WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Daycare....MaK got the rona

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Daycare sent kids home Friday due to a "pink eye" episode...well it wasn't pink eye....kid came sick and spread the rona. MaK's had a miserable few days..and im watching her like a hawk.

They say "kid's don't get it," well hopefully she kicks it quick (16mo). Sent an email to the school withdrawing her a few min ago...she will never go back. 4th time in 3 months she got sick with something there...including RSV. With all the time we have been in havasu and she's been out sick..she attended a whopping 14 days. Kid's get sick but this is excessive..especially now with the "Fauci virus." Something tells me this "top tier" pre-school/daycare needs a deep cleaning. (EDIT: I'm not mad at the school...one kid's parents bring their child sick habitually...so they need the cleaning..I'm self employed so I don't mind having my mini with me). Total diagnosis was covid+adeno+dual ear infection.

Keep MaK in your thoughts...I'll be with her till she's cleared. She's got her momma very worried.

tempImagein8j26.jpg

Last edited:

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Hoping for a quick recovery.
Didn’t know it was that difficult to tell the difference between pink eye & Covid🤨.
From what I was told, and saw that infants/toddlers can get an eye goup (sp)+eye swelling/redness with covid...and thats what happened. Honestly I thought thats what it was going to be until she got sicker.

DWC

Reaction score
When kids goto school they bring home all kinds of stuff.. I honestly think it’s part of the reason I haven’t got the Rona yet.. when my kids were bringing everything home I rarely get it but everyone else does
That’s no joke. Travelled most of my career. Never been more sick than when the kids were in K thru 6. They bring home a ton of bugs.

@Ace in the Hole, hope all is well with you and the family. Kids seem to buzz through it pretty good. Their systems put a beat down on the Vid. Take care of the family

CLdrinker

Reaction score
Hope your kid gets better soon.

But this might be news to some. If your kid goes to school they get sick all he Dam time.

During the lockdown all 3 of mine never got sick. Since they went back Atleast 1 is sick all the time.

It part of being a parent.

HB2Havasu

Reaction score
My wife has ran a Preschool/Daycare for 15 years. She said this last 18 months was the least amount of children with sickness she’s ever had. With kids out of government schools they are not cross contaminating each other with flus/colds. Normal years it’s pretty much nonstop that somebody was sick. I wouldn’t be so harsh to blame your daycare, it’s pretty much the norm. Kids get sick, Who Knew? LOL 😂

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I don’t catch what the kids bring home because I take oregano oil everyday and lots of vitamin c but at least one of the boys is sick at all times. It’s pretty annoying

JDKRXW

Reaction score
My wife has ran a Preschool/Daycare for 15 years. She said this last 18 months was the least amount of children with sickness she’s ever had.
But this might be news to some. If your kid goes to school they get sick all he Dam time.

This is what worries me the most about Covid.
A kid's immunity is built by his/her immune system working against all the bugs and viruses that get thrown at it all the damn time. This is why farm kids are generally healthier than urban kids -- https://www.google.com/amp/s/gizmod...healthier-in-two-important-way-1825655317/amp

We're going on 2 yrs with most kids living a life that's even more sterile than usual. You can't tell me that this is good for anyone - plus - from the beginning, C19 has been a cakewalk for 19 and unders.

Last edited:

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
Daycare sent kids home Friday due to a "pink eye" episode...well it wasn't pink eye....kid came sick and spread the rona. MaK's had a miserable few days..and im watching her like a hawk.

They say "kid's don't get it," well hopefully she kicks it quick (16mo). Sent an email to the school withdrawing her a few min ago...she will never go back. 4th time in 3 months she got sick with something there...including RSV. With all the time we have been in havasu and she's been out sick..she attended a whopping 14 days. Kid's get sick but this is excessive..especially now with the "Fauci virus." Something tells me this "top tier" pre-school/daycare needs a deep cleaning. Total diagnosis was covid+adeno+dual ear infection.

Keep MaK in your thoughts...I'll be with her till she's cleared. She's got her momma very worried.

View attachment 1047036

Poor baby. She looks not happy at all. :(

My kids were Always sick in grade school. No need to blame the school...

BLAME THE ASSHOLE PARENTS THAT SEND THEIR SICK KIDS TO SCHOOL!!!!!!!!!!!

:mad: :mad: :mad:

Sure hope she recovers completely.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Come on MaK…when I get back to TX I need my patty cake smacking partner.

Good thoughts for all of you coming your way.

poor baby :(

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I take nothing and haven’t got shots of any kind going on 30yrs.
I rarely get sick.
I’m a teacher so I deal with plenty of sick adults everyday myself. Hoping to not catch covid but time will tell

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score

I don't blame the school...same kid in question was the source of RSV in the class. I blame the parents on it....I get you have to work..we all do but don't send your kid in to screw us all.

