WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB M-41 1st impressions

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
It's Wednesday January 9th and today is the day I have been waiting on for over a year. There is a buzz amongst the boating locals here in Havasu and on the forums about the new DCB M-41, and the fact that it's on it's way here right now. We have all seen some build pics of the boat, but getting some really good overall shots of the boat have been next to impossible, and DCB hasn't exactly been "forthcoming" with photo's and updates on their new flagship. Hell I even found myself checking out there new "inside out" section of their website periodically to see if there was any updates that I had missed.

I got the call from Tony C that the boat would be arriving in Havasu today, and going straight to Ron's Custom Detail to get cleaned up from the trip. This would be my first opportunity to lay eyes on it in person, get some pics of it for the site, and check out the little details that you aren't going to get by seeing it at a boat show, or going for a quick test ride. Unfortunately I wasn't sure on the ETA, and I actually found out on RDP that the boat was down at Ron's Custom detail... LOL By the time I got there the boat had already been backed into the bay making full length shots next to impossible.

IMG_2868.JPG

What I did get though is a great first impression of the boat, and a couple of the cool little features you probably wouldn't notice if you were to just walk up to it. I also got the answer to the question that everybody keeps asking.. "How the hell do you get in and out of the boat on the water?"

Let me go ahead and state the obvious here, the boat is Massive! I want to hit on that one more time to re-emphasize that, an M-35 is massive on the trailer, this thing is MASSIVE.. Up close and personal it's actually kind of hard to see the boat because damn near everything is overhead, and you can't see the "lines" unless your back from it a bit which was difficult in the bay of RCD.

I immediately went up the 6' ladder with the skill and grace of a jungle cat, and pulled a one handed hop over the side of the windshield landing on both of my feet with the pose that few comic book characters could pull off correctly. At least that's how it looked in my mind anyways, judging by the concerned look on Tony and Dave's face it probably didn't play out like that, but that's neither here nor there, we're here to discuss the boat, not my ninja (or lack there of) skills.

This is the first DCB I have seen that is a complete "glass cockpit." There is no gauges to be seen anywhere, even the trademark GPS speedo's on the backs of the seats are missing. There are 3 giant Garmin screens on the dash and two smaller ones on each side of those as well as two more on the rear of the front seats. At first I was thinking "those aren't for me" but that was quickly alleviated when I saw how bright they were (easily seen in the sun) and the sheer amount of information you can pull from each one, gauges just can't compete with this program. I'll get more into that in a future article on the pro's and cons.

IMG_2873.JPG IMG_2872.JPG

The screens lighting off displaying various information

IMG_2900.JPG IMG_2903.JPG IMG_2904.JPG

So on the trailer some of the "trick shit" that you wouldn't normally notice is the keys for this boat are actually in the glove box. You put the keys in and turn them to the on position and from there you close the glove box and have no need to open it again. There are two push buttons ahead of the throttles to start the engines, and simply push them again to turn them off. The boat is also equipped with a "remote" to lift the hatches wireless that was also stowed in the glove box. There was also a ship to shore radio located in the glove box with the antenna cleverly hidden up in the cabin behind the fender storage.

IMG_2910.JPG

The white remote in the back of the glove box is the remote to raise the hatches.

IMG_2911.JPG

On the rear of the boat I noticed a couple of round chrome pieces that turned out to be external switches for lifting the hatch. Love the fact that they are low profile and you don't even notice them at first unless you are looking for them. I also love the new diamond "non skid" pattern they are implementing into the billet. My humble opinion even though it wouldn't look as good, I'd keep the functionality of the non skid and run it through the "M" as well.

IMG_2870.JPG IMG_2871.JPG

The switch plate was nice and simple and kept to the basics. This would be my preference if I was building one, I've driven boats with 30+ switches for every light or every single little function, and at night trying to figure out what does what can be a pain to the point where you just start flipping switches until you hit the one you want.

