WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Daughter 2 - Thieves 0

Yarder

Substantial Member
Reaction score
Apparently there may or may not have been a bottle of Patron smashed over ones head, but details are still foggy,,,:rolleyes

Damn, that would hurt like hell. Surprised it didn't knock his ass out, those bottle are stout. :thumbsup

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Great job of taking care of business......Sounds like a real life "Home Alone" :D

Hopefully the perps get caught and spend time.

Deja_Vu

Essex Affectionado
Reaction score
Wow, that is quite an amazing story. :yikes I'm very happy to hear your daughter took out the trash.
Props to you on raising her to be strong.

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
My daughter is two belts away from her black belt, but I still hope she never has to deal with this! I showed her this thread. All she said was, wow. But I could tell she was impressed.

For all you dad's that don't have your kids in martial arts, the only question is, why not?

This thread should be more than enough to get you guys moving on it! 👍

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Congrats to your (badass) daughter and to you- who had the foresight to train her in martial arts and attitude!

Just wondering - did the guy who got stabbed in the ass leak any blood? If so, I hope the cops collected it. DNA will likely return a hit as this type of crook has likely been in prison before.

And I too, vote to get her a pistol. If not that, then a sword :D

Her swords are all up here. That would have been a scene from Kill Bill. :D

They did not find any blood. It wasn't a huge knife, but it was in his ass as he went through the window. They looked for it in the yard and down the street too.

This may be enough to actually hold them if they catch them, but with the catch and release program Jerry Brown instated they won't be doing real time. :grumble:

I also can't take credit for her training. I just took her to her classes. She is a quiet shy kid. Can barely hear her speak half the time. Even I tend to forget what she's capable of. Only other time I've seen her use force is last year at the county fair where a drunk guy tried to grab her ass. I didn't actually see it, but there was a knocked out dude laying over the barrier with his friends laughing at him.

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
Wow scary deal. We have guns at home but pepper spray sounds like a great idea also.

500bbc

Reaction score
Her swords are all up here. That would have been a scene from Kill Bill. :D

They did not find any blood. It wasn't a huge knife, but it was in his ass as he went through the window. They looked for it in the yard and down the street too.

This may be enough to actually hold them if they catch them, but with the catch and release program Jerry Brown instated they won't be doing real time. :grumble:

I also can't take credit for her training. I just took her to her classes. She is a quiet shy kid. Can barely hear her speak half the time. Even I tend to forget what she's capable of. Only other time I've seen her use force is last year at the county fair where a drunk guy tried to grab her ass. I didn't actually see it, but there was a knocked out dude laying over the barrier with his friends laughing at him.

Quiet....shy....

"Yeah I guess she went back in and he said the pepper spray burns his eyes. She slapped him with her pepper spray covered hand said, "Yeah mother fucker! I'm covered in it you fucking pussy!"

You have a different definition than I do.:D

SBMech

Fixes Broken Stuff
Reaction score
Quiet....shy....

"Yeah I guess she went back in and he said the pepper spray burns his eyes. She slapped him with her pepper spray covered hand said, "Yeah mother fucker! I'm covered in it you fucking pussy!"

My Wife can rail me 7 ways from Sunday about some nitpicky bullshit, but won't speak up unless someone actually touches her. It's far easier to be aggressive with someone you know you are safe with....

The silent ones are the ones you need to watch out for :D

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Quiet....shy....

True! :thumbup:

That's a rarity. When she realized there were people in the house she pushed him and said get up. He never left the bed. The cops couldn't even set foot in the house at 1st the bear spray was so strong. It's not that easy to clean up either..

She put it like this. "Imagine getting Tapatio in your eyes. Now imagine what that Dave's Insanity Sauce would do. It's kinda like that"

We're still wondering about the dog bites. She said they had thick pants, maybe Cartharts, but he had ahold of them. No blood on his teeth or mouth, but he defiantly bit them. Maybe he didn't get through their pants? Everyone figured they would end up at a hospital somewhere local, but nothing???

Tooms22

On Vacation
Reaction score
Wow, that's a crazy story. Your daughter can definitely handle herself. Sounds like it's time to lose the girlfriend and get herself a boyfriend.

