WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dealing Direct with Taco Marine?

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Has anybody recently ordered rubrails through Taco?

Just called in to West Marine for an order and they no longer work with them. Lady said they were having too much difficulty with receiving damaged product. Curious if this is a QC issue, shipping issue or just bad luck.

I’ve read on here that ordering through West Marine was a good workaround for shipping costs. Don’t mind paying for shipping but also not interested in dealing with returns, etc.

I’m open to ordering through other third parties if there are options in Phoenix.

ka0tyk

Warlock Performance Boats Merchandise Connections
Reaction score
Has anybody recently ordered rubrails through Taco?

Just called in to West Marine for an order and they no longer work with them. Lady said they were having too much difficulty with receiving damaged product. Curious if this is a QC issue, shipping issue or just bad luck.

I’ve read on here that ordering through West Marine was a good workaround for shipping costs. Don’t mind paying for shipping but also not interested in dealing with returns, etc.

I’m open to ordering through other third parties if there are options in Phoenix.

i ordered some rub rail from taco via west marine and it took three tries before i was finally given a straight unbent order of rub rail. I didnt want to have to deal with 85 rivets just to get it straight again. it came in a long cardboard tube and it would always be bent in the middle. Once the rubrail was creased it was like impossible to bend back without a huge lump. pretty frustrating.

02HoWaRd26

DCBroke
Reaction score
Stop by Nordic, that’s where I’ve bought it both the times I’ve needed some. Talk to Mike in parts.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Thanks everybody. Sent an email to Nordic since it was after hours.

I found a WOT Marine in Vista, CA @ONE-A-DAY. Sound like the place?

H2O

Reaction score
If you are looking for rub rail, I highly recommend this place:

They are OEM for a lot of the builders, hundreds of styles and colors. I spoke with the owner directly and he send me a couple of free sample to try.
Great product, price and customer service...so rare these days.

ChrisV

Reaction score
i ordered through taco marine and recieved it two weeks later. Call and ask for discount code.

lbhsbz

Reaction score
i ordered some rub rail from taco via west marine and it took three tries before i was finally given a straight unbent order of rub rail. I didnt want to have to deal with 85 rivets just to get it straight again. it came in a long cardboard tube and it would always be bent in the middle. Once the rubrail was creased it was like impossible to bend back without a huge lump. pretty frustrating.
Rex marine used to ship it in a piece of ABS drain pipe…cheap and solid packaging.

Riverbottom

Reaction score
It has been several years, but Advantage boats had most everything in stock, and sold railing to me. I don't own an Advantage, but they were very helpful.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Have you tried contacting any of the locations in their "dealers" page?

This was my next step.

They are OEM for a lot of the builders, hundreds of styles and colors. I spoke with the owner directly and he send me a couple of free sample to try.

Pricing looks great. Did you end up purchasing through them?

What size are you looking for?

I'm looking for a semi-rigid rubrail with stainless steel trim. Specifically 1-5/8" x 5/8" white flexible vinyl and 3/4" stainless steel hollow back trim.

This is the look I'm going for.
DAF30250-822C-48B0-8218-650CE7B25193.jpeg

BE9F8280-BE81-4EDF-A906-089BEA919F74.jpeg

Taco Marine SKU:
- V11-9798 (rubrail)
- S11-4511 (trim)

Integrity Marine SKU:
- F2276 (rubrail)
- STA2416H (trim)

norcalLmo

Reaction score
I called Taco directly and got a list of dealers I'm in Sacramento area and found a marine shop in Alameda that dealt with Taco. Marine shop took my order and didn't charge shipping ($689.00) as the shop just added my shipment to their 'monthly' orders

ONE-A-DAY

Reaction score
I called Taco directly and got a list of dealers I'm in Sacramento area and found a marine shop in Alameda that dealt with Taco. Marine shop took my order and didn't charge shipping ($689.00) as the shop just added my shipment to their 'monthly' orders
That’s the route that Kyle at WOT uses to avoid the shipping costs.

ToMorrow44

27 Advantage TCM 800efi
Reaction score
When I lived in Miami, Taco wouldn’t sell direct to me, had to go thru a dealer and they just did a Will Call pickup for me. I used PierSupply.com in Tennessee. Just called them with the part numbers I wanted, super nice people and very helpful.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Update on this.

Picked up the boat yesterday so time to pull the trigger on a rubrail order. I spoke to Chris over @ Integrity Marine and he's been great to deal with, very knowledgable and even offered to look over pics to confirm profile and make a decision on "white" vs "bright white". Ships early next week!

I ended up going with this combo:
- Integrity Marine SKU: F2276 (rubrail)
- Integrity Marine SKU: STA2416H (trim)

I'm excited to bring some more stainless steel into the mix!

FullSizeRender 3.jpg

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Thanks @RiverDave, I did speak with Alan but they were about $100 more expensive and a week longer to ship when compared to Integrity Marine.

Edit: I think the price diff came from ordering (4) 16' sections of ss insert with Rubrail.com vs. (3) 20' sections with Integrity Marine.

Last edited:

boat527

Reaction score
Just got sone stuff from Jamestown Distributors.. took a week...

Nanu/Nanu

Don't wait til' life's easy to be happy
Reaction score
D
Update on this.

Picked up the boat yesterday so time to pull the trigger on a rubrail order. I spoke to Chris over @ Integrity Marine and he's been great to deal with, very knowledgable and even offered to look over pics to confirm profile and make a decision on "white" vs "bright white". Ships early next week!

