WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB Mach 22 w/twin Merc 300's (What props to use?)

sandstorm

Reaction score
I have twin 300's on my mach 22, not happy with take off. I would like to jump on plane fast, not worried about my top speed at all. I have 32 Klevers on motors now. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Regards, Mike

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
I had a 26 with twin 300s and clevers. I hated them. It's like they would spool up but not get traction. I switched to vented Bravo 1s and loved them. Didn't spool up as high, but grabbed a lot better and got out of the hole better. I also had faster top end numbers.

I tried a pair of BBlade Blasters and they seemed like the perfect mix. They vent over the hub but have ears like a Bravo. Had I kept my boat I would have bought a pair of those for it.

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
Try the new Mercury Bravo OC's. They are made for twin OB cats only. I have tried them and love them.

That prop looks like a vented Bravo 1 :D Not sure how it's that much different than a B1 with "PVS" vents.

sandstorm

Reaction score
Thanks for the help guys!!!!!I am a rookie at outboards.................

Iman

Reaction score
I have a few sets of props if you are interested

HavaToon

Reaction score
That prop looks like a vented Bravo 1 :D Not sure how it's that much different than a B1 with "PVS" vents.

14.75" vs 15.25" diameter
Re-shaped blades to match the smaller diameter
8 hole PVS vs 4 hole for better tuning
Further shortened exhaust barrel

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score
14.75" vs 15.25" diameter
Re-shaped blades to match the smaller diameter
8 hole PVS vs 4 hole for better tuning
Further shortened exhaust barrel

Got it:thumbup: I loved my vented B-1s and the BBlades I tried were Iman's. Those were awesome props too. It sounds like Merc has finally dialed in the right props for cats with OBs. I suspect the resurgence in OB popularity with the introduction of the 300XS has helped fuel the fire.

HavaToon

Reaction score
Got it:thumbup: I loved my vented B-1s and the BBlades I tried were Iman's. Those were awesome props too. It sounds like Merc has finally dialed in the right props for cats with OBs. I suspect the resurgence in OB popularity with the introduction of the 300XS has helped fuel the fire.

Merc has for sure stepped up there OB prop game over the last year.

New props for 2014/2015

B1 XS - 300xs now with 1/2" pitch increments
B1 FS - Heavy 2 and 4 stroke OB and stern drive
B1 OC - twin OB Cat specific
B1 XC - single engine version of the OC

81eliminator

Reaction score

It is a Bravo 1 with 2 holes and the exhaust ring cut off.
I have been running Bravo 1's with this done to them for 3 or 4 years, they work great on my 25 Eliminator Daytona with twin 300 X motors.
Good hole shot, top end around 96 mph. can pull skiers and haul a boat load of people.

sandstorm

Reaction score
I have been running Bravo 1's with this done to them for 3 or 4 years, they work great on my 25 Eliminator Daytona with twin 300 X motors.
Good hole shot, top end around 96 mph. can pull skiers and haul a boat load of people.

That sounds about what everyone else has told me. Thanks for the help. Mike

Chipster27

B Team Member #27
Reaction score

Just 2 holes? Mine always had 4, one for each blade. I think my holes were 1", what size are the new ones if they are just running 2?

stoker2001

Reaction score
Just 2 holes? Mine always had 4, one for each blade. I think my holes were 1", what size are the new ones if they are just running 2?
Pretty sure its not factory drilled vent holes if it has 2 or 4..the aftermarket prop shops started doing these mods way befor mother merc jumped on bandwagon..
These holes only affect holeshot,all modern outboard bravo props have 8 total (two per blade)that give it more tunability..Merc has PVS plastic inserts to plug completly or make the 1" hole smaller

Are these Motors on Mach22 3.0 300HP or 2.5 drag 300HP??big diff when selecting props..
cant imagine twin 3 liters on mach22,but crazier things have happened..

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
I would call up bblades and get a set of 30-32 blasters for your setup. It's a great all around prop and the boat will plane very easy. Bblades has a rental program which is great! They will loan you props for 4-5 days to try out, if you like them they charge your credit card and if you don't like them or want to go up or down in pitch send them back and they send you out another set you just pay the shipping!

sandstorm

Reaction score
Pretty sure its not factory drilled vent holes if it has 2 or 4..the aftermarket prop shops started doing these mods way befor mother merc jumped on bandwagon..
These holes only affect holeshot,all modern outboard bravo props have 8 total (two per blade)that give it more tunability..Merc has PVS plastic inserts to plug completly or make the 1" hole smaller

Are these Motors on Mach22 3.0 300HP or 2.5 drag 300HP??big diff when selecting props..
cant imagine twin 3 liters on mach22,but crazier things have happened..

Yes 3.0 300 hp on my mach 22. I ordered bravo 1's and going to have them drilled. Will keep you posted......

sandstorm

Reaction score
I put the Bravo ones with a 28 pitch and drilled on my 300's and boy did that make a huge difference. She jumps out of the water now........ Thanks for all of the input. Mike