She definitely is miserable...she's normally all smiles..hard to catch her not smiling.
IMG_5905.PNG

Last edited:

RichL

Reaction score

Agreed.

Hope she's feeling better real soon.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Got a call from the school. They are refunding us for this month. Definitely in CYA mode...several kids out with it.

All that matters is the kids get well..MaK is gonna have a lot of dad time the rest of the year, and I'm more than ok with that lol.

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Ear infections are brutal. Poor lil one. Hope she's better soon.

C-2

Reaction score
Aww, poor little girl, best wishes for you guys.

How do you pronounce her name, never seen it before? Is it Mary Kay?

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Aww, poor little girl, best wishes for you guys.

How do you pronounce her name, never seen it before? Is it Mary Kay?

MaK is her nickname... Makenzie is her actual name lol. My late uncle's nickname was Mickey..and we named her after him. MaK (pronounced Mack like the truck or "return of the mack") kinda came out of nowhere..I just said it one day and it stuck. Pretty much everyone who knows me calls her that now.

dspracing

Reaction score
Something is different about COVID this time around based on what I have experienced. At work, we have had guys dropping like flies. It happened faster than we could react. Last year we had guys test positive and get their free 2 week vacation. This year guys are coming down with actual COVID, spreading like crazy. A lot like the virus we expected last year. Fortunately, none of them had spread it to their children.

I made a spreadsheet to confidentially notate their “status”. The categories are- had COVID, never had COVID,vax, no vax, and “immune”( This guy spent a whole day in a truck with me while I unknowingly had COVID, and worked closely with several who had it this time around including his GF. Oddly enough he has severe health complications and I can only assume at this point that his treatments and/or meds have made him immune).

My son had COVID last year at just under 1.5 yrs old. Had to take him to the hospital for treatment and meds, twice, it wasn’t very fun. All while “kids don’t get COVID”. As for my wife, myself and our immediate family that got it at that time, it was reasonably mild.

Now, what’s interesting to me is that every guy from my shop that tested positive and/or had “symptoms” last year but didn’t really get COVID, got hit this year and got it bad. Not one of these guys spread it to their children. One spread to wife and one spread to mother.

with that being said, I just figured I would share my personal experience as well as the fact that I think it’s absolutely inexcusable that we(most of us) live in the greatest country on earth fighting this man made virus and we are given little to no data or information about the facts surrounding the matter. Is anybody studying this? Where are the reports?!?!? Why do we know little to nothing more about this than we did over a year ago?

@Ace in the Hole I wish you and MaK the best and hoping for a speedy recovery!

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
So bummed to see this. Best to you and the rest of the family. It is rough with a young family especially these days. Hope that she is able to bound back SOON!!!!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
So bummed to see this. Best to you and the rest of the family. It is rough with a young family especially these days. Hope that she is able to bound back SOON!!!!

I'm sure she will be fine, still a shock to the system.

We will be in Havasu for thanksgiving, and hawaii for xmas..text me your plans and we will meet up. I figure we will be back home for around 10 days...I need some dukes, side street, Haleiwa joes, and uncle bo's, niko's, waikane..among other things lol

Nordic29

Reaction score
She definitely looks like she’s not happy, I hope she feels better soon. I know kids get Covid but it’s just so sad to see that 2 year olds are required to wear masks in daycare (in CA). They’re barely learning to speak, the masks can’t be helping enough to risk hindering that development. Not to mention that a child looks at facial expressions to trust and feel comfortable with adults and these children are only able to see eyes. It’s just so sad.

HCP3

Reaction score
@Ace in the Hole I realize as a parent your child comes before yourself, but curious, are you taking any precautions to avoid getting covid?

Hoping the best for little MaK and the rest of the family.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
@Ace in the Hole I realize as a parent your child comes before yourself, but curious, are you taking any precautions to avoid getting covid?

Hoping the best for little MaK and the rest of the family.

I've had it twice last year..and have done the J&J due to travel etc. Yea we take certain other precautions as well. Everyone is getting tested today

squeezer

Reaction score
Nothing worse than when the little ones are sick.

School is a literal petri dish. Pre lockdown somebody in our house was always sick. Have not had as much as a runny nose in the house for 18months… (Makes a person pause when the “Covid cured the flu” folks start spouting off).

If your household can function without sending kids into school/daycare/etc right now it’s looking like keeping them home makes more and more sense.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Update on the MaK.