View attachment 1089632
Dang son!! Is that a regel I spot? Something looks different about your float. I know the rub rail is gone but looks like your graphics are gone too.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
@Nanu/Nanu The graphics are still there 😉

Ahhh... Maybe you should have come back with a new s/n like Houdini's Glass Works!

Haha you had me fooled. I like the heavy flake. I now it's finer than flake but its got alot of sparkle.... I like it!

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
I’m saving the s/n change for when I get a 270s on the hitch! Prob going to be “PatientMfr” 😆

It was a spur of the moment decision on the color but a calculated risk on the lipstick. So far it’s payed off but we’ll see at the end of summer!

Come check it out in Powell this year. Early August I believe.

Nanu/Nanu

Reaction score
I’m saving the s/n change for when I get a 270s on the hitch! Prob going to be “PatientMfr” 😆

It was a spur of the moment decision on the color but a calculated risk on the lipstick. So far it’s payed off but we’ll see at the end of summer!

Come check it out in Powell this year. Early August I believe.
Aight sounds good! I'll do my best to make it happen cap'n!

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Update on this.

View attachment 1089632
Integrity is exactly who I used for my rub rail and it’s pretty much the same stuff you’re using. Shipping was pricey but the cost of the stainless was well worth it. Shipping was quick and the product was top notch.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Integrity Marine finished product plus part # and pricing from two and a half years ago.
AAB9DE6F-672D-4BC2-B573-87C8739BAB7F.jpeg

9C3C297C-B83C-4D76-9FC3-85617C5B513A.jpeg
B6881151-4CBA-471E-85EF-87FD44609E18.jpeg

Last edited:

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Yup! Same trim but different rubrail @brianwhiteboy. Your setup looks great and I can't wait to see what my boat will look like.

Any tips/tricks on the install? What was it like bending the SS trim around corners?

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Yup! Same trim but different rubrail @brianwhiteboy. Your setup looks great and I can't wait to see what my boat will look like.

Any tips/tricks on the install? What was it like bending the SS trim around corners?
The corners were nerve wracking and the bow was the worst. Mine isn’t perfect but close enough. I used a mallet to help when bending the corners. Plan the hole drilling accordingly. I drilled new ones in the hull and filled the old.

Layout is key with this project. Minimize any cutting. Plan plan plan!

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Had a real WTF moment this morning.

OD driver pulls up, rolls open door to an empty box with this mangled tube off to the side. We pull it out, open it up and remove the SS insert to find it's in great condition! Not sure what to expect from shipping a 20ft cardboard tube all the way from GA but I'm good with it.

IMG_6388.jpg IMG_6390.jpg IMG_6391.jpg

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Plan the hole drilling accordingly. I drilled new ones in the hull and filled the old.

Layout is key with this project. Minimize any cutting. Plan plan plan!

You're speaking my language. Everything I've read/watched online says filling the old holes and drilling new is the way to go. I start that step this coming Sunday.

What was your hole pattern like with the rubrail and how did you ensure the holes in the trim didn't intersect?

guest hs

Reaction score

Ordered some from them today very pleasant experience

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Went with a 304 stainless steel #8 button head screw for the rubrail to the boat. 3/4” length was plenty 👌

Tried out a 304 stainless steel #8 oval head screw for the trim to rubrail but 5/8” length barely bottoms out on the gel coat.

I should be able to pick up a pack of 1/2” #8 oval heads from my local McFadden Dales tomorrow.

lenmann

Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Went with a 304 stainless steel #8 button head screw for the rubrail to the boat. 3/4” length was plenty 👌

Tried out a 304 stainless steel #8 oval head screw for the trim to rubrail but 5/8” length barely bottoms out on the gel coat.

I should be able to pick up a pack of 1/2” #8 oval heads from my local McFadden Dales tomorrow.
These guys sell polished SS screws that will match you nice new polished insert.

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
Thanks guys.

Sorry brotha I’m late to seeing this! This is what I used for my stainless trim to the rub rail

5A18450E-8EF7-4E33-ACC4-21326A783016.jpeg
A1667595-11BA-423E-8891-1A89F5A09DB7.jpeg

brianwhiteboy

Professional Lurker
Reaction score
You're speaking my language. Everything I've read/watched online says filling the old holes and drilling new is the way to go. I start that step this coming Sunday.

What was your hole pattern like with the rubrail and how did you ensure the holes in the trim didn't intersect?
Again sorry I missed this :confused:

It sounds like you got it mostly done. For me I had quadruple check that my holes in the rub rail and trim didn’t intersect too much. I think I just shifted the new holes over a few inches from the old ones and it worked pretty well. I know there was a few screws that somewhat overlapped so I would just drill a different one for the rub rail. Fortunately I was pretty lucky that I didn’t have too many. Planning was really the key.

How did your corners and bow turns come out? That was the worst part of the job in my opinion.

Marios Metalworks

Reaction score
Hey no sweat @brianwhiteboy I had a chance to bring a sample of the rub rail and insert down to the hardware store. Helped a bunch.

The corners and bow tip turned out great. Needed a little finesse on the bow but the corners were relatively easy. Def nerve wrecking to say the least!

Here’s a few pics from my build thread. Just click the link to see more.

CCA7EBF6-39F6-484E-A213-16961D7C3DAB.jpeg

B9D12F47-3897-4645-9B0F-A5A637E4D262.jpeg

CF0A7687-8C67-4CD4-93A9-9E2AD15338B1.jpeg

3FCD7CFA-FC30-403B-8FA4-7B22FBCFB4FD.jpeg