WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deadly Algae Blooms - CA Lakes

BoatCop

Retired And Loving It.
Reaction score
Let me know if Vin has contracted this. But good info with Labor Day Weekend coming up.

List of California Lakes with blue-green algae blooms. DO NOT allow your dogs to swim, wade, drink or otherwise be exposed. It will kill them.

FB_IMG_1565909456299.jpg

Xtrmwakeboarder

Reaction score
Shasta? Damn. I've seen quite a few heartbreaking posts of healthy dogs dying from these damn algae blooms. All were in the South though....

jonnyd

Reaction score
Yes, but a blue green algae rooster tail while laying it down on a single ski sure is a pretty site!

77charger

Reaction score
Glad i stick to riding my jet ski in the ocean vs the local lakes and boat at the river.I dont bother with local lakes but these blooms aint the reason either.

jonnyd

Reaction score
So years ago while at Clearlake our dog saw some ducks in the water. The algae was so thick at the time that she thought it was grass and ran right off the dock trying to get them as she would never jump in the water on her own.

On another note, out of all of the lakes listed I would safely say Clearlake has the most algae, but I have never heard of anyone even getting sick.

RogerThat99

Parker Is Now OPEN
Reaction score
I have never heard of this algae before about 5 years ago. I never heard of the algae being in some of those lakes and rivers, in my whole life.

Why all of a sudden is it everywhere??

Sent using Tapatalk

Wicky

Mr. Potatohead
Reaction score
Perris used to get bad back in the 80s and they would blue stone it back to health. Back when tax money wss spent on important shit. Oh wait. Matbe not.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
My wife was just telling me about this. Supposedly the story that mentions Nacimiento is from last year.....I doubt Naci has Algae this year with the water being higher so it's colder.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

TCHB

Reaction score
During this time of year I stay out of the popular coves with sitting water.

GRADS

Phishing license is paid up to date
Reaction score
I've heard that the list is fake. Seriously. There is absolutely zero algae bloom on Folsom and it's on the list.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I've heard that the list is fake. Seriously.

So, I would think along with a statement like that, logically an intelligent authentic list would be included. Perhaps I missed that. . . . .

Reaction score
Let me know if Vin has contracted this. But good info with Labor Day Weekend coming up.

List of California Lakes with blue-green algae blooms. DO NOT allow your dogs to swim, wade, drink or otherwise be exposed. It will kill them.

View attachment 787393
Where did you get this list from. I have two beloved dogs that swim in Millerton Lake and a Sailboat in a Slip at the Marina. I have noticed lots of green slime on the bottom of my boat Kil and tiller. I am concerned. Where did the list come from. Is it confirmed?

GRADS

Reaction score
So, I would think along with a statement like that, logically an intelligent authentic list would be included. Perhaps I missed that. . . . .
I've looked but can't find one on the official websites. That one posted was floating around Facebook.

Michiganman

Reaction score
Well here in the Great Lakes we don’t have that crap our water ways and inland lakes are perfect

Reaction score

View attachment 787393
Boat Cop...where did you get this list and is it confirmed. I have two beloved dogs that swim in Millerton along with myself and friends. I have a sailboat in a slip at the marina. I have noticed green slime collecting below the water line on the bottom of my boat. Where did you get this list?

Reaction score
Boat Cop...where did you get this list and is it confirmed. I have two beloved dogs that swim in Millerton along with myself and friends. I have a sailboat in a slip at the marina. I have noticed green slime collecting below the water line on the bottom of my boat. Where did you get this list?

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Boat Cop has never been one to make bogus posts. If we still had a dog it wouldn't be in any of those lakes listed. But, if you want, give it a go and let us know how your dog makes out.

Reaction score
Boat Cop has never been one to make bogus posts. If we still had a dog it wouldn't be in any of those lakes listed. But, if you want, give it a go and let us know how your dog makes out.
No! I love my dogs. I will get my boat out if of there if that is the case. I was just wondering where the list came from? Why do you think I am asking?

spectra3279

Vaginamoney broke
Reaction score

View attachment 787393
I think it would have been easier to list the one that didnt.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Reaction score
I just want to make sure since it is a warm water lake and nearby lakes have been officially confirmed of having it. You can't go anywhere...you can't even boat in San Diego Bay due to pollution from Mexico. WTF?

RichL

Reaction score
Well here in the Great Lakes we don’t have that crap our water ways and inland lakes are perfect
So apparently you haven't paid attention to the west end of Lake Erie for the last many years.
:rolleyes:

Reaction score
I've heard that the list is fake. Seriously. There is absolutely zero algae bloom on Folsom and it's on the list.
It has been on the news about San Luis reservoir and Hensley lake and pine flat lake. Millerton is close to these and feeds into the San Luis reservoir. Worried!

Universal Elements

Reaction score

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
I just want to make sure since it is a warm water lake and nearby lakes have been officially confirmed of having it. You can't go anywhere...you can't even boat in San Diego Bay due to pollution from Mexico. WTF?

Sounds like you are a responsible dog owner and concerned boater. Appears today is your first day on RDP. I have no idea where Boat Cop found that list. He's a well respected and trusted member here for many years. A recently retired on the water law enforcement officer.

Reaction score
Sounds like you are a responsible dog owner and concerned boater. Appears today is your first day on RDP. I have no idea where Boat Cop found that list. He's a well respected and trusted member here for many years. A recently retired on the water law enforcement officer.
Thank you..I will investigate locally!

EPL

Reaction score
Shasta? Damn. I've seen quite a few heartbreaking posts of healthy dogs dying from these damn algae blooms. All were in the South though....
I have no idea where all this information is coming from but I have been at Shasta for the last week and haven't seen any !! The news up here is saying there is no confirmed sign of any !!

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Thank you..I will investigate locally!
The list has been popping up on Facebook. Many are saying the same thing about not seeing it in their local lakes. The list may just cover all the lakes in CA.

Bobby V

Havasu1986
Reaction score
Perhaps you are aware, algae can, and does bloom over night. And no BV, the list does NOT include every lake in CA.

:D

stephenkatsea

Reaction score

You want a list of every lake in CA? Look it up yourself.

Reaction score
I think I will call alot of the local vets tomorrow and see if they have had any cases that maybe linked to this because I am sure even if detected the State of California would not want to lose any revenue due to bad press.

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
Perhaps you are aware, algae can, and does bloom over night. And no BV, the list does NOT include every lake in CA.
Well I will say that Nacimiento has historically only had algae on it when it gets really low because it causes more of the water to get to a warm enough temp for it to bloom. Never heard of it blooming otherwise. And by low, I mean like down around 20 to 30%.

Sent from my LM-G710VM using Tapatalk

GRADS

Reaction score

tenor.gif