The gun and dumb friend issue... In college and for a couple years after, I always had dumb friends in and out of house. This is the way resolve that problem. You can either have a code or buy the fingerprint one.

41uJCoXwlsL.jpg

69 1/2

Reaction score
You've got to wonder if the bad guys heard the growling dog and the sound of a Remington 870 racking a round they might have left earlier. If you've ever racked an 870 you would know the sound.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Wow, that's a crazy story. Your daughter can definitely handle herself. Sounds like it's time to lose the girlfriend and get herself a boyfriend.

The gun and dumb friend issue... In college and for a couple years after, I always had dumb friends in and out of house. This is the way resolve that problem. You can either have a code or buy the fingerprint one.

View attachment 480592

I have 8 of these total; in different drawers all around the house + truck, + wife's car + RV trailer:thumbup::thumbup: In a vehicle, as long as the mag isn't in the gun (mag can be loaded) and they both are in the safe in Cali you are legal in the truck. It takes me 4.5 seconds in the driver's seat to enter the code, grab the gun, drop in the mag and rack the slide on a glock.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
Glad that she wasn't harmed. I hope they don't scout the place out and come back.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Took forever to get the story as she was all bummed about her pup. They both got blasted by the cloud. You're not supposed to use it indoors let alone dump the whole can or 2,,, Her mom's x, kind of her stepdad and all around great guy lives around the corner and she called him as he could get there immediately. His version of the cops asking her questions is entertaining. They couldn't believe that she and her sweet little dog did that.. The amount of pepper spray all over and all she cared about was her dog and getting his eyes washed. The cops helped her bath him.

Side note, her boyfriend was there and was scared shitless. Hid in the bedroom with the baseball bat. She just refers to him as "that fuckin little pussy" now. :D I think I'll skip the "wtf was your boyfriend doing there".

No fingerprints or real descriptions as they had masks and gloves. They got away and had a car waiting down the street. The sheriff seems to think they are the same two responsible for a lot of robberies lately and my daughter said she swears it's the same guys in some pics they showed her. With the book and release jail system we have wouldn't matter anyway.. No one has checked into a local hospital either which is surprising with the amount of bear spray she used. They were wearing masks and she rubbed it into their face. I doubt they will be back to her place though.

I think I'd be referring to him as the x boyfriend now..

dread Pirate

Reaction score
Glad that she wasn't harmed. I hope they don't scout the place out and come back.

I doubt it. Her car wasn't in the driveway like usual. She left it on the street as they are doing road work right in front of her house. They most likely figured no one was there. She just mentioned that this morning.

Her mom is thinking about a different house. They rent it from friends and things get put off like the alarm system because of it. Who knows? She only has 3 or 4 weeks of school left and doesn't want to stay there now.

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I think I'd be referring to him as the x boyfriend now..

Yep! I'm sure his buddies are real understanding eh? :p

He's not a bad kid, but he sure isn't my favorite. I'm fairly old school when it comes to dating my daughter. Look me in the eye and shake my hand like a man. He has failed most of the tests, but as he's going off to college in SLO this fall I think she was just waiting for him to leave to break up.

Edit; should note that as of yesterdays events he showed he's a fucking coward,,,

MissB

The Asset..
Reaction score
I admit I LOLed at the first post, WOW, and what a strong girl! I'm sooo glad she's ok. Its funny what dogs will do in a stress situation, he did just as he was suppose to, protect his owner. Maybe call the vet for something house hold to neutralize the spray. Good dog! And if he bit them good enough, that bite will get infected, and he will need an antibiotic. So proud of your kid. Its scary as shit to go after that "noise" but she was well prepared, and you should be proud/and nervous about that!

500bbc

Reaction score
True! :thumbup:

That's a rarity. When she realized there were people in the house she pushed him and said get up. He never left the bed. The cops couldn't even set foot in the house at 1st the bear spray was so strong. It's not that easy to clean up either..

She put it like this. "Imagine getting Tapatio in your eyes. Now imagine what that Dave's Insanity Sauce would do. It's kinda like that"

We're still wondering about the dog bites. She said they had thick pants, maybe Cartharts, but he had ahold of them. No blood on his teeth or mouth, but he defiantly bit them. Maybe he didn't get through their pants? Everyone figured they would end up at a hospital somewhere local, but nothing???

