WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deadliest Catch Tonite

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
I read someplace that Cornelia Marie is a lady that lives in Seattle that financed Phils operation.
She prefers no publicity and wants no mention of her on the program.

The family friend that is now going to Captain the CM was mentioned by the Hillstrand bros,, and I took their take of, and confidence in the guy as very low. In fact,, none.

I was thinking just maybe Johnathan would have stepped into that at least for a year. Especially sense his brother was running the opie season.

Starbuck74

Reaction score
I read someplace that Cornelia Marie is a lady that lives in Seattle that financed Phils operation.
She prefers no publicity and wants no mention of her on the program.

The family friend that is now going to Captain the CM was mentioned by the Hillstrand bros,, and I took their take of, and confidence in the guy as very low. In fact,, none.

Yeah, Cornelia Marie is Phil's friends' ex wife. She got it in the divorce after he and Phil became partners. Phil stayed on with her.

About the camera man. He'd been explaining to Phil how TV and video all work with telling a story, beginning, middle, and end.

When Phil called him into the room, Phil wrote (couldn't talk) that he needed to film the end, which is why the camera was in the hospital room. That's the part where I got all teary-eyed.

What a country, or way of life when some regular dude becomes a folk hero to us. I know it's all about money with Discovery, but they really did this right.

TBI

Thumbless Wonder
Reaction score
When Phil's son and Johnathan were on Leno Monday night, his boy said they needed to come up with about 2mil to buy out the other partner of the CM

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
I was thinking just maybe Johnathan would have stepped into that at least for a year. Especially sense his brother was running the opie season.

The Hillstrands have been talking up retirement, and letting the younger relatives run the ship.

Zaairman

Tig ole bitties
Reaction score
Deadliest Catch just aired.... Yup, that was the tough one. :cool: :cry:

Capt. Phil tribute is on now.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
As tough as it looks on TV,,,
I think the job they do is even way, way tougher that we see.

Just Electric

freway offramp panhandler
Reaction score
was a bitchen episode to say the least cool father and son stories:thumbsup

Flyinbowtie

Reaction score
Off the hook, tribute was well done for sure.
I hope the sons are able to put the $ togther to do what they are trying to do.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Discovery Channel....they did Capitan Phil Harris right.

The show was excellent and thats all I can say. :thumbsup:thumbsup

riverratmike

Reaction score
awesome 2hr show tonight. Phil was a amazing person and will be missed.

OldSchool1964

Reaction score
I couldn't agree more with the sentiments expressed here, Phil was one of those "one of a kind" type of guys that you feel like you knew after all these years. I still like his "crab fart" theory even after captain Keith put it down with his comments.
I always wondered why Josh and Jake looked so different than their father and now I know after seeing their mother for the first time.

Mr.Puck

Reaction score
What an awsome showing of Love from his fellow Captains :thumbsup

I never really cared for Keith until last night, he's been growing on me this season with the whole chew thing between he and his daughter, I've gotten a few laughs, but his tribute to Phil was the very touching and showed true chact. not TV b.s.

"After the Catch" Some of the stories and sayings of Phil....WOW

Does a fat baby fart! LOL :rotflmao:

Discovery did an excellent job!:bowdown:

Sleek-Jet

Reaction score
It was a good tribute... I watched it, but kept getting some dust or something in my eyes...

John

better member
Reaction score
It was a good tribute... I watched it, but kept getting some dust or something in my eyes...

me too! it was windy last night and I had the window open next to me.

honestly, to see how it hurts other grown men when their close friend dies, it brought back memories of how much it hurt to have my buddy Jory pass earlier this year.

Bense

Reaction score
I poured one for the SOB.

RIP PHIL

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
Great tribute...... He was a hard working one of a kind individual:champagne::D

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
What an awsome showing of Love from his fellow Captains :thumbsup

I never really cared for Keith until last night, he's been growing on me this season with the whole chew thing between he and his daughter, I've gotten a few laughs, but his tribute to Phil was the very touching and showed true chact. not TV b.s.

"After the Catch" Some of the stories and sayings of Phil....WOW

Does a fat baby fart! LOL :rotflmao:

Discovery did an excellent job!:bowdown:

Not to much of Kieth this season. Smart move by the producers. To much Kieth = Bad.

I read in the paper that it's estimated last nights show was the most watched Discovery Channel show on record. Phil's life was portrayed and we cared enough to watch it in masses. Nice!!

Sorry, something is in my eye again.;)

Side note - Phil builds (built) bird houses and Harley's. Interesting.