She's doing pretty well at least IMO..best guess is she's 5 days or so into this. Everyone got the swab today for a variety of reasons. her struggle is a hard cough's that if it goes on too long leaves her gasping. Breathing treatments/albuterol helps with that. Other than that basic lethargy and a lot of sleeping. Keeping a hard eye on her, too much mis-information out there on kids with it to know what really to expect. We had to put her back on eye drops..after one day the goop that was the OG symptom came back. Those of you with "babies/infants" may want to watch for that specifically as a sign..it was the first symptom...plus lethargy

Last edited:

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
Update on the MaK.

She's doing pretty well at least IMO..best guess is she's 5 days or so into this. Everyone got the swab today for a variety of reasons. her struggle is hard cough's that if go on too long leave her gasping. Breathing treatments/albuterol helps with that. Other than that basic lethargy and a lot of sleeping. Keeping a hard eye on her, too much mis-information out there on kids with it to know what really to expect. We had to put her back on eye drops..after one day the goop that was the OG symptom came back. Those of you with "babies/infants" may want to watch for that specifically as a sign..it was the first symptom...plus lethargy

Glad she is doing a little better. Hope for a speedy recovery. Seeing your babies sick it tough.

Cobalt232

Reaction score
Hope she gets better soon.

One of my 'little ones' has the Rona too (he's 26 though)

We started all 3 of our kids in preschool when they were 2 years old each. There was always some sickness going around. We got lots of stuff the 1st kid brought home. By the time the 2nd and 3rd went to preschool, my wife and I were immune to all of it. There was always a sign up on the door saying one of the kids had lice, hoof and mouth, pink eye, flu, etc.

EmpirE231

Reaction score
Always a bummer when your kiddos are sick. The good thing is, they are built for this, will bounce back.... and the icing on the cake is natural immunity from Covid!

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
How is the kid this morning?

Today is the roughest one so far on her..hopefully it's the hump. Struggling to sleep/nap..and just a brutal cough that even the meds struggle to keep up with. Keeping her hydrated with pedialite etc. Some of the side symptoms have stopped so thats a plus.

She's still a happy kid, up until a coughing fit starts.

Hoping she's over this by mid next week.

DILLIGAF

Reaction score
Today is the roughest one so far on her..hopefully it's the hump. Struggling to sleep/nap..and just a brutal cough that even the meds struggle to keep up with. Keeping her hydrated with pedialite etc. Some of the side symptoms have stopped so thats a plus.

She's still a happy kid, up until a coughing fit starts.

Hoping she's over this by mid next week.

;(

Shlbyntro

Ultra Conservative
Reaction score
I don't blame the school...same kid in question was the source of RSV in the class. I blame the parents on it....I get you have to work..we all do but don't send your kid in to screw us all.

She definitely is miserable...she's normally all smiles..hard to catch her not smiling.
View attachment 1047096

You may be a lost cause, but she's a Ford girl. She'll be just fine!

Duramax

Reaction score

They say "kid's don't get it," well hopefully she kicks it quick (16mo). Sent an email to the school withdrawing her a few min ago...she will never go back. 4th time in 3 months she got sick with something there...including RSV. With all the time we have been in havasu and she's been out sick..she attended a whopping 14 days. Kid's get sick but this is excessive..especially now with the "Fauci virus." Something tells me this "top tier" pre-school/daycare needs a deep cleaning. (EDIT: I'm not mad at the school...one kid's parents bring their child sick habitually...so they need the cleaning..I'm self employed so I don't mind having my mini with me). Total diagnosis was covid+adeno+dual ear infection.

View attachment 1047036
Poor girl. My 4yr old was sick twice in 2 weeks back to pre k. I used to wonder why my mom would say when I was sick, "if I could take it for you I would". Now I know.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
Try a nanny it is much better.

That will be the route we go...one of my good college friends was an au pair, and she told us that she would help us track a good candidate down once we are ready. Since our lives are pretty up in the air right now with where we will be living next year etc I think I want to wait until we know where we will be before doing anything. In the mean time I'm going to try to find a sitter...and my mom said she would fly out as needed to help bridge the gap. My MIL is coming in 2 weeks for that purpose as well for about a week...Shoot me now ☠ 🤣

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
All tests on the rest of us were negative...

She's in a much better mood today, last night wasn't pleasant though. No fever now and she has way more energy this morning. Hopefully she's on the tail end of the Fauci funded Chyna virus.

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
All tests on the rest of us were negative...

She's in a much better mood today, last night wasn't pleasant though. No fever now and she has way more energy this morning. Hopefully she's on the tail end of the Fauci funded Chyna virus.

Good to hear the improvements.