Yeah no shit, I pulled an old pepper spray out of the nightstand one morning and said the wife "I wonder if this still works".

One spritz and we had to vacate the room.:D

Your daughter is a bad ass!:thumbup:

crzy2bealive

Reaction score
I have 8 of these total; in different drawers all around the house + truck, + wife's car + RV trailer:thumbup::thumbup: In a vehicle, as long as the mag isn't in the gun (mag can be loaded) and they both are in the safe in Cali you are legal in the truck. It takes me 4.5 seconds in the driver's seat to enter the code, grab the gun, drop in the mag and rack the slide on a glock.

Doesn't the loaded magazine have to be locked up elsewhere away from the gun?

Mrs.HLB

Reaction score
BEST THREAD EVER!!! Your daughter is a BADASS!!! So glad she or the dog were not hurt but she took care of business! I doubt those tweakers will be back! And her boyfriend, oh my he better get to walkin or the least take a self defense course. :loser:

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Doesn't the loaded magazine have to be locked up elsewhere away from the gun?

No, this used to be the law, (one or the other not accessible to passengers or driver) & that still is the law if you do not have a lockable container, even lockable center consoles and glove boxes are OK.
Now, if the gun and mag are LOCKED in a container of any sort, you are fine. I am being very specific that the loaded mag is NOT in the gun while locked in the safe. Grey area- you can even leave the key in the lock while driving with the safe shut and use it to open the safe faster instead of the combo to avoid entry malfunction/battery issues etc.

2Driver

Reaction score

Thats 3.5 seconds too long and you just told the entire earth where all your arms are. Just saying

nowski

Reaction score
"Great Thread", written by a proud Dad!!!

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Yep! I'm sure his buddies are real understanding eh?[emoji14]

He's not a bad kid, but he sure isn't my favorite. I'm fairly old school when it comes to dating my daughter. Look me in the eye and shake my hand like a man. He has failed most of the tests, but as he's going off to college in SLO this fall I think she was just waiting for him to leave to break up.

Edit; should note that as of yesterdays events he showed he's a fucking coward,,,
Let me know if this story needs to be spread at his new school. Shouldn't be too hard to do.

purrfecttremor

Reaction score
I'm am so impressed but still a little concerned they no where she lives. She is only 17 but what a bad ass!!!!!

dread Pirate

Reaction score
I'm am so impressed but still a little concerned they no where she lives. She is only 17 but what a bad ass!!!!!

As time goes by it's really setting in. I mean all of it. How badass she is, how badass her dog is, how dangerous it was and how lucky I am. She only has a few weeks of school left and she is not planning on staying at the house alone. She seems to blow it off like it was no big deal and at her age I would have done the same. It's harder as a parent I think. The alarm company came out today and new doors were installed as well as window locks.

Still tripping on how bad crime has gotten up here. Used to be a great place to raise a family. Yesterday there were at least 6 burglaries and 2 armed robberies in a town of 25k people. Just really sad and I know it's not just here.

Deckin Around

Reaction score
Thats 3.5 seconds too long and you just told the entire earth where all your arms are. Just saying

:blah::yikesNote to entire earth: I own guns and have them fuking everywhere :thumbup: you should too,...everyone should and less of this shit would happen to good people. Personally, I keep my pearl handle revolver in my purse:finger

I'm with you 2Driver don't get me wrong. Sorry this got off track with car/gun legality. Too bad I read that the OP's daughter is (17?) 3+ years from being able to legally own a hangun in CA, but I'm pretty sure she is ok to use one of Dad's guns at home to save her life.
The safes at home take less time b/c guns have mags loaded & rounds chambered. Ours are to keep the kids safe from themselves and buy us time kill anyone trying to get into one without the code....it sucks when the intruder finds one of your loaded guns before you. 2 Dogs and an alarm system are a good early warning system.
The time reference was for law abiding citizens, FYI- In a car, it takes less time to unload and shut a safe during a traffic stop than unlocking a safe and loading the gun when your life depends on it.:thumbup:

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
I am really glad this worked out as well as it did, your daughter is definitely a bad ass :thumbsup Also, as alluded to earlier, her dog showed his loyalty as well, still going after the guys amid all that bear spray that must have been even worse for the animal. I really hope they catch these bastards.