IMG_2908.JPG

To answer the big question "How do you get in and out of the boat?" Well apparently there is a carbon fiber ladder being built right now for the boat that will be stored either in the engine bay or up under the deck (I didn't get a definitive answer on where). It will simple pop into a couple of quick pin style holes which will make it exceptionally easy to get in and out. I actually favor this idea because while I generally wear a cape if I don't have it on me, it can be difficult to climb up #6, or in this case # 8 drives to get back into most of these hot rods.

RD

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Some more pics of the 41 while I was at Ron's.

This is vinyl and can be removed.. It does add a little personality to the boat though. :)
IMG_2869.JPG

Custom fender covers embroidered M41

IMG_2890.JPG

IMG_2889.JPG

The monitors certainly make for some clean rigging under the dash. Can anybody really compete with DCB on cleanliness of wiring?
IMG_2888.JPG

IMG_2887.JPG
IMG_2886.JPG

This is a full cabin boat, but other options include jump seats, full size bed, coolers or you name it? The head room was pretty impressive for a west coast cat.
IMG_2885.JPG

IMG_2883.JPG

The carbon fiber on the hatch ram was a nice touch. :)
IMG_2881.JPG

I'm not sure if they added the site tubes to these tanks or not? Either way makes for a quick and easy way to see what's what.
IMG_2879.JPG

IMG_2878.JPG

The gull wing hatches are simply bad ass, there is no disputing it.
IMG_2877.JPG

Note the gel coat and pin lines flow through out the whole boat. Engine bay, gunnel recesses etc.. Everywhere you look they took the time to add the details.
IMG_2875.JPG IMG_2874.JPG

I actually liked the vinyl hold downs more then a billet one. If it wasn't a full windshield boat I'd go with billet because you wouldn't want to get beat to death by one. Being that there is very little wind in the cockpit, I like these better then the hard mount versions because god knows I have whacked my knees and shins on enough grab handles in my lifetime that I am beginning to despise them. There was two billet ones in the center of the back row seats, but the outsides shared this style. (Note pic was taken of front passenger seat)
IMG_2891.JPG

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
A few more pics from Ron's shop. :)

Pic of the hold down on the back outside seats.

IMG_2892.JPG

About as good as I was gonna get for a profile shot inside of Wayne's shop. (For those that don't know Wayne bought Ron's custom detail) Note the sides / deck of this boat are dead straight, and even embarrass mirrors with how they reflect and in smoothness.
IMG_2918.JPG

The underside of the transom. When you put this shape together with what's going on on the topside it has a unique kind of "stealth bomber" kind of theme going on.
IMG_2917.JPG

The business. M8's spinning 41's. * Note this boat will spin 42's easily taking it past the 172 mark.
IMG_2916.JPG

Look at the reflections, no distortion at all. It doesn't get any smoother then that.
IMG_2915.JPG

Top side of the transom. Note Chris from Prestige 2nd from the right.
IMG_2914.JPG

AJ Barrett came over to see the new 41 as well.
IMG_2913.JPG

Bow
IMG_2912.JPG

Gel Details throughout the interior.
IMG_2898.JPG

IMG_2897.JPG

Gel detail and billet grab handle in the gunnel for the outside rear seat.
IMG_2896.JPG

Main electrical panel with switches and breakers under the rear seat.

IMG_2895.JPG

Transom shot 2. Note the shape
IMG_2894.JPG

The M-41
IMG_2919.JPG

RD

NM Bullet

Reaction score
Having seen this thing before it was fully rigged I can say pics DO NOT DO this beauty any justice! Congrats to DCB for hitting it out of the park & to the new owner Win what an awesome ride!

28Eliminator

Reaction score
Wow... Beautiful machine!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tittytalk

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
Nice read Dave.

ductape1000

Here.
Reaction score
Thanks Ninja Dave!! I cant wait to see it at Desert Storm.

sent from a van at the waters edge.

copterzach

Reaction score
Very good read. Thanks ninja Dave

Sent from my iPad
Aggie Class of '97

HighVoltage329

Reaction score
What a machine! Nice job Dave, I felt like I was there checking it out myself.

