WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dealing Direct with Taco Marine?

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Has anybody recently ordered rubrails through Taco?

Just called in to West Marine for an order and they no longer work with them. Lady said they were having too much difficulty with receiving damaged product. Curious if this is a QC issue, shipping issue or just bad luck.

I’ve read on here that ordering through West Marine was a good workaround for shipping costs. Don’t mind paying for shipping but also not interested in dealing with returns, etc.

I’m open to ordering through other third parties if there are options in Phoenix.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Has anybody recently ordered rubrails through Taco?

Just called in to West Marine for an order and they no longer work with them. Lady said they were having too much difficulty with receiving damaged product. Curious if this is a QC issue, shipping issue or just bad luck.

I’ve read on here that ordering through West Marine was a good workaround for shipping costs. Don’t mind paying for shipping but also not interested in dealing with returns, etc.

I’m open to ordering through other third parties if there are options in Phoenix.
i ordered some rub rail from taco via west marine and it took three tries before i was finally given a straight unbent order of rub rail. I didnt want to have to deal with 85 rivets just to get it straight again. it came in a long cardboard tube and it would always be bent in the middle. Once the rubrail was creased it was like impossible to bend back without a huge lump. pretty frustrating.

02HoWaRd26

Reaction score
Stop by Nordic, that’s where I’ve bought it both the times I’ve needed some. Talk to Mike in parts.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. Sent an email to Nordic since it was after hours.

I found a WOT Marine in Vista, CA @ONE-A-DAY. Sound like the place?

H2O

Reaction score
If you are looking for rub rail, I highly recommend this place:

They are OEM for a lot of the builders, hundreds of styles and colors. I spoke with the owner directly and he send me a couple of free sample to try.
Great product, price and customer service...so rare these days.

ChrisV

Reaction score
i ordered through taco marine and recieved it two weeks later. Call and ask for discount code.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
i ordered some rub rail from taco via west marine and it took three tries before i was finally given a straight unbent order of rub rail. I didnt want to have to deal with 85 rivets just to get it straight again. it came in a long cardboard tube and it would always be bent in the middle. Once the rubrail was creased it was like impossible to bend back without a huge lump. pretty frustrating.
Rex marine used to ship it in a piece of ABS drain pipe…cheap and solid packaging.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
It has been several years, but Advantage boats had most everything in stock, and sold railing to me. I don't own an Advantage, but they were very helpful.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting any of the locations in their "dealers" page?

This was my next step.

If you are looking for rub rail, I highly recommend this place:

They are OEM for a lot of the builders, hundreds of styles and colors. I spoke with the owner directly and he send me a couple of free sample to try.
Great product, price and customer service...so rare these days.
Pricing looks great. Did you end up purchasing through them?

What size are you looking for?
I'm looking for a semi-rigid rubrail with stainless steel trim. Specifically 1-5/8" x 5/8" white flexible vinyl and 3/4" stainless steel hollow back trim.

This is the look I'm going for.
DAF30250-822C-48B0-8218-650CE7B25193.jpeg

BE9F8280-BE81-4EDF-A906-089BEA919F74.jpeg

Taco Marine SKU:
- V11-9798 (rubrail)
- S11-4511 (trim)

Integrity Marine SKU:
- F2276 (rubrail)
- STA2416H (trim)

norcalLmo

Reaction score
I called Taco directly and got a list of dealers I'm in Sacramento area and found a marine shop in Alameda that dealt with Taco. Marine shop took my order and didn't charge shipping ($689.00) as the shop just added my shipment to their 'monthly' orders

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I called Taco directly and got a list of dealers I'm in Sacramento area and found a marine shop in Alameda that dealt with Taco. Marine shop took my order and didn't charge shipping ($689.00) as the shop just added my shipment to their 'monthly' orders
That’s the route that Kyle at WOT uses to avoid the shipping costs.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
When I lived in Miami, Taco wouldn’t sell direct to me, had to go thru a dealer and they just did a Will Call pickup for me. I used PierSupply.com in Tennessee. Just called them with the part numbers I wanted, super nice people and very helpful.