WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dealer Installed Lifts

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
Was just doing my morning window shopping online and came across this 2500 for sale at our local Temecula GMC dealer.

I think if the dealer installs the parts are warrantied, so that's a plus, but almost $20k for a lift, wheels and tires!!!?? WTF!

Looks like a pretty basic lift too.....

Nice looking truck, but lordy that is some mark up!!

But hey, you get to drive off the lot all done up and can finance it all for 96 months.......[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38]
Screenshot_20210217-090611_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210217-091024_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20210217-091017_Facebook.jpg

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

Cole Trickle

Reaction score
That particular dealer would warranty the kit. Any other dealer wouldn't so buy close to home.

That price probably also includes wheels and tires.

I can't tell what kind of lift but it's nothing special from the looks of it. (kind of looks like a rough country but the shocks are a little different)

I bet there is 5k in parts added to that truck if you did it yourself.

Kachina26

Inmate #RDP158
Reaction score
Was just doing my morning window shopping online and came across this 2500 for sale at our local Temecula GMC dealer.

I think if the dealer installs the parts are warrantied, so that's a plus, but almost $20k for a lift, wheels and tires!!!?? WTF!

But hey, you get to drive off the lot all done up and can finance it all for 96 months.......[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] View attachment 973585 View attachment 973586 View attachment 973587

It's typically not dealer installed. A truck full of kids goes around to different dealers doing the installs, quality varies by what company they use. The company that did ours (we didn't do many as it wasn't the owner's ideal business model) was a good company at first. It was just the owner of the company doing it. But then he expanded and had employees that didn't have the same work ethic as they guy that owned the business and quality dropped. I know it's nice to get all that rolled into the deal, but it's nicer to choose a quality outfit to install the lift. As far as warranty, Brandin nailed it. You'll be told to take it where you bought it on any items relating to the lift.

DanG

Reaction score
I purchased a 2003 Silverado from Mountain View in Upland with a lift, rims, and tires off the lot. I believe the dealer charged around $12k for the upgrades. Worked in my favor as I ended up doing a Lemon Law on the truck due to issues with the 4wd. They paid me back every penny of every payment and sold me a 2004 at dealer cost. I then took that one to the same shop that did the original work for the dealer and paid about $6k for the same lift and wheel package. All said and done, I ended up with a year newer truck with a $100 less payment and paid off a year earlier. Sometimes shit just works out!

Singleton

Reaction score
My 2500 and Jeep Wrangler both had lifts on them at purchase.
made the dealer name install shop (both were done by Tag Motorsports in Vista, Ca) and both were done via a DSI contract, so covered under warranty.
IMO, it comes down to who did the lift. Also I paid less then 50% of the price being asked on the lift, wheels and tires.

HCP3

Reaction score
Looks like a CST 4" Stage 3 kit. $ 3,489.60.

Dmangus

Reaction score
Looks like a CST 4" Stage 3 kit. $ 3,489.60.

This 👆
CST is a good lift. Their shop ( ca super trucks) usually does dealer installs.

Fun Times

Moderated
Reaction score
Being this ones in the Temecula area and if you were seriously considering buying a truck from a GMC dealer like this then it would be worth contacting member DuttonDave first before going in for the best deal possible mentioning RDP.

Dave @ 951-259-4404
GM of Dutton Cadillac/GMC/Buick

15f35cb5d9dd70.gif

boatnam2

Reaction score
Pretty cheap, seem a few dealers with f-250's for 112k with lift.

SKIDMARC

Reaction score
My BIL bought a Sierra with a no name lift like that one with rims and tires. Within 3 years both of the front tires came off while driving. I believe it was either the ball joints or control arm issues. Either way it was a crappy lift. But they did warranty and fix it.

riverroyal

Reaction score
Most dealers use a outside source. DSI is one of them. They typically have the work done at 4 wheel parts.

Ace in the Hole

Reaction score
I'm so old I run stock shit nowadays.. LOL.

RD

I'm not old...but I just got tired of fixing shit constantly. The Mega got a whopping set of Ranch hand side steps, a bedliner, and the thule racks from my old truck moved onto it. I never realized why my dad was so anti changing shit till I got older...now i get it lol.

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
The huge mark up on aftermarket accessories is by design so you can roll in with your 77 Pinto and they will give you $10,000 trade in value for it. You are stoked beyond belief even though you just got raped.

240Hallett

Reaction score
The huge mark up on aftermarket accessories is by design so you can roll in with your 77 Pinto and they will give you $10,000 trade in value for it. You are stoked beyond belief even though you just got raped.
If that Pinto is a panel wagon with a “ Horse with no name” graphic on it it’s worth every penny!

rivermobster

Club Banned
Reaction score
NOT dealer installed....

Dealer sent it out and had it installed. Nothing about it will be warrantied. Buyer beware!

OldSchoolBoats

No Bad Days
Reaction score
You just haven't owned a Ford long enough .........
Your in the honeymoon period. Still popping wood for no reason and buying flowers on a Wednesday
From an interior standpoint, the Limited Super Duty blows the Denali out of the water. Chevy crapped the bed on their re design of the Silverado/Sierra interior.

If you blindly sat in each one, without knowing who made it, you would choose the Ford 10 out of 10 times.

The new F150 looks really nice inside. I will reevaluate things once I have this thing for a year. Have had it since October and barely have put 3k miles on it. Kind of a pain in the ass when running around doing things. Gas mileage is meh and I can't just park it anywhere......lol. The kids love it though......lol

TITTIES AND BEER

Honorary RDP Inmate #160 Emeritus - R.I.P. Mark 😢
Reaction score

But hey, you get to drive off the lot all done up and can finance it all for 96 months.......[emoji38][emoji38][emoji38] View attachment 973585 View attachment 973586 View attachment 973587

Buy it take it out on a real 4x4 experience and see what it will do ? Ask 1st and get in writing 🤔100k parking lot speed bumper , old days I put on all my lifts 4”6” 10” fords chevy and dodge in my driveway 😎

MeCasa16

Reaction score
From an interior standpoint, the Limited Super Duty blows the Denali out of the water. Chevy crapped the bed on their re design of the Silverado/Sierra interior.

If you blindly sat in each one, without knowing who made it, you would choose the Ford 10 out of 10 times.

The new F150 looks really nice inside. I will reevaluate things once I have this thing for a year. Have had it since October and barely have put 3k miles on it. Kind of a pain in the ass when running around doing things. Gas mileage is meh and I can't just park it anywhere......lol. The kids love it though......lol

I had a 2020 Raptor with every option. I’d take my 2021 Denali interior over it any day of the week.