Weekend Therapy

Reaction score
Thanks for the write up and photos Dave. Whats the story on the Lugo and how many are in line to build 41's now?

Joker

Reaction score
Thanks for posting this up RD, beautiful boat!

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
Didn't see a cigarette lighter in the dash area.............that an option?.........................:D

OutCole'd

Raging Member
Reaction score
Just incredible!:thumbsup

Looking forward to seeing one on the water.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Didn't see a cigarette lighter in the dash area.............that an option?.........................:D

They are always in glove box Carl. But they are power outlets now, not lighters.

You can see it in the back of the box in this pic.

equ9agah.jpg

CampbellCarl

Reaction score
They are always in glove box Carl. But they are power outlets now, not lighters.

You can see it in the back of the box in this pic.

equ9agah.jpg

WTF? How does that work? Stick your ciggy into the power outlet? Is there enough headroom to get in there?......................:grumble:

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
Work of art. I cant wait to read how the East Coast crowed reacts to it in Miami.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
WTF? How does that work? Stick your ciggy into the power outlet? Is there enough headroom to get in there?......................:grumble:

Did you know they have color tv's now?

Hammer

Reaction score

You don't need the cig lighter, you receive a custom engraved waterproof DCB Zippo with your M41 purchase , I believe it's made out of Billet too !

RaceTec

Reaction score
What are those plates in front of the back seat grab handles?
Looks like steps, if so for what, and they sure look like you would smack your legs on them?

srttruck

Reaction score
Nice write up and awesome pics Dave, Thanks.. :thumbup: Is the boat still in Havasu today? I would like to check it out.:D

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
Man that thing just looks Bithin' from top to bottom :thumbsup

Hopefully it will be back for Desert Storm and we'll all get a chance to see it up close and Personal!

BTW......Did they provide a ballpark on the pricing??

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Man that thing just looks Bithin' from top to bottom :thumbsup

Hopefully it will be back for Desert Storm and we'll all get a chance to see it up close and Personal!

BTW......Did they provide a ballpark on the pricing??

I didn't ask, but I would wager right around 1 million. Keep in mind the tilt trailer is around 100k and each motor drive is 200+. Boat is in the mid 4's when ya think about it like that. ;)

Paul65k

Schiada Baby.......Yeah!!
Reaction score
I didn't ask, but I would wager right around 1 million. Keep in mind the tilt trailer is around 100k and each motor drive is 200+. Boat is in the mid 4's when ya think about it like that. ;)

That was the number that was in my head......based on the Skater that was at DS last year with similar power!!!

Sure looks Nice!!!!

PokerRun388

Reaction score
Very nice article RD.:thumbsup

The 175mph speed is very impressive to me with 1350s in a 41ft boat. I remember the M35 Orange boat running about that same top end speed, and thats a much smaller boat. Very nice. The M41 is one sweet boat, I can't wait to see more of them, with wild colors.:thumbsup

Tigebri

Reaction score
DCB never Fails to impress. Great looking boat.

jadenchick

Reaction score
The inside is beyond impressive. The only thing I don't like is the color, it seems so bland to me. I figured they would do something amazing with the colors. I think a matte finish would have been pretty bad ass. Otherwise I can't wait to see it in person!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Awesome boat and great write up! Not sure whats more baller, the boat or that watch Dave is runnin....!

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Baller is having a temporary trailer for a 41' boat while the Taj Mahal is being built.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Baller is having a temporary trailer for a 41' boat while the Taj Mahal is being built.

It's a temp / dog trailer so DCB can haul the boat around, and drop it in the salt etc.. :)

RD

was thatguy

living in a cage of fear
Reaction score
175? ... damn :thumbsup

why are the peak RPM's not equal? ... shouldn't they be? :headscratch:

Dave must have been sitting starboard.....had to compensate!:D

Man, my brain shuts down trying to comprehend owning/ driving/ or even riding in that thing.
Stunning to say the least.