WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Daves Teryx Build

D

Deleted Account

Yep, it's all about weight. Played that game with VW Thing a while back. same thing with the Jeep, all the extra weight, skidplates etc and now I need a hemi in it to get the thing moving...:D

Attachments

• Jan2005 077.jpg
    Jan2005 077.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 266

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
Anybody here with a RZR-S? In stock form I'm seeing 61-63mph on GPS thats going down a dirt road in Johnson Valley. Next upgrade hopefully TURBO!!!:thumbsup

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
Anybody here with a RZR-S? In stock form I'm seeing 61-63mph on GPS thats going down a dirt road in Johnson Valley. Next upgrade hopefully TURBO!!!:thumbsup
yep. on flat ground bangin on the limiter. putting a dynatech box on it will get you to 68-70 though :D much cheaper too

Last edited:

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
Rev limiter or not we're still 10 steps ahead of the game in stock form!!:D

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
i knew it was only a matter of time. lol. we all have our own anyways. if the wifes not with me then i'm by myself, which is the most fun anyways. :D

Last edited:

scottietwohoty

Reaction score
Sorry for the stir, but I'm with you on I HAVE MY OWN!!! As long as I can ride I'm cool with that.:thumbsup:D

KING BEE

Reaction score
Kickass house as well...:D

RD, I doubt it. The upper handholds to slide back there are pretty sweet tho'... If the roof starts rattling, glue some vinyl on the bottom.
NO roof rattles, David put some thin weather stipping on it before he secured it. David Waters @ Induced Fabrication www.inducedfabrication.com.

sean

Reaction score
if you put headsets on you cant hear any rattles..... just sayin:skull

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
So Tim drove my T-Rex today down to River Motorsports to get it serviced..

it apparently started puking oil out the breathers when he got into town. I called them and they just started getting into it and don't know what happened yet.. but initially it looks like differential fluid, not engine oil?

I'll keep ya posted..

RD

Hallett

Reaction score
Love it when things work like that most of the time my
warranty is over then things go to hell for example my softener
did the extended warranty looks like it expired last month lol
& yes it went to hell yesterday .

Phebus

Past Poster.
Reaction score

it apparently started puking oil out the breathers when he got into town. I called them and they just started getting into it and don't know what happened yet.. but initially it looks like differential fluid, not engine oil?

I'll keep ya posted..

RD

Two weeks? :D

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score

I'll keep ya posted..

RD

I think I remember reading somewhere that the puking oil ot the breathers was a commmon thing on the Teryx.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I think I remember reading somewhere that the puking oil ot the breathers was a commmon thing on the Teryx.

Differential fluid? This isn't exactly after a long ride either.. Just from my house into town?

RD

squirtnmyload

now its recording
Reaction score
yep they are pukers with puffs of white smoke, just ask jeff or sean. it seemed to happen when on the roads.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
yep they are pukers with puffs of white smoke, just ask jeff or sean. it seemed to happen when on the roads.

The smoke is due to the way the crankcase vents into the air intake and in turn the induction sucks oil and burns it, Not 100% sure about the Diffs puking oil but I have heard similar things about them on the road. You have to think about it, these things arent normally ran pedal to the floor for that long of time, Even in haul ass dirt riding you are coanstantly adjusting your speed, but going into town is miles of top end speed non stop.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The smoke is due to the way the crankcase vents into the air intake and in turn the induction sucks oil and burns it, Not 100% sure about the Diffs puking oil but I have heard similar things about them on the road. You have to think about it, these things arent normally ran pedal to the floor for that long of time, Even in haul ass dirt riding you are coanstantly adjusting your speed, but going into town is miles of top end speed non stop.

I dunno.. River Motorsports said they serviced it, and can't get it to do it again.. So they said just drive it, and see if it happens again?

RD

sean

Reaction score
keep a real close eye on it. rb said it right on the nail head, with you running high rpm's for long periods of time (driving on road) they pump oil out the crankvent into the intake and into the cumbustion chambers. if you dont keep an eye on it you will either run low on oil and boom or, load the cylinders and boom.:rolleyes:
muzzy rocker covers and a puke tank seem to be the fix some are running. i made my own and now have 3 crankcase vents and 1 oil return with zero issues:champagne:

TOBTEK

Reaction score
ISNT this issue more with the 08's ??? havent heard of many having this going on with the 09's.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
It wasn't motor oil either, it was differential fluid..

