WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB down at Buckskin

propcheck

Reaction score
Easy fix... Delete your Facebook account and you will no longer have to read the comments.
That’s what I did and don’t miss that crap one bit👍 I got tired of the same bench racer BS answers to the same questions
what is the best wax for my boat? And what are the best trailer tires?🤦‍♂️

DWC

Reaction score
Just saw on FB. She is firing on all cylinders. Maybe she’ll be on the water this weekend. [emoji106]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
That’s great news. Hope they’re back on the water quick.

SkiDoc

Reaction score
I owned the boat for a couple years. Great boat but has had some bad luck. It was pretty damaged in the big wreck at the Big Cat Poker run when it was new and was repaired by DCB very well.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
I wasn't there & don't know what happened, maybe something broke but doubt it since reports are it will be back on water soon somehow.
Please everyone, remember how quickly a boat this size & weight will fall off plane from 30-50mph. You are allowed to chop throttles, come off plane, then resume your course. Once again, I wasn't there, please be careful everyone.

Tank

Reaction score
Just FYI (world champion F1 and offshore racer) Shawn Torrent is also offering a drivers course specifically for cats and from what I’ve heard from people that have taken it (and tres’ class) it’s absolutely fantastic. He delves deep into handling characteristics including specific characteristics of current popular boat manufacturers. Excellent course from what I've been told.

lake p.a.l.

Reaction score
Just FYI (world champion F1 and offshore racer) Shawn Torrent is also offering a drivers course specifically for cats and from what I’ve heard from people that have taken it (and tres’ class) it’s absolutely fantastic. He delves deep into handling characteristics including specific characteristics of current popular boat manufacturers. Excellent course from what I've been told.

I would LOVE to take that

Livewire Fabworks

Reaction score
Glad everyone was somewhat OK. Could have been much much worse. I agree with most that this is a very dangerous corner. It is a true 90 degree turn with drastic changes in depth causing already turbulent water. To add to the turn it is not very wide on the north and south side of the turn though it is pretty wide at the middle of the turn. When heading up river there is a beach on the right coming out of the turn that is usually packed with campers and wave runners you do not get to see until you are part way through the turn. Coming out of the turn either way it is hard to take a wider turn due to traffic coming up and down river as well as river lice doing there thing. Add a good swell from the roll bar boats and it makes it more interesting.

Back when we had a 210 Hallett I can tell you we hit a roller going up river making the right turn and it straighted us right out and go me out of the throttle, butt he pucker was in full effect. It was so violent I thought it was going to launch the wife out of the boat. I can see how a cat could have some bad things happen quickly in this turn.

instagator

Reaction score
Going down river little to much speed going into the turn a little late,
seeing the rock cliffs, That makes you pull the boat tight cause your running out of water quickly. I have had that happen many times, smaller boat more forgiving .

instagator

Reaction score
For any cat or twin step boat peeps should take the class, unfortunately so many people think they know how to drive and are surprised at how low of speeds things can go wrong.
i've been driving boats for over 30 years and was amazed at what i learned.

Boats now days are amazing and so much better than in years past but they are also a lot less forgiving, just for example when following a boat going around a curve in a cat you need to set the boat up completely different than doing the same thing in a twin step v hull

TAKE TRES'S CLASS
Why would you follow the boat through the turn,I would offset just out side the lead boats wake. On any boat i think?

JFMFG

Reaction score
I owned the boat for a couple years. Great boat but has had some bad luck. It was pretty damaged in the big wreck at the Big Cat Poker run when it was new and was repaired by DCB very well.
What happened at big cat

steamin rice

No Bad Days....
Reaction score
Many sides to that story.
If it's the incident I'm thinking, 2006 maybe, I was in the poker run and remember seeing the boats after the accident. I don't remember all of the details but I remember there was some controversy.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Haven’t seen any FB updates. Any news? I was pulling for them to get on the water by end of the weekend.

FROGMAN524

Reaction score
South of Davis dam is the Bermuda Triangle it seems. Glad everyone isn’t dead.

Reactions: DWC

Havasu Surfer

Reaction score
Going down river little to much speed going into the turn a little late,
seeing the rock cliffs, That makes you pull the boat tight cause your running out of water quickly. I have had that happen many times, smaller boat more forgiving .

Agreed. However, have spent time and driven F-32’s and if trim was was up high it would react differently to an on coming roller. Just my observation.

Reactions: DWC

McKay

Reaction score
Agreed. However, have spent time and driven F-32’s and if trim was was up high it would react differently to an on coming roller. Just my observation.

I have the same opinion from a few seasons I put on my 32. Never liked driving it much below 55-60. Above that loved the ride.