WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

dave the youtube freak

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Yep.. if you look to the right you'll see past river videos, pool playing videos etc.. etc.. LOL :D

RD

This might come as a shock, but I've watched them all before... Its been a long summer w/ nothing good on TV

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
Your not the stalker serial killa type R U? :eek:

RD

Who me :D

No I'm not a stalker, but I have done reconnaissance intelligence acquisition before :cool:

Serial Killer - NO, unless fish count, lol. God forbid I ever do anything that gets me sent to prision, because I'd be somebodys bitch 2 seconds after I get processed in :eek:

:beer

DeltaSigBoater

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
Bryin, is that you driving the daytona??? I always pictured you a little lighter:confused::D

angiebaby

Mountain Mama
Reaction score
The "weekdays" one is my favorite. Damm summer's over for me.

DeltaSigBoater

This is... Legendary!
Reaction score
After watching the billiard ones I think RD has had professional lessons :hmm

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
That's a fun video to watch.

Director...
Reaction score
Bryin, is that you driving the daytona??? I always pictured you a little lighter:confused::D

That is me driving, and I have pictured me a little lighter too....Question is ......why would you be...."picturing" me .......at all...:nono

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
After watching the billiard ones I think RD has had professional lessons :hmm

LOL... Those videos are terrible. Muscling the cue ball around etc.. etc.. Back then I had some real slow cloth on my table coupled with a severe humidity problem (makes it almost impossible to play).. That and the pockets are 4 1/4 at the points (straight cuts)... In english just knock an inch of most pockets in pool halls or an inch and a half on home tables, so they are ridiculously tight.

Strangely enough though, never had any professional lessons, just the school of hard knocks (aka gambling) in pool halls since I was about 16..

I have a world reknowne pool coach coming over this Sunday though and staying until monday. He's coming out from the midwest to work with me for 2 days, that was my b-day present from Stacy.. :) (Kind of a big deal actually.. this guy coaches some of the best pro's out there) You can all thank her for the reason we didn't have a b-day party this year though.. :D :D ;) j/k

Most people in the boating world don't know, but Pool is a huge part of my life.. equal to or greater then boating in many respects.

RD

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
LOL... Those videos are terrible. Muscling the cue ball around etc.. etc.. Back then I had some real slow cloth on my table coupled with a severe humidity problem (makes it almost impossible to play).. That and the pockets are 4 1/4 at the points (straight cuts)... In english just knock an inch of most pockets in pool halls or an inch and a half on home tables, so they are ridiculously tight.

Strangely enough though, never had any professional lessons, just the school of hard knocks (aka gambling) in pool halls since I was about 16..

I have a world reknowne pool coach coming over this Sunday though and staying until monday. He's coming out from the midwest to work with me for 2 days, that was my b-day present from Stacy.. :) (Kind of a big deal actually.. this guy coaches some of the best pro's out there) You can all thank her for the reason we didn't have a b-day party this year though.. :D :D ;) j/k

Most people in the boating world don't know, but Pool is a huge part of my life.. equal to or greater then boating in many respects.

RD

Ah the markings of a misspent youth, who is coaching you? I have a pretty good jacked up one handed game. I had a table with shimmed pockets for a while, its amazing when you shoot a lot on tight pockets regular table pockets start to look like 5 gallon buckets. I used to go to tournaments with my step dad "seriously misspent youth" Efran Reyes was always one of my favorites to watch.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ah the markings of a misspent youth, who is coaching you? I have a pretty good jacked up one handed game. I had a table with shimmed pockets for a while, its amazing when you shoot a lot on tight pockets regular table pockets start to look like 5 gallon buckets. I used to go to tournaments with my step dad "seriously misspent youth" Efran Reyes was always one of my favorites to watch.

I have Scott Lee coming out this sunday. :)

http://www.poolknowledge.com/index.html

I've got a funky stroke, and this guys the stroke Dr. so We'll see what happens.. :D Jacked up one handed game?

My table isn't "shimmed" that's one way of doing it, but the pocket still keeps the "flare" to it if you do it that way. The new school way of doing things is you actually order new rubber for the table and they leave the rubber long, add some wood to barely extend the rail itself, cut the pocket geometry straight(er) and you single pocket facings.. (as opposed to stacking pocket facings to make the tighter pocket). Steve Leistikow (guy that sets up tables for Hardtimes Bellflower) did my rails.. That's how all the tourny tables at HT are setup as well.

My favorite player of all time is probably Fransisco Bustamante for 9 ball. I love the the old guys though Luther Lassiter, Ronnie Allen (1 hole) etc..

There's no question though for an all around player (all games) Efren is the greatest that ever lived.

Next year I'm going to have Grady Matthews come out to the house for a weekend for some 1 pocket lessons.

People just don't know though.. I'd rather be watching to giants go at it in ahead sets at 3 in the morning in some shady pool hall then be at the sandbar any day of the week.. :D I'm an action junky of sorts.. LOL

RD

whiteworks

Custom Shutters by WhiteWorks
Reaction score
jacked up one handed = cue stick cannot touch the rail and leaves one hand free for a drink:beer I'll have to post some photos of my step dads sticks you will probably dig it, he has a beautiful Sean and a couple of Judds. we use to go out to Judds shop where he made the sticks and watch the progress. the shop was his garage with a pool table in the middle and surrounded by tooling to make cues. he had racks of custom made cues lining the walls, after every stick was complete he would hit some balls around to make sure it felt right. the sticks that didn't pass his test would just hang on the wall and never be sold.

Nord

HONKY
Reaction score
That is me driving, and I have pictured me a little lighter too....Question is ......why would you be...."picturing" me .......at all...:nono

Touche' Brean:smackhead

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
jacked up one handed = cue stick cannot touch the rail and leaves one hand free for a drink:beer I'll have to post some photos of my step dads sticks you will probably dig it, he has a beautiful Sean and a couple of Judds. we use to go out to Judds shop where he made the sticks and watch the progress. the shop was his garage with a pool table in the middle and surrounded by tooling to make cues. he had racks of custom made cues lining the walls, after every stick was complete he would hit some balls around to make sure it felt right. the sticks that didn't pass his test would just hang on the wall and never be sold.

I know what it means.. LOL I just thought it was an "odd" thing to be good at. I'd love to see some pix of the sticks!! He have any Judds he might be interested in letting go?

RD