WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Daughter needs a car, $4500-$6500- has cash today

wash11

Reaction score
My youngest daughter lost the engine in her CR-V and needs a replacement ride. Budget is 4500-5500 but can go up to $6500 for the right car. Obviously, local to Havasu and surrounding areas would be best but will drive her to the Phoenix/Prescott/Flagstaff areas if it makes sense. Interested in the usual, Honda/Toyota econo cars but will consider anything nice. She's looking to make a deal in the next couple days and has the dough ready.

monkeyswrench

Reaction score
Does she need 4wd out there, or would a 2wd drive suffice?

obnoxious001

Engine building character
Reaction score
My youngest daughter lost the engine in her CR-V and needs a replacement ride. Budget is 4500-5500 but can go up to $6500 for the right car. Obviously, local to Havasu and surrounding areas would be best but will drive her to the Phoenix/Prescott/Flagstaff areas if it makes sense. Interested in the usual, Honda/Toyota econo cars but will consider anything nice. She's looking to make a deal in the next couple days and has the dough ready.
If you are on Facebook, check Marketplace to see what's there, always a variety of private party vehicles.

wash11

Reaction score
If you are on Facebook, check Marketplace to see what's there, always a variety of private party vehicles.
Spot on. We've seen a bunch on there.
I've come to trust everyone on this forum so my first choice would be buying from an RDP member if possible. I just don't see anyone here hiding known problems from other members.

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
@wash11 How about a 2014 Chevy volt? I bought it new, and just installed new tires. I have 2 chargers for it, maintained at dealer. Been a great car, moving much closer to work so I don't need the 3rd vehicle anymore. 80k miles, factory warranty on battery for 10 years / 150k as it is a California car.

Gets 36mpg if you never charge it and just drive it like a regular car. If you plug it in, you'll get 38 miles of range all electric, then it switches over to gas. You can run them either mode, similar to a Prius plug-in

Last edited:

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
Saw a few nights ago while in LA. You can drive out the Mercedes dealership with a new G-Wagon with no money down. :looking:

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Saw a few nights ago while in LA. You can drive out the Mercedes dealership with a new G-Wagon with no money down. :looking:

Keyless start or "no key, but got it to start" ?

traquer

Reaction score
Miata lol. Fun little cars and she can always turn it into a cheap race/track car later

rmarion

Stop The Steal
Reaction score
check rental car inventory sales... they are normally extremely diligent on the preventative maintenance schedules.

Good luck

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
check rental car inventory sales... they are normally extremely diligent on the preventative maintenance schedules.

Good luck

Good idea. A few weeks ago there were stories that they were selling the fleets