WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dcb 26 bottom

Kct11

Reaction score
Screenshot_2016-10-05-07-47-39.jpg Screenshot_2016-10-05-07-44-21.jpg

One is a 2000 and the other a 2002. Think all the other 2002 and newer has the shorter center pod.
Question is...did the early 26 bottom have a deeper center as it look in the photo or is it just the photo?
What are the caricature differences between the two if there was a change?
Thanks

River Lynchmob

What can I do to u for u?
Reaction score
I have not idea but it looks like the lower boat could just have the center pod notched?

Eggbeatn ur Ass

Reaction score
I have a 2001 Mach 26 and it looks the same as the 2002 you have pictured. I believe they notched the center pod moving it forward to solve the porpoising around 65-70 mph these boats are known to have.

Kct11

Reaction score
I know the notch is moving the center drain forward a bit, but if you use the drain plugs as a reference it sure looks shorter too.

AZMIDLYF

Reaction score
Shorter and notched forward. As to the handling changes...I would like to hear the difference/reason for it.

DCBMilt

Reaction score
I owned the boat in the bottom picture. I dont know why they would change the hull, but if it had to do with eliminating porpoise. It worked....there was very little porpoise in that ride.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
View attachment 515521 View attachment 515522

One is a 2000 and the other a 2002. Think all the other 2002 and newer has the shorter center pod.
Question is...did the early 26 bottom have a deeper center as it look in the photo or is it just the photo?
What are the caricature differences between the two if there was a change?
Thanks

I had never heard that they changed the bottom on the 26's.. I seriously doubt they raised or lowered the entire center pot, I think that's just camera effect. The notch itself if I was going to guess (pure speculation), I would say the one with the notch was laid up to be an I/O boat, and the one without was probably purpose built for outboards. Having the full length pod to help it roll over easier.

I'll have to ask Tony when I talk to him and get to the bottom of it.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I asked Tony about this today. He said that the notched transom helped it roll over on plane easier with a load (which would be contrary to my thinking but he's the expert). He also said that they raised the center pod slightly on the notched versions and they picked up a bit of speed. So the notched and raised center pod would be the "newer" of the two bottoms.

This is the first that I have ever heard that they changed bottoms on the Mach / F26 so that's all I know about it.

RD

Kct11

Reaction score
I asked Tony about this today. He said that the notched transom helped it roll over on plane easier with a load (which would be contrary to my thinking but he's the expert). He also said that they raised the center pod slightly on the notched versions and they picked up a bit of speed. So the notched and raised center pod would be the "newer" of the two bottoms.

This is the first that I have ever heard that they changed bottoms on the Mach / F26 so that's all I know about it.

RD
Thanks! I thought I was seeing things right.

CANUCK007

Reaction score
If it was done to prevent porposing it didn't work