WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dealing with age....

Taboma

Reaction score
I'm only one year behind you and doing half way decent, other than all the stiffness, but I do get you on the balance and agility thing, it's leaving fast, although no falls yet.

The other day I'm waking into the store and I see myself in the window, I got that old man head bob going on, :eek:got to work on that.:D

Been practicing putting on the Levis never holding on to anything.:D

Yeah I viewed myself in a recent game cam video, oh crap I'm walkin old :(
So I'm walking along, mentally reciting my dear departed dad's words "Head up, shoulders back, looking ahead not at your feet" ---- then I tripped over the fuckin hose ---- whoops, forgot the " And pick up your fuckin feet", lol :rolleyes::p

beaverretriever

Catchy Custom User Title
Reaction score
Yeah, in the last two years I have realized Im getting older. Went to the optometrist and dermatologist in the past three weeks and both doctors were younger than me. That right there is a sign!

dave29

Reaction score
Skiing three days a week. Backpacked in Ireland for 10 days this past summer. Shoveling, blowing and plowing snow all winter.Walk a 1/2 mile to get my mail. I've got a few worn out pieces but if you stop, you set up and die. I'll be 69 in July. Keep moving!!!!

Last edited:

Taboma

Reaction score
Skiing three days a week. Backpacked in Ireland for 10 days this past summer. Shoveling, blowing and plowing snow all winter.Walk a 1/2 mile to get my mail. I've got a few warn out pieces but if you stop, you set up and die. I'll be 69 in July. Keep moving!!!!

That's the absolute truth right there :) Many years ago I asked my dad, "Why are you still doing the yard work, you've got the money to hire somebody ?"
His response was short and simple, "Because I'm afraid that some day I'm going to sit down and simply not want to get back up" :(
So today, at the age he was when he dispensed those words of wisdom, everything I can do myself, I'm still doing it, despite having the funds to hire somebody else.
Well, except painting, I fuckin hate to paint. :mad: :p

Taboma

Reaction score
Sure getting old can suck. :(
But as the Disneyland thread has reminded me ----- Being born long before most all of you kids, allowed me to enjoy an amazing childhood.
I'm talking back before y'all came along and fucked up everything. :rolleyes: :D

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
I'm not sure if I should take it as a compliment when my wife takes obvious pleasure by reminding me how I've become my father :eek: :(
He was of course, an amazing well accomplished man of men, he could also be a real dick ---- I'm pretty sure that's the part she's referring to. :p
Wife's been saying that for a few years now but I think it's more "dick" than accomplished!!:D

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Theres a recall on my left knee, class action lawsuit on my lower back, and a service bulletin on my carpal tunnel. Im not even paid off yet.
So has Ford been responsive or are they fighting it?

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
“Your hair turns grey
Your balls turn blue
You try to get a little
Your dick bends in the middle.”

- A cheap shot Bildoe hurled at me on my 40th.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
4AA067B6-8F05-45E5-A4C7-0F2B18425D94.jpeg
Plus’s:
People refer to my wife as my granddaughter.

You ask hot bartenders in their 40’s if they went to school with your grandson. Always good for a heavy pour and a free shot.

Not an insult if they tell you they’ll do both you and your wife. - But don’t tell my wife that happened.

When you’re laying on a gurney in the ER with a line of gurneys ahead of you - your Medicare trumps all other medical insurances and you get rolled to the head of the line.
Even pick your own Dr.

Last edited:

TCHB

Reaction score
Full 70 to 90ft pull thrus with 50 amp.
Direct OHV trail access and a full bar a big plus.
Maybe if I was parked on the golf coarse and long fairway with 30ft between
Full 70 to 90ft pull thrus with 50 amp.
Direct OHV trail access and a full bar a big plus.
Its never been the length. It is how they are side to side.
Marriott Scottsdale here we come for some nice golf.

Reactions: TPC

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
View attachment 835859 Plus’s:
People refer to my wife as my granddaughter.

You ask hot bartenders in their 40’s if they went to school with your grandson. Always good for a heavy pour and a free shot.

Not an insult if they tell you they’ll do both you and your wife. - But don’t tell my wife that happened.

When you’re laying on a gurney in the ER with a line of gurneys ahead of you - your Medicare trumps all other medical insurances and you get rolled to the head of the line.
Even pick your own Dr.
When I was on one of my death beds and my wife (gf at time) was visiting in the hospital and the nurse says " oh your daughters visiting you, that's nice."
BTW I was 32 she was 29. F M

Wedgy

Reaction score
Getting to and back up from the floor is no longer a move of grace. I literally have to get on my hands and blown up knees gingerly to look at anything on the bottom shelf. Most of the time I end up sitting on the Home Depot floor since it seems 90% of what I want is down on the fuking bottom shelf.:confused:o_O:mad:

Hey Ziggy, When it was 4 against 1, I accepted a cane from my PT. WalMart has awesome solid wood walking sticks for 15 bucks. They help immensely.

Reaction score
“The golden years have come so fast

I can not see; I can not pee;

I can not chew; I can not screw.

The golden years have come at last;

The golden years can kiss my ass.”

I'm 73 the only thing I would like to try is a prescription for one of those "blue pills" think it would be alot less work on my part...

:D

Ziggy

SlumLord
Reaction score
Hey Ziggy, When it was 4 against 1, I accepted a cane from my PT. WalMart has awesome solid wood walking sticks for 15 bucks. They help immensely.
I can't hearrrrr youuuuuu, lol:D
Screenshot_20180819-143941_Chrome.jpg

I'm in full denial and refuse to act my age:):cool:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
Sure getting old can suck. :(
But as the Disneyland thread has reminded me ----- Being born long before most all of you kids, allowed me to enjoy an amazing childhood.
I'm talking back before y'all came along and fucked up everything. :rolleyes: :D

O.K. BOOMER!!:p

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Actually, it is great getting older in this decade. Diagnosed with cancer 4 years ago, still around and fully functional. A decade ago, I'd most likely be dead.
My wife had a total knee replacement 5 weeks ago, mobile the 2nd day, in better shape than the day before the surgery 3 weeks later.

LuauLounge

Reaction score
Friend of mine always said "It's a hostile world and you'll never make it out alive."

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
LOL!! Speaking of Mothers= Your Mother said many times patting you on your head. Be a Good Boy DAN'l:rolleyes:

It was actually my grandpa that called me Dan'l. Not Danny. Not Dan. Not Dan-yell. Just Dan'l. Never had much of a relationship with my mother. That ended in 1979. If you wanted to know.

Dan'l

Looking Glass

Reaction score
It was actually my grandpa that called me Dan'l. Not Danny. Not Dan. Not Dan-yell. Just Dan'l. Never had much of a relationship with my mother. That ended in 1979. If you wanted to know.

Dan'l
----------------

Dan'l

First,I do apologize for dropping to the Bottom Of The Barrell level you dwell at in using your Mother in a response to you disrespecting mine. Then next I do NOT care what you "GO BY" The Issue here is that you jumped in sticking your nose into my feelings and Post about "Wrong Exit "never ending Stalking Grads. I made my point there and no need to repeat. The fact your dislike for Grads also is quite evident and sadly prevented you from keeping your thoughts to yourself . I hope I have cleared up any questions you may have had along with having zero need or desire to include you in any correspondence that I may have here in RDP.:(

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
For Fuck's Sake= You of all people would know Grumpy and Old. Man is in question.:confused:
You seem to be having some kind of problem with another member. Just an observation. But if you want to make it personal go fuck yourself ya fucking dickhead.

I got know idea who the fuck you are or your man question so maybe you should explain yourself. Apparently you're lacking in sense of humor department.

G. Faulk

Reaction score
Gentlemen, the first 2 things I will suggest to you will sound gayer then Grads.

!, if your like me I take 2 showers a day, clean freak. When you hit the shower and it will take some time, bend over and try and touch your toes. Don't care if you can't touch your knees just do it Every time your in the shower. A good stretch takes at least 38 seconds to do what it needs to do. Keep doing it until you touch your toes. Keep going until you can flatten your hands on the floor and don't ever stop.

2, get to a power type hot yoga program once or twice a week. Next find a hi aerobic low impact work out program. Bike, row, elliptical, stair climber, swim machine, etc.Start with your core and up and down your body will follow. When its strength time for fuck sake don't go heavy go light with more reps on the dumbbells. In the beginning if you