WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DCM/Howard 21' Cruiser

guest hs

Reaction score
Yes, that’s the plan. We really don’t yet. Being the first one, we really don’t know until it’s done. Not sure on the interior yet or floor covering( sea deck, carpet, or??). Maybe by the boat show we can kind of see where we are at and get a ballpark.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I would defently do 40 oz marine carpet show of some of the balsa if possible back to back buckets with a bench in the back and storage lid behind that. I wouldn’t do Sea grass or anything else like that, products like those are fine for a pontoon but not a custom boat. Will you be putting any trim tabs on it?

Outdrive1

Outdrive1 Marine Sales https://www.outdrive1.com/
Reaction score
I would defently do 40 oz marine carpet show of some of the balsa if possible back to back buckets with a bench in the back and storage lid behind that. I wouldn’t do Sea grass or anything else like that, products like those are fine for a pontoon but not a custom boat. Will you be putting any trim tabs on it?

Carpet for sure in the cockpit. Maybe sea deck under the hatch where the rigging is.

RodnJen

Reaction score
The boat looks fantastic. IF someone was looking for a good, all-around performance boat with a lot of room, this would be and excellent setup.

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Haven’t had much time lately but I finished all the rigging minus steering hoses. That’s next.

IMG_0454.JPG
IMG_0455.JPG
IMG_0457.JPG

This switch panel and key will be in the side panel.

IMG_0431.JPG
IMG_0433.JPG
IMG_0434.JPG
IMG_0456.JPG

tony

Reaction score
I'm not a huge outboard fan but I would love to have this deal! This deal should have a ton of interior room. What speeds should this hit? Does it have a belly fuel tank?

Last edited:

Oilman

Reaction score
Teaser shot!!!

rivrrts429

Arch Stanton...
Reaction score
Damn, that boat is beautiful.

Care to share any details on how it performed with the 400?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
The shifter isn’t mounted. We only ran it to make sure everything worked. Next week hopefully we can get some time in it.

pronstar

President, Dallas Chapter
Reaction score
I want this.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

76 Southwind

Reaction score
Did this ever get finished? I sure it did just would like to see the finished product...

guest hs

Reaction score
So is Boat for sale? What kinda speed did you get from it? Did you figure out a price if it is for sale?

MaxedOutMarine

Maxed Out Marine, https://www.maxedoutmarine.com/
Reaction score
So is Boat for sale? What kinda speed did you get from it? Did you figure out a price if it is for sale?

Boat is not for sale at this time and working on pricing. Still prop testing have been in the mid 70’s with the boat effortlessly. I’m pretty happy with the outcome. Next update on this will be a full right up with RD with pricing and full details on the boat.

guest hs

Reaction score
Will you be building more of these or would you take an order for one?

MaxedOutMarine

Maxed Out Marine, https://www.maxedoutmarine.com/
Reaction score
Will you be building more of these or would you take an order for one?

Yes another one is already scheduled to go into the mold and will gladly take an order for one when pricing is all worked out [emoji106]

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
2 weeks...

Seriously though. That thing is f-ing beautiful. Well done.

Doc

2022 32 Doug Wright
Reaction score
Got to go for a quick ride yesterday with Ricky and he was nice enough to let me drive it. I don't do reviews so bare with me lol.

Appearance, boat came out great! Color scheme looks sharp and the black 400r with the red lines blend in perfect on it. The boat sits on a silver triple axle trailer that has been talked about before but but the whole package just blends in perfect!

Interior, all white, simple and clean and honestly better fit for that boat then newer bling style stuff imho. Seats were extremely comfortable, nice side bolsters and you felt planted very well in them. They have Mercury's newest vessel view reading out all the motors vitals and for me personally I prefer that setup then a dash full of gauges. You can customize the screen with what readout's you want and logs data for you ect ect. Boat has plenty of room in it between front and back seats and I feel 5 adults would be just fine if you wanted to. The spacing between front seats and dash is just right if you ask me, not to far back or to far forward.

On to the good stuff performance!! Boat came on plane in about 3 seconds or less, as soon as you threw the stick forward is shot right out. It didn't lift the bow sky high or anything. As soon as the rpm shot to 32-3400 it was already flat, super impressed. Mercury's power steering on the 400r is awesome, any speed with two fingers you are able to turn the wheel. Yesterday was mellow of course not many boats at all but a little bit of wind that made some decent chop heading down toward the dam and boat just ran right through it! I was really shocked considering it has no tabs or plates how well it worked, it had no hop at any speeds it was simple point and shoot. The boat cruises nicely at 50-60 mph at around 5k rpm range motor is super quiet inside the boat. Cruising right along at 40mph push on the the throttle and boat pins you in the seat pretty good and holds you there due to the torque of these supercharged 4 strokes. It's not a neck snapper or anything but really impressed!

Overall I was really impressed with the whole boat from colors, interior, ride ect. I've had nothing but 2 stroke outboards and these new motors are just awesome!!

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Got to go for a quick ride yesterday with Ricky and he was nice enough to let me drive it. I don't do reviews so bare with me lol.

Appearance, boat came out great! Color scheme looks sharp and the black 400r with the red lines blend in perfect on it. The boat sits on a silver triple axle trailer that has been talked about before but but the whole package just blends in perfect!

Interior, all white, simple and clean and honestly better fit for that boat then newer bling style stuff imho. Seats were extremely comfortable, nice side bolsters and you felt planted very well in them. They have Mercury's newest vessel view reading out all the motors vitals and for me personally I prefer that setup then a dash full of gauges. You can customize the screen with what readout's you want and logs data for you ect ect. Boat has plenty of room in it between front and back seats and I feel 5 adults would be just fine if you wanted to. The spacing between front seats and dash is just right if you ask me, not to far back or to far forward.

On to the good stuff performance!! Boat came on plane in about 3 seconds or less, as soon as you threw the stick forward is shot right out. It didn't lift the bow sky high or anything. As soon as the rpm shot to 32-3400 it was already flat, super impressed. Mercury's power steering on the 400r is awesome, any speed with two fingers you are able to turn the wheel. Yesterday was mellow of course not many boats at all but a little bit of wind that made some decent chop heading down toward the dam and boat just ran right through it! I was really shocked considering it has no tabs or plates how well it worked, it had no hop at any speeds it was simple point and shoot. The boat cruises nicely at 50-60 mph at around 5k rpm range motor is super quiet inside the boat. Cruising right along at 40mph push on the the throttle and boat pins you in the seat pretty good and holds you there due to the torque of these supercharged 4 strokes. It's not a neck snapper or anything but really impressed!

Overall I was really impressed with the whole boat from colors, interior, ride ect. I've had nothing but 2 stroke outboards and these new motors are just awesome!!

Thanks Jimmy. [emoji106]

vdcruiser

Reaction score
Are there any updates on this, like pics of the finished interior, top speed etc. Has another hull been laid up ?

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Are there any updates on this, like pics of the finished interior, top speed etc. Has another hull been laid up ?

We’ve really only done a little prop testing but now that the season is over we will
Probably have more time. It’s seen just about 80. The motor is going up a little and I have the interior out of it to add tabs. I haven’t driven it yet. It just hasn’t worked out timing wise. Ricky tells me it accelerates really hard. Has great midrange. I know he had driven a KMG with a 400 the same day and he said the DCM pulls way harder.

I was looking in my phone, I really thought I had pics but I don’t see any.

I think the plan is lay another one up at some point, Ricky was talking about it the other day but I don’t know if he has committed to it yet.

Last edited:

Outdrive1

Reaction score
Duplicate post.