WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Daytona 500...Eliminator Daytona

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
In honor of the Daytona 500 tomorrow... remember when Eliminator ran their boats at Lake Lloyd. Lake Lloyd is very tiny lake in the infield at the Daytona 500 for anyone who doesn't know. This boat was running my Tahoe props (Eliminator asked me to send them to them). It was a 28 Daytona with Viper motors and they needed a super small prop to accelerate fast because the lake is so small...and it is.:eek:

lenmann

Reaction score
I had no idea, pretty damn cool!

Been to Daytona and camped right along Lloyd a couple of years ago, no boats out there these days...

Gelcoater

Reaction score
EF6BAB64-C673-4D88-B9DA-C1D2339653BA.jpeg

Gelcoater

Reaction score
There were several boats run in that lake and at the event.
Eliminator did several NASCAR themed boats for it, the all red Budweiser Daytona, a black and blue flamed Jeff Gordon themed 27 ICC, a Darrel Waltrip Mountain Dew Daytona and a 27 standard deck white/gold in 50th anniversary checkers.
Pretty sure they did the 500 a couple of seasons back then.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
There were several boats run in that lake and at the event.
Eliminator did several NASCAR themed boats for it, the all red Budweiser Daytona, a black and blue flamed Jeff Gordon themed 27 ICC, a Darrel Waltrip Mountain Dew Daytona and a 27 standard deck white/gold in 50th anniversary checkers.
Pretty sure they did the 500 a couple of seasons back then.
That 27 standard deck was one of my faves. Wasn't it recently for sale? And didn't one guy purchase all of those boats originally?

Gelcoater

Reaction score
That 27 standard deck was one of my faves. Wasn't it recently for sale? And didn't one guy purchase all of those boats originally?
I’m not sure?
That 27 Standard Deck was for sale w/ the Viper 625 & TCM drive at Maxed Out Marine last year. Unfortunately, the large ‘Daytona 500’ anniversary stickers had been taken off of the sides, however I would’ve loved to have bought it & actually emailed them about it, but I came to my senses & realized I’m in no position to be buying spending that kind of money for a boat. The all-red Kasey Kahne 27ICC Daytona is currently for sale at Maxed Out, minus all of the logos. The 27ICC Jeff Gordon Boat was for sale on OSO a few years ago. I wanna say that I saw the Mountain Dew boat for sale last year? But I’m not 100% sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I wonder what happened to the engine hatch of the gold 50th boat?
It had signatures of all the drivers.

Gelcoater

Reaction score
I’m not sure! But it appeared to be in pristine condition with very few engine hours. Also, remember the 2007 Standard Deck ‘stars & stripes’ ‘signature series’ Daytona International Speedway Boat w/ the TCM 900EFI? I saw recently on IG that Teague Custom Marine bought the boat. It was currently at their shop & they were tuning it up & were planning on running it all summer. That’s also another one of my favorites.

Damn, dude.
I was there and you have a better memory:D
In my mind all those Daytona boats had Ilmor V10s?
Bob built those on Eliminator’s dime, he went Ilmor to a large degree because you could buy 550-725hp of Ilmor power cheaper than 550-725 of Mercury power.
The NASCAR drivers that checked it out or rode in them were impressed by the V-10 spell often cast upon those who view it;)

Liberated

Reaction score
Damn, dude.
I was there and you have a better memory:D
In my mind all those Daytona boats had Ilmor V10s?
Bob built those on Eliminator’s dime, he went Ilmor to a large degree because you could buy 550-725hp of Ilmor power cheaper than 550-725 of Mercury power.
The NASCAR drivers that checked it out or rode in them were impressed by the V-10 spell often cast upon those who view it;)
Kasey Kayne and Jeff Gordon boats both had TCM power. I know the guy that rigged them:D. Good times back then for sure!

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
That 27 Standard Deck was for sale w/ the Viper 625 & TCM drive at Maxed Out Marine last year. Unfortunately, the large ‘Daytona 500’ anniversary stickers had been taken off of the sides, however I would’ve loved to have bought it & actually emailed them about it, but I came to my senses & realized I’m in no position to be buying spending that kind of money for a boat. The all-red Kasey Kahne 27ICC Daytona is currently for sale at Maxed Out, minus all of the logos. The 27ICC Jeff Gordon Boat was for sale on OSO a few years ago. I wanna say that I saw the Mountain Dew boat for sale last year? But I’m not 100% sure.

The all red bud boat is at Maxed Out for sale now. Glad to see its back together again, when the economy took a dump it came through the Manheim auction in Fontana pretty much stripped.