WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB Interior Modernization

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Our boat heads down to DCB Monday, I would value everyones opinions/thoughts on the layout of the seats we have chosen.

F32 new seats.PNG
Topock.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I think the rendering looks great! I’d forego F32 in every seat though. Think it’s a little redundant when they place that everywhere you look.

GREAT LOOKing boat you have!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

LC925

Reaction score
Not sure I like the rendering....

You should just hand me down the boat as is and I’ll rock it as is! Wait maybe I don’t like the rendering because I can’t afford the boat :(

Looks like it will come out great!!

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I have always thought the two stripes going up the back rest looks weird to me. I would ditch those and widen the black Alcantara and stitching going up the back. After that I'd see how it looks and start dialing in the rest of the seat to match.

RD

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I have always thought the two stripes going up the back rest looks weird to me. I would ditch those and widen the black Alcantara and stitching going up the back. After that I'd see how it looks and start dialing in the rest of the seat to match.

RD

Dave thanks for the feedback! What do you think of this back?

DCB seats 2.png

3queens

Detachable Member
Reaction score
looks good
I personally like the lower profile seat back more than the race car look for boats
seat.jpg

i would also have the seat patterned more like the bow of your boat
i love the way it looks to pierce it's way forward
the black will be warm on the tooshie
or swap the gray and white on front to match gel pattern
and i agree with the not having F32 on all seats

cant wait to see finished product :cool:

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I agree get rid of the “f32” in the seat. I like the original back with the speedo in it. The back part (where you sit) is too busy and needs to be simplified. Maybe get rid of the vertical red stripes in that part and downplay the diamond stitching (a little is ok, but don’t go overboard)

FreeBird236

Reaction score
What a dilemma both look great. I have seen where the logos repeating over and over do get a little carried away, but just looking at one it looks good so it's hard to say. My only slight negative is, I haven't decided if I'm a fan of that daisy chain stitching on the edges, that looks pretty good, some I've seen the color was to bold. Overall I'm picking the second back.

TGIBFTGOG

Reaction score
I know it’s in, but that diamond stitching is gonna be played out, if not already. Just my .02.

I like everything else. Boat will still be an 11/10 with whatever you do

Agree. I never understood that trend unless you like the low-rider look.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
I agree get rid of the “f32” in the seat. I like the original back with the speedo in it. The back part (where you sit) is too busy and needs to be simplified. Maybe get rid of the vertical red stripes in that part and downplay the diamond stitching (a little is ok, but don’t go overboard)

Sitting here staring at it again. Think your right. Its pretty busy. WHAT ABOUT switching the red stitching color to black or dark gray?? The red stitching is making it to busy IMO.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
This is great feedback, keep it coming. Good ideas, I'll have a rendering done that replaces the red design stiching for silver and remove the F32 to see what that looks like. I also agree that the diamond pattern needs to be kept to a minimum or dropped altogether. Lots to consider Thanks!

The black and silver will be in Alcantara which does not get hot at all.

BHC Vic

cobra performance boats
Reaction score
I love it as is. One of Carlos’s cousins was here last week. He’s an apprentice in our union. Pretty cool to talk boats with someone all week

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
I like it better than the first. If you are going to upholster it, you are leaving some opportunities on the table there to do some wildly different things that haven't been done yet!

DJ

Whatcha thinking Dave? I am a business man, don't have a creative bone in my body.....

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Seems like an awful lot of black compared to the theme of the boat. Boat has hints of black as the 4th color.

I would look very closely at the dash and try and tie in the graphics/colors so it adds to the boat but doesn't smack you in the face.

I think I like the back on #1 better than 2 and I would ditch the F32

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
I like the stitch pattern in the second one better than the diamonds. Almost a boot stitch. Lose all the rest of those chain stitches. Anywhere there's an exposed thread is a potential point of failure. where you have the black alcantara on the bottom on the side bolster add that to the back rest.The red that's on the backrest next to the black, duplicate that on the seat cushion. Lose the red on the side bolster. All the emblems are redundant. Less is more, and timeless.
I tend to prefer a cleaner look.

Last edited:

HCP3

Reaction score
The red diamond stitching seems out of place. Your boat scheme is fairly simple (in a good way). I think the stitching clashes.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Whatcha thinking Dave? I am a business man, don't have a creative bone in my body.....

I'm thinking a recessed pocket that's back lit with a small strip of RGB lighting. Cell phone's etc.. You could get cool with it and do some elastic straps in there with the wireless charging pods as well.

RD

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
a lot of these DCB interiors are so over the top an don't actually flow with the boat in my opinion. Its like wearing plaid pants with a leopard jacket. Theres just too much going on. I get wanting to do something different but different doesn't always have to be more. If it were me tone down the interior to go more with the them of the boat and stay away from trendy items.

