WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB M31 Removable Bow rider

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
I believe they’re, or similar to, the IMCO Gatlin mufflers...

https://imcomarine.com/cal_store/flange-mount-gatlin-muffler-swim-step-style.html
Yeah they’re similar but look a little different. Just curious what they are and how they work
799CF38F-BA99-4F6D-86E8-7E275306F6F3.jpeg

Tank0088

Reaction score
The work and detail that goes into DCB’s is unreal. I wonder how much the employees make that do the fiberglass work, paint prep, etc. I wonder how it makes them feel when they are doing amazing work and they get a little check for making a $500k boat.

Singleton

Reaction score
The work and detail that goes into DCB’s is unreal. I wonder how much the employees make that do the fiberglass work, paint prep, etc. I wonder how it makes them feel when they are doing amazing work and they get a little check for making a $500k boat.

Rumor is DCB treats their employees well.
Everyone I talked to stated they have pride in making each boat better.

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score

They are not turning out the product they are with cheap employees. Cheap employees don’t stay, cheap employees don’t care, cheap employees can’t process the changes and custom details that happens on each boat.

Riverryder

Reaction score
I always wonder how these big names are with the empolyeee. Imagine pump boats like this and going home to no boat or a beat boat? Wonder what the employees have to run for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score

In the industry that I work it is similar. Manufacturers need to help staff understand exactly how important quality is to the longevity of the company and their jobs. A lot of meetings and bonuses monthly based on quality and productivity.

It is always interesting to see what goes into a boat build.

FreeBird236

Reaction score
For me it's hard to believe there's anybody making boats at DCB that doesn't want to be there.

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
For me it's hard to believe there's anybody making boats at DCB that doesn't want to be there.
All of our employees make really good money and really want to be here as well... The reason our boats are as nice as they can be and everyone here cares tremendously about the product they build. 90 percent of our employees have been here 10 plus years. Very low turn around here...

n2otoofast4u

Reaction score
All of our employees make really good money and really want to be here as well... The reason our boats are as nice as they can be and everyone here cares tremendously about the product they build. 90 percent of our employees have been here 10 plus years. Very low turn around here...

Amen!!!!!

You get what you pay for! Employees, and employers should both understand this! Turnover is a HUGE setback to profit!

sw1

Reaction score
Great question... We actually remove the deck from the mold and cut the open bow hole. We then put the deck and cut section back into the mold to build the flange for the deck section to fit perfectly. This way it is the same exact shape and will not look like an after thought.
We will have all four corners at a 45 degree angle with threaded insert in it. The flange will be sealed with a "D" shaped foam and the lid is through bolted to the boat so when on, it is safe and secure. This is the fourth boat we have done with option, and the new owner has the other 31 that has the same option now.
When you want to remove the lid, just un-screw the fasteners and leave it in your garage an enjoy the open bow that is flush with the deck of the boat and is very stealth looking.
Let me know if you need to know anything else.
Thanks

Where are the photos of the deck in place ?

HubbaHubbaLife

Reaction score
Here is how it looks with it on and off. We had it displayed at the LA Show. View attachment 873394 View attachment 873395 View attachment 873396
That's a great feature Tony. Really appreciate the way you walk us through your processes at DCB. As an offshore boater I'd imagine this removable bow riding feature will be copied for use on smaller offshore boats that may take an occasional swell over the bow. Builders would need to make water tight in that application. Personally my open bow area is the place everyone wants to be on calm sea days. I call it the VIP lounge.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
I think I’m digging these removable bow 31 boats. How do they run vs the standard deck?
Difference of a little weight due to having full interior up front. It’s the same as for say their mcob boats but with the option to cover it up. I’d assume equal everything except open bow and a closed bow isn’t but 3-5mph on top end, but should plane a little faster due to that extra weight in the bow.

gordon

Reaction score
Had no idea that much work went into the running service on bottom of boat. So cool to see

575cat

Reaction score
How fast do you think your gonna go with people up front , I wouldnt have it in my M31 no way , every body runs up front .

farmo83

Reaction score
How fast do you think your gonna go with people up front , I wouldnt have it in my M31 no way , every body runs up front .

My Mom (who hates speed) has been I think 110 ish in the bowrider of a 30 daytona. Maybe it won't be that bad?

SMPLV

Reaction score
She is all capped and polished now... Owner decided to go with a full cap and add a nice pin line as an additional graphic on the front. Notice the custom flange on the open bow. This M-31 is getting a removable bow cover (like a rumble seat) The hard lid will have all of the graphics on the top and bottom. Check out the matching graphics on the flange as well. This boat is also getting the first set of the new and improved 700 SCI engines with the new blowers. View attachment 803321 View attachment 803322 View attachment 803323 View attachment 803324 View attachment 803325 View attachment 803326 View attachment 803327 View attachment 803328 View attachment 803329 View attachment 803330 View attachment 803331 View attachment 803332 View attachment 803333 View attachment 803334
Colors are beautiful Tony. I’m curious how you guys get the stringers and bilge areas perfect since that’s the “ugly” side of the composites/materials. That side isn’t popped from a mold, so do the guys body work it all then gel?

Last edited:

ChevelleSB406

Reaction score
Colors are beautiful Tony. I’m curious how you guys get the stringers and bilge areas perfect since that’s the “ugly” side of the composites/materials. That side isn’t popped from a mold, so do the guys body work it all then gel?

Tony could answer best, but I believe that is handled by being an "inner liner" and a separate insert that is indeed popped from a mold with that pretty side showing, and sits over the "back side" of the hull layup.