl right...:thumbup:

Yeah I guess she went back in and he said the pepper spray burns his eyes. She slapped him with her pepper spray covered hand said, "Yeah mother fucker! I'm covered in it you fucking pussy!"

I love that my daughter and my wife have a "friend" relationship where I get to hear all this shit. She's been winding out of what a loser he is all night. :thumbup: He supposedly grew up in "the hood"...

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Scary story for sure, glad everything turned out in her favor.
Have you thought about an alarm? I tend to think of mine as an early warning device, gives you a few extra seconds to do whatever it is u need to do.

Although we had a glitch a few months ago after I left for work and it false alarmed the front and back door. But I'd take a false alarm any day over no warning at all someone's in the house.

It's a rental and the alarm system is broke. They have been supposedly fixing it for months,,:grumble:

playdeep

Reaction score
Food for thought...
A local MMA gym my Girlfriend &I train at has a "smart girl self defense class"every Tuesday night.
It's free.
They teach the basics in how to defend against an assailant,emphasis on repelling surprise attacks.
Strikes,knees,elbows ,spinning back fists etc.
Various tactics to temporarily stun an attacker.
Girlfriend loves it & has gotten several of her friends to attend.

There are other gyms in town that have followed suit,due to the popularity.

Danger Dave

Sarcastically Optimistic 😁
Reaction score
Food for thought...
A local MMA gym my Girlfriend &I train at has a "smart girl self defense class"every Tuesday night.
It's free.
They teach the basics in how to defend against an assailant,emphasis on repelling surprise attacks.

Sounds like DP's daughter should be teaching the class, not attending.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Food for thought...
It's free.

She is an assistant in these classes locally. :thumbup:

She didn't just spray them, she beat the shit out of them along the way. She has bruises on her knees from their faces and he knuckles are swollen.

playdeep

Reaction score
She is an assistant in these classes locally. :thumbup:

She didn't just spray them, she beat the shit out of them along the way. She has bruises on her knees from their faces and he knuckles are swollen.

Good for her,that's awesome. ..!

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Nice to hear the good guys won one. And stabbing the fucker with his own knife is just icing on the cake.

I think you need to give that dog a few big ass steaks for what he did. And continued to do with all the bear spray everywhere.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Nice to hear the good guys won one. And stabbing the fucker with his own knife is just icing on the cake.

I think you need to give that dog a few big ass steaks for what he did. And continued to do with all the bear spray everywhere.

I bought him a bacon cheeseburger. Love that dog. He gets home and runs to the baby and rolls over on his back to let my son climb on him. He loves his kids.

I'm still tripping on the whole deal. I've had a couple drinks now and my wife keeps filling me in with little details. I just sit here and think how lucky I am. I'm so proud of my kid.

As dad I got the "fuck those guys I kicked their ass and Blaze tore that tweakers ass up. I went back to sleep as soon as the cops left. They were cool and helped me wash my dog, but damn they ask a lot of questions. Stupid tweakers.. Poor Blaze"....

Apparently there may or may not have been a bottle of Patron smashed over ones head, but details are still foggy,,,:rolleyes

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

That's the most gangster daughter story I have ever heard. Good job on raising your daughter [emoji106][emoji106][emoji106]

500bbc

Reaction score
Yeah I guess she went back in and he said the pepper spray burns his eyes. She slapped him with her pepper spray covered hand said, "Yeah mother fucker! I'm covered in it you fucking pussy!"

I love that my daughter and my wife have a "friend" relationship where I get to hear all this shit. She's been winding out of what a loser he is all night. :thumbup: He supposedly grew up in "the hood"...

What's her new boyfriend like?:D

milkmoney

Reaction score
Glad she is ok[emoji106].

Can u say. Badass. Good for her and good on dad [emoji41][emoji106][emoji202]

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Congrats to your (badass) daughter and to you- who had the foresight to train her in martial arts and attitude!

Just wondering - did the guy who got stabbed in the ass leak any blood? If so, I hope the cops collected it. DNA will likely return a hit as this type of crook has likely been in prison before.

And I too, vote to get her a pistol. If not that, then a sword :D

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
Congrats to your (badass) daughter and to you- who had the foresight to train her in martial arts and attitude!

Just wondering - did the guy who got stabbed in the ass leak any blood? If so, I hope the cops collected it. DNA will likely return a hit as this type of crook has likely been in prison before.

And I too, vote to get her a pistol. If not that, then a sword :D

Can you just imagine what she'd do with a sword, HOLY CHIT !!!!! What a warrior!!!