WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB v hulls??? or old Hallett

KDW

Reaction score
hello all first I wants to say Thanks to RDP for letting mr register.

I have a question about two older boats im looking at buying 2008 28 dcb v hull with mercury race motor super charge or a 2002 Hallett 30 feet with twins 500efi.....this with be my first power boat meaning im coming from a 22 ft chaparral (production boat) my question is which boat will give performance? ride? speed etc also looking resale.

Runs2rch

Reaction score
Depends on what you after. Two completely different boats.

Coming from a 22ft Chaparral do you have experience driving performance boats?

KDW

Reaction score
no but I've been boat for since I was 15 and im 55 now. Im looking for someting classy dose not have to be the fastest thing but good ride in the upper Rs....

.I see you have a Hallett 30? how is it?

Runs2rch

Reaction score
That DCB sounds like it would be perfect for you.

port austin pirate

Reaction score
Hallett will ride smoother in rough water, twins are a safety factor if your on big water low speed handeling better with twins, but twice the cost on repairs and maint and use more fuel i dont know what drives are on Hallett I assume bravo xr if not weak link even xrs are prone to failure, dcb and Hallett both excellent quality dcb will have xr drive , newer engine tech better fuel mileage dcbs may be a little above Hallett in quality, i would suspect the performance would be close as far as top speed and take off i would guess mid 70s to 80 for top speed, no first hand knowledge with either, Friend has a 28 dcb with 600 sc runs around 75 to 80 depending on load en weather conditions, newer boat may hold better resale value, just a little input from a gezzer hope it helps good luck both nice rides

PAL

Reaction score
2006 and Newer Layup is what I would look for

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
no but I've been boat for since I was 15 and im 55 now. Im looking for someting classy dose not have to be the fastest thing but good ride in the upper Rs....

.I see you have a Hallett 30? how is it?

go with the Hallett.. if ya want a real world lesson in driving twins let me know. It’s a lot easier than a single around the docks!

KDW

Reaction score
Ok all thanks for all the support and help it looks like the guy sold Dcb so I sleep too long I’ll keep looking thanks

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Ok all thanks for all the support and help it looks like the guy sold Dcb so I sleep too long I’ll keep looking thanks

I got a friend that is selling a Hallett 300 that’s nice