RD

Im thinking the thought of driving on the road for soo long is what is causing it. The rear diff on those is locked. The front diff is the one that is adjustable. Whit the locked diff on pavement Id imagine that the oil in the diff would get very hot from not being able to slip one wheel on the ground. Maybe its just, more or less, boiling over from soo much street driving.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Im thinking the thought of driving on the road for soo long is what is causing it. The rear diff on those is locked. The front diff is the one that is adjustable. Whit the locked diff on pavement Id imagine that the oil in the diff would get very hot from not being able to slip one wheel on the ground. Maybe its just, more or less, boiling over from soo much street driving.

It was driving straight though down highway 95? Not like a lot of cornering going on here.. LOL

I'm thinking it's something else, but I guess I'll find out this weekend when I drive it.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
It was driving straight though down highway 95? Not like a lot of cornering going on here.. LOL

I'm thinking it's something else, but I guess I'll find out this weekend when I drive it.

RD

I'm still guessing its the constant High RPM driving. Although they are street legal, they werent engineered to be driven like that. Off road you dont ride throttle pinned for miles at a time.

D

Deleted Account

I'd agree. If it keeps doing it, just install a breather reservoir on the rear end vent hose. Put it up high so whatever pukes gets caught in the rez and then runs back into the rear end when it's not spun up so high... VW guys have been doing that for 30+ years on those motors.

Attachments

• Things 018.jpg
    Things 018.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 423
Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted Account

NICE Thing !

I think BrianB might be selling it...:D LOL I watched him take this car completely apart and put it back together -right. I think he wants a nice Rhino in trade...:thumbsup:D:skull:cool::D

Attachments

• Things 026 (Large).jpg
    Things 026 (Large).jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 372
  • Things 022 (Large).jpg
    Things 022 (Large).jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 373
  • Things 028 (Large).jpg
    Things 028 (Large).jpg
    63.4 KB · Views: 369
  • Things 030 (Large).jpg
    Things 030 (Large).jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 367
Last edited by a moderator:

TOBTEK

Reaction score
that THING is RAD ! What does it have for motor / drive T ?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
I think BrianB might be selling it...:D LOL I watched him take this car completely apart and put it back together -right. I think he wants a nice Rhino in trade...:thumbsup:D:skull:cool::D

This one actually has coolant in it. :D lol!

Attachments

• Barstow Shoot 004 (Large).jpg
    Barstow Shoot 004 (Large).jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 304
  • Barstow Shoot 069 (Large).jpg
    Barstow Shoot 069 (Large).jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 309

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I'm still guessing its the constant High RPM driving. Although they are street legal, they werent engineered to be driven like that. Off road you dont ride throttle pinned for miles at a time.

It turns out it was the high RPM driving with the E-Brake on all the way into town. LOL No big deal, they serviced it, and it's good as new..

RD

BrianB

Reaction score

Type 4 2.0L with Fat shroud. Trans is a 091 with 930 cv. Car looks a little different now. Changed all the tires to BFG Muds. Its been a fun car :thumbsup

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Rumors, Rumors and more rumors......;)

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Toby, please call your friend on those wheel blanks.. I'm REALLY interested in making them, especially now.

RD

TOBTEK

Reaction score
Toby, please call your friend on those wheel blanks.. I'm REALLY interested in making them, especially now.

RD

You need to take the measurements off the centers SOON. Im gonna sell my wheels and tires and get a few different sets.
The wheel shell's are NOT a problem! Spoke to them last week about making these three piece wheels ! Fire up the CNC :champagne:

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
You need to take the measurements off the centers SOON. Im gonna sell my wheels and tires and get a few different sets.
The wheel shell's are NOT a problem! Spoke to them last week about making these three piece wheels ! Fire up the CNC :champagne:

We're ready.. bring the wheels over to my shop so we can break em down, and see what's what.

You're selling the wheels? Why? They are bad ass!

RD

Reaction score
my first post....and Toby's wheels are gay like him!!! waaaayyyy tooooo wide!! they look cool just the wrong offset!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
my first post....and Toby's wheels are gay like him!!! waaaayyyy tooooo wide!! they look cool just the wrong offset!!

Strangely enough when I was looking through pics of wheels... I stumbled across that video of Toby's deal at some show and paused the video and said... "Those are the wheels I want"

Welcome to the board by the way. :)

RD

TOBTEK

Reaction score

YOU would "think" someone that knew how to set up a car would be able to do the math and get the correct springs and valving....... wouldnt ya ????

Can you imagine someone telling Robby Gordon...hey dude, cant set your car up cause its too wide?

Wasn't there a car company advertising "wider is better" ?? :p:champagne:

Just busting your chomps Bryan. Love my car, its Hella Sweet! SELL it this weekend, So I can build a 2010 ;)