spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score
Maybe it's a liberal conspiracy to get us to get rid of our boats

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
I just want to make sure since it is a warm water lake and nearby lakes have been officially confirmed of having it. You can't go anywhere...you can't even boat in San Diego Bay due to pollution from Mexico. WTF?

All growing up nobody and I mean nobody from where I lived went to mission bay.. Sewage from Mexico, pollution etc..

I never went until I was in my 20’s for a couple poker runs and thunder boats.

I haven’t gone s lot but I see people jet skiing, swimming, fishing etc..

Not me! Lol. But I’d run a boat in it.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
I did find the list via Facebook. I've been following articles about confirmed K9 deaths throughout the South, plus Oregon, Idaho and Washington and other states throughout the country, plus some kids getting sick. It may not be present on the ENTIRE lake, but in warmer coves and relatively stagnant waters it can pop up rapidly, even overnight, as was said.

With that in mind, there is NO WAY I would expose my kids or pets to that shit. Instead of questioning the source, I'd be playing it safe. My dogs are too precious to me to chance it.

Bailey.jpg

brgrcru

Reaction score
Parker strip has it also
So Parker strip is closed .
Take your boats , back home , lock up your vacation homes and leave.

Doubt some of the fresh water lakes, shasta pine flats, Milerton, would have to be so minimal .

BajaMike

Reaction score

None of those links have any list of the lakes affected or any intelligent information at all other than hysteria.

I’d like to see an official “non-Facebook” list and also take the recent advice of BoatCop.....and also stay away from stale, stagnant water (which we all avoid anyway).

Not sure how much is real and how much is media created.

Remember when the big deal was the horrors of “Red Tide” at the beach a few years ago? As a kid we used to love to surf in San Clemente during “Red Tide” at night because of the fluorescent water as the waves break, and you body would glow.

And it was a good excuse to bring girls down to the beach at night with some beer.....actual show vs the “submarine races”.

4Waters

Reaction score
None of those links have any list of the lakes affected or any intelligent information at all other than hysteria.

I’d like to see an official “non-Facebook” list and also take the recent advice of BoatCop.....and also stay away from stale, stagnant water (which we all avoid anyway).

Not sure how much is real and how much is media created.

Remember when the big deal was the horrors of “Red Tide” at the beach a few years ago? As a kid we used to love to surf in San Clemente during “Red Tide” at night because of the fluorescent water as the waves break, and you body would glow.

And it was a good excuse to bring girls down to the beach at night with some beer.....actual show vs the “submarine races”.
I can tell you for sure that Castiac and Pyramid both have the algae bloom and have had it for at least 3 weeks.

BajaMike

Reaction score
I can tell you for sure that Castiac and Pyramid both have the algae bloom and have had it for at least 3 weeks.

Wow....sorry to hear that. And we have had a really hot week here in So Cal.....may get worse? 117 here today.

4Waters

Reaction score
Wow....sorry to hear that. And we have had a really hot week here in So Cal.....may get worse? 117 here today.
I won't be heading there this week as I have to finish fixing my truck but we will hopefully be going the following weekend after my son's football game.

outboard_256

Reaction score
I did find the list via Facebook. I've been following articles about confirmed K9 deaths throughout the South, plus Oregon, Idaho and Washington and other states throughout the country, plus some kids getting sick. It may not be present on the ENTIRE lake, but in warmer coves and relatively stagnant waters it can pop up rapidly, even overnight, as was said.

With that in mind, there is NO WAY I would expose my kids or pets to that shit. Instead of questioning the source, I'd be playing it safe. My dogs are too precious to me to chance it.

View attachment 787637

I too read stuff on face book, freak out and don't comfirm it myself, tell everyone I know and play it safe. Thanks for the heads up

cjbuilder1

Reaction score
Strangely we were on Millerton Wednesday and while I have no doubt there algae blooms in some of the deep coves closer to the dam, we had nothing but clearwater from the launching ramp clear on up well into the No Ski area. No Skuz on the boat when we put it back on the trailer.

2Driver

Reaction score
All growing up nobody and I mean nobody from where I lived went to mission bay.. Sewage from Mexico, pollution etc..

