WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCB

MooreMoney

Reaction score
His son still goes to the regatta every year with the Spooled up racing team. I have wondered what happened to Dave and where he landed.

What is Dave up to today? I see all these boats coming out of DCB and think it will always be Daves Custom Boats. He was way ahead of the curve back then. Hope he and his family are doing well.

Rayson1971

Reaction score
Anybody know why he pulled away from DCB in the first place?

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Last I heard he was investing in Real Estate with his son.

Tank

Reaction score
This thread reminded me I hadn’t talked to Dave in a while. I text him a bit ago to check in. He said he’s doing great and is very blessed he’s able to do a lot of travel and enjoy his passion of surfing all over the world. Enjoying himself and living the life!

C1AD9C27-C6AA-475E-AF96-D665D1CF03D7.jpeg

C29BEF6E-7F41-4B22-8BCD-5C26EFA9F07B.jpeg

HNL2LHC

What is right and what is wrong these days!
Reaction score
This thread reminded me I hadn’t talked to Dave in a while. I text him a bit ago to check in. He said he’s doing great and is very blessed he’s able to do a lot of travel and enjoy his passion of surfing all over the world. Enjoying himself and living the life!

View attachment 864053

View attachment 864054

I guess it more like.....Dave’s Custom Boards

mbrown2

Reaction score

Good for Dave to be out there enjoying life....from what he started with to where he took it with the M series....it was a remarkable feat for any business owner.

I remember meeting with him in the early 90's on a Skater 21 build as he had a relationship with Skater and Eliminator but he was also tooling the Mach 22 hull.... Those were the days... 2.5 Outboards that you could get for 11K-13K new, and reasonable priced fast 21-22 ft cats!

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
Sounds like he is still having fun and has a new adventure.

gqchris

Reaction score

View attachment 864053

View attachment 864054

Living the dream it looks like to me! Amazing and although I will never be able to do that personally, it seems like he has discovered paradise!

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
Dave looks like he’s in a good place. I’m sure Tony will make it to that place also with his talent.
He did assemble a great team and most of us are still here. The end result is always the same... Build the best and put everything you have in what you do. everyone here has the pride and we are all a great team.

attitude

Reaction score
Dave is a great guy, I remember at the LA boat show the year DCB unveiled the M35 I was in his booth drooling over it, being a young kid at the time (around11-12 I believe) instead of talking to potential customers he came over and talked to me about it and he even let me crawl inside and took some pics of me at the wheel. He also took my email down and would send me build pics of different boats after the show.👍

Last edited:

Riverhound

Reaction score
Mid 90's the wife and I were shopping for a new boat when we talked with Dave about building a Mach 26. Ultimately, we decided to go the used route instead and after telling Dave, thanks but, no thanks we went on our merry way. Soon after I found a 2 year old Mach and called Dave to ask him a few questions about the boat, he couldn't have been nicer and basically gave me the build sheet for the boat. He was super excited we were able to get into one of his boats and every time we ran into him he remembered our names, the details of the boat and even went for a ride with me at one of the regattas to make sure I knew everything about the boat. Pretty cool considering we didn't even build the boat new with him.

He treated us wonderfully and made us feel like part of a family, not just another customer who bought a product.

Very happy to hear he's doing well and enjoying life. Great guy!

PlanB

Reaction score
Mid 90's the wife and I were shopping for a new boat when we talked with Dave about building a Mach 26. Ultimately, we decided to go the used route instead and after telling Dave, thanks but, no thanks we went on our merry way. Soon after I found a 2 year old Mach and called Dave to ask him a few questions about the boat, he couldn't have been nicer and basically gave me the build sheet for the boat. He was super excited we were able to get into one of his boats and every time we ran into him he remembered our names, the details of the boat and even went for a ride with me at one of the regattas to make sure I knew everything about the boat. Pretty cool considering we didn't even build the boat new with him.

He treated us wonderfully and made us feel like part of a family, not just another customer who bought a product.

Very happy to hear he's doing well and enjoying life. Great guy!

Had to be late 90's. I was going to build a Mach 22 when the Mach 26 came out. We built a 26 instead of the 22 and took delivery in February of 2000. I think the first one built was in 99.

Our first DCB was a 21 Daytona that I ordered in late 95. Dave had a 24 Skater in the shop (the old shop) that was being rigged at the same time.

Riverhound

Reaction score
Had to be late 90's. I was going to build a Mach 22 when the Mach 26 came out. We built a 26 instead of the 22 and took delivery in February of 2000. I think the first one built was in 99.

Our first DCB was a 21 Daytona that I ordered in late 95. Dave had a 24 Skater in the shop (the old shop) that was being rigged at the same time.
Your right... i had my decades mixed up. Our Mach 26 was a 2004 and it was 2 years old when we bought it.

Tank0088

Reaction score
In 2004 my dad bought a 28 Extreme and he still has it. Dave and Carlos were always very helpful at the shop, over the phone while stuck on the water or at the regattas. One thing I was always happy about was their stickers. Whenever my dad or got a new truck we needed DCB stickers. They always have them out with no questions.

I have a Howard now and I can’t get one no matter what I do.

Bullet28

Nor Cal Delta
Reaction score
In 2004 my dad bought a 28 Extreme and he still has it. Dave and Carlos were always very helpful at the shop, over the phone while stuck on the water or at the regattas. One thing I was always happy about was their stickers. Whenever my dad or got a new truck we needed DCB stickers. They always have them out with no questions.

I have a Howard now and I can’t get one no matter what I do.

If you want, PM me you info I’ll send you one.

Ray

Tony DCB Boats

Reaction score
I had DCB build 3 boats for me. It was always a pleasure to deal with Dave and the crew. Every time the boats exceeded my expectations.
You guys are the best and these comments are nice with this virus around us.... We are still doing everything possible to set the bar and maintaining it is tough with all of the nice competition around us.
Our team is very special and we treat them all as family. We build boats, but in reality, build a solid relationship as well.
I started here in 1993 and continue to put my heart in soul into it...
Thank you all...
-Tony

Swain

Reaction score
Now lets start talking about how nice Tony is... I was going to be in the area a few weeks back and Tony said I could stop in and check out the shop ETC. I didn't end up going out that way due to the Covid deal but it was very cool for him to take the time and text me back about stopping in and showing me around. Great guy.

Jason

PlanB

Reaction score
Now lets start talking about how nice Tony is... I was going to be in the area a few weeks back and Tony said I could stop in and check out the shop ETC. I didn't end up going out that way due to the Covid deal but it was very cool for him to take the time and text me back about stopping in and showing me around. Great guy.

Jason

He is truly one of the best guys in the industry. The whole crew at DCB was always great through our builds, but Tony always went above and beyond to help us out.