WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB, or Nordic + $90K in your pocket?

BUDMAN

HAVASU BOUND
Reaction score
Bad ass DCB for sure. But I'll take the Nordic and pocket the rest, but I'm biased I know the Nordic

HavaToon

Reaction score
Id take the Nordic Based on magazine reviews for each boat the Nordic out preformed the DCB.

JRS1939

Reaction score
I'd save another 75k and buy buckles m35 😁

srttruck

Reaction score
I'd go with the Nordic and a side order of bolt ons. Then you would have the ultimate set, a pair of clamp-ons and a pair of bolt-ons!:D

SJP

WHTBRD
Reaction score
I'd save another 75k and buy buckles m35 

This - if you are considering the M29 with wackers at that price I would be looking at a number of other boats.

Enen

Reaction score
That is a tough choice. DCB sets the bar in West Coast cats. On the other hand Nordic, under the stewardship of the Davis family has taken that brand right to the top of their game. The boats have the same power. I would guess build materials and quality are very similar between the two. Pragmatically it is tough to justify the additional cost of the DCB in this comparison, especially when you consider a pair of bolt on's to keep mamma bear happy, and a new rig to haul your bad ass boat around with.

Don Johnson

Don Johnson
Reaction score
The Nordic and I own a DCB. I feel the 28SS is the best looking and possibly best performing center pod boat in that size class.

X-rated

Reaction score
I think you have to ask yourself the hard question.....red or blue??

JD D05

Reaction score
Can't go wrong there. But I chose the Nordic...

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Both are beautiful but I have always really liked that Nordic.

Everyone knows red is faster:D

YoPengo

Inmate #47
Reaction score
I'd take the Nordic and pocket the cash. Both are beautiful boats but resale and the % of $ you keep... Would be my deciding factor.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
This - if you are considering the M29 with wackers at that price I would be looking at a number of other boats.

100% agree, that I would be looking at some other boats if dropping over $200K. Between the 2, I would go with the DCB because I don't like the center pod on the Nordic.

koenig

Reaction score
Normally Id say DCB, but they are close in performance and quality, like saving bucks. I'll give this one to Nordic.

Iman

Reaction score
Normally Id say DCB, but they are close in performance and quality, like saving bucks. I'll give this one to Nordic.

Performance (speed) is not even in the ballpark.

Waterheater

Reaction score
What are the boats running on top end? I don't think I heard what the top speed was for either boat. I also vote for the Nordic.

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
The dcb has a center pod as well.

When I said "center pod" I should have said "center controls".

I prefer a right side helm with throttle in my right hand so not a big fan of the center controls.

I guess if I was talking about the hull of the boat, I probably would have said "center sponson"

Boat211

Reaction score
Nordic told me 110 and that DCB Im guessing mid to high 90's. Im just guessing though.

Boat211

Reaction score

I prefer a right side helm with throttle in my right hand so not a big fan of the center controls.

I guess if I was talking about the hull of the boat, I probably would have said "center sponson"

I want port side steering with a foot throttle personally.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score

Nordic builds it both ways.. With the center console and left side throttle, or no center console and right hand throttles.

As far as the boats themselves even though one is a 28, and one is a 29 they strike me as very different boats. the F-29 / M-29 is MASSIVE. The 28SS would be more comparable to the Mach 26 / F - 26 both in size and performance.

If it was a rough water lake, I'd take the size of the DCB. For fun / sporty / snappy Outboard performance I'd take the Nordic of these two. Hard to argue with either though as they are both bad ass boats.

RD

JD D05

Reaction score
Nordic builds it both ways.. With the center console and left side throttle, or no center console and right hand throttles.

As far as the boats themselves even though one is a 28, and one is a 29 they strike me as very different boats. the F-29 / M-29 is MASSIVE. The 28SS would be more comparable to the Mach 26 / F - 26 both in size and performance.

If it was a rough water lake, I'd take the size of the DCB. For fun / sporty / snappy Outboard performance I'd take the Nordic of these two. Hard to argue with either though as they are both bad ass boats.

RD

I wonder what they both measure out too...I do know a 28SS is about a foot longer than a Heat. But yes the M-29 is a much taller boat.

JRS1939

Reaction score
uploadfromtaptalk1416595004014.jpg

If the 29 is in your price range, I'd be thinking about this F32 also....

spectras only

Reaction score
Both have 300's whackers:p. I'd take both for a test drive in three footers and see which one handles the rough better. Never ridden in either of them so can't say how good they're in the rough, I have experience in 30 Spectre in the ocean with same power [ 104 mph top ] it handles the chop pretty good. It could be had for way way below 100K. If someone wants to brag about fit, finish and rigging go for the DCB.:bowdown:

Liberated

Reaction score
Both have 300's whackers:p. I'd take both for a test drive in three footers and see which one handles the rough better. Never ridden in either of them so can't say how good they're in the rough, I have experience in 30 Spectre in the ocean with same power [ 104 mph top ] it handles the chop pretty good. It could be had for way way below 100K. If someone wants to brag about fit, finish and rigging go for the DCB.:bowdown:

You have obviously not looked at our fit, finish and rigging in quite some time! :hmm

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
They are both really nice boats!!!!

When can we schedule a showing.

spectras only

Reaction score
You have obviously not looked at our fit, finish and rigging in quite some time! :hmm

I did, in person at your plant! Your boats are awesome:thumbup:. I was pitting the OL against the DCB per price point.;)