The only thing I wish I hadn't done was the Carbon fiber vinyl (could be worse though I could have gone with diamond stitching)

IMG_5306.JPG

wet hull

Reaction score
Just went through this process. Have a thread started the other day. So stress full. Lots of money and your decision is somewhat permanent. I personally like the stealth look of no badging. I did diamond in mine and love it. I dont think its played out or going anywhere.
For the seats maybe get rid of the red. Swap the red for black and make the current black areas white with the diamond pattern.

throttle

c ya on da lake
Reaction score
curious... what are your options for the rear seat? maybe a forth seat or headrest?

X-rated

Reaction score
Just as bit of a heads up....After 2 years the “red” Alcantara in my boat is not as red as it was when new. I leave my boat inside or covered whenever its not being used but the sun is very hard on red Alcantara. I wouldnt say its pink, but definitely not as red.

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
a lot of these DCB interiors are so over the top an don't actually flow with the boat in my opinion. Its like wearing plaid pants with a leopard jacket. Theres just too much going on. I get wanting to do something different but different doesn't always have to be more. If it were me tone down the interior to go more with the them of the boat and stay away from trendy items.

The only thing I wish I hadn't done was the Carbon fiber vinyl (could be worse though I could have gone with diamond stitching)

View attachment 730326

Here’s a view of the back seat. We will ultimately redo the hatch and back seat.

The logos are too much in my opinion. Although it seemed good at the time I’m for a cleaner look. I also am not a fan of the way the “head rests” tie into the back seat. Danny at west coast rushed the hatch and it shows. [emoji107]

We did add the red insert in the seats to bring in some color and I think it was a Good choice.

IMG_2386.jpg

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
Just as bit of a heads up....After 2 years the “red” Alcantara in my boat is not as red as it was when new. I leave my boat inside or covered whenever its not being used but the sun is very hard on red Alcantara. I wouldnt say its pink, but definitely not as red.

Great heads up. We are not doing the red in alcantara, only the silver and black. he Red and white will be marine vinyl

hawgty55

Reaction score
A friend of mine just had his F32 reupholstered by them the interior came out great looks good the only thing that I did not like about it was there was too many F 32s in the interior it was all over the place. Believe us we all know is an F32 lol. good luck

TOBTEK

Reaction score

View attachment 730326

your not ALLOWED to comment........ your steering wheel doesn't even have a center cap. Good Lord, that would never fly in a DCB.
love u long time :) RB. That's even Sub-par for a Stoker :confused:

Last edited:

RCDave

Reaction score
I just did all white in my boat and very happy with the clean and timeless look

Riverbound

Banned
Reaction score
your not ALLOWED to comment........ your steering wheel doesn't even have a center cap. Good Lord, that would never fly in a DCB.
love u long time :) RB. Thanks even Sub-par for a Stoker :confused:

Lol. Seat isn’t bolted in either. In that pic.

TOBTEK

Reaction score
wait on the seat backs till I have the new colored spray chrome up and running ........ PIMP!

hallett21

Reaction score

View attachment 730326

You’re boat was one that got updated right. Kind of agree on the carbon vinyl but yours is another 11/10 IMO

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I’ve read in a few places that the Alacantra wears real bad. It’s gorgeous yes but said at all the touch points it’s good for a season or two, as per why dcb guys are out getting new interior ever couple years :p

What about a base of white then use the silver on the inner sides of the seats and red on outer sides of them then really tone down and minimizing them.

bagged97taco

Reaction score
Ok call me sick but the seat back looks like a chic with her legs a little spread with her hands by her side and a speedo crotch

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Didn’t notice until you said something and now that’s all I can see.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
Yeah like others have said, I think these designs are too busy and don’t match your boat. Too much black. What I really like about your boat is the design is simple, classy, and timeless colors. Personally I would do mostly white vinyl with gray and red inserts and black trim.

nrbr

Reaction score
I really like what you already have if were giving out opinions :)

575cat

Reaction score
I think it looks great the way it is , what are you going to gain but lighten your wallet , a lot of times people are trying to please every one else at your expense . Just me .

Rum Buoy

Reaction score
984C9943-5CBA-4E53-B6FA-1EA3DA9C9868.jpeg 32978618-D92D-47A8-8147-1EC657172EC5.jpeg 59479866-EA3C-4357-8E9A-87B177AB249C.jpeg 51251E6A-0A62-4230-874B-565171AE5092.jpeg Carlos at DCB is an amazing guy...I had side panels, and center display pod made locally. We sent DCB all the interior, and a few weeks later DONE.

Touching base on faded alcantar...I had interior ceramic coated before installation. Not sure if it will help, just FYI.