I never went until I was in my 20’s for a couple poker runs and thunder boats.

I haven’t gone s lot but I see people jet skiing, swimming, fishing etc..

Not me! Lol. But I’d run a boat in it.

In 1990 we moved from Lake Havasu to San Diego. We sold our boat and jet skis before moving.

Our San Diego realtor said why did you do that, have you seen Mission bay. I just said, uh yeah. Most depressing move we ever made, but career wise it was one of the best, the best one was leaving.

MissHavasuCig

Reaction score
I spoke with a super nice man at Mohave Water Authority here in Havasu the other day. He says we’re pretty safe here in Havasu because we’re a flow through system from Mead to Parker... water isn’t stagnant... It’s been more of a thing recently because of quagga mussels, which are also making the dreaded weeds bad. He said in 2014/2015 it was real bad. Mild summer this year, hasn’t had as much growth.

His advice - be careful if water is cloudy green with algae. If it’s just a little present in/on water not too much concern. Obviously, it’s better to be where the water moves... more problems where the water sits.

Said they’re trying to get a bouy by site 6 to measure stuff - waiting on State. They’re hoping to put a lot of info online for us ... someday lol...

Gotta keep our fur-babies safe!

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
For responsible owners of pets and concerned parents/grandparents of little ones, thank you to Boat Cop for the heads up. In the mean time let others worry about the validity of lists etc. Blue-green algae does exist and has caused the death of some pets.

LazyLavey

Reaction score
FWIW... not uncommon this time of year.... been happening for years! It'll clear up

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Parker strip has it also
So Parker strip is closed .
Take your boats , back home , lock up your vacation homes and leave.

Doubt some of the fresh water lakes, shasta pine flats, Milerton, would have to be so minimal .
True dat!!

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Saw that algae dredge looking contraption down south by Bill Williams area and the peninsula last week. He was fighting a loosing battle as that area is a mess!!

Havasteve

Reaction score
I’ve been keeping an eye on the blooms in Havasu for the last three years. I fly up and down the lake and river very often. It shows up here in the winter. It comes and goes spontaneously. There was an instance a few years ago where a bunch of ducks were found floating dead in the stuff.

The death of lake eerie went down this way. First the muscles then ultra clarity followed by blue green algae then fish kills.

Last winter it was heavy in the channel.

http://lakehavasubiology.blogspot.com/2017/09/the-green-slime-of-lake-havasu.html

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
I love how all the articles posted only mention pets and people are an after thought. Has a person ever died from algae exposure?

Havasteve

Reaction score
I love how all the articles posted only mention pets and people are an after thought. Has a person ever died from algae exposure?

If people lapped up a ton of algae like dogs do when drinking the lake water perhaps there would be human deaths too. It’s mostly water fowl and small animals like raccoons. Anything ingesting the stuff. It’s unknown why or when it produces toxin but it doesn’t produce It all the time. There’s an ASU water department that is studying Havasus blue green algae.

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Saw that algae dredge looking contraption down south by Bill Williams area and the peninsula last week. He was fighting a loosing battle as that area is a mess!!

That's a grass cutter. Nothing to do with algae. It's used in the inlet to prevent the summer grasses from getting into the CAP intake.

Fun fact: Mike Mack's son, Brad, is the operator of it.

Rondog4405

Reaction score
Pretty damm sure there is plenty of algae smack dab in that same area i referenced;)

poncho

Reaction score
There's some amazing misconceptions about algae out there.

Our lake is on its 3rd year of being treated with a weed killer called Clipper, not uncommon for local bass fisherman to do 3 lakes in a day so we are always fighting invasive weeds.
Last year was our hottest summer on record and the bloom showed up mid August.
Got into a really fun pissing match with a part time lake resident that does not want motorized boats on our lake , he's a kayaker.
He claimed the bloom was from the weed treatment, I fucked with that guy hard.
I kept saying it was the Russians and kept showing pictures of tinfoil hats and hinges on sale at Home Depot. Wish I had saved the exchange it was epic, educate yourself dumbass was my sign off....he went all caps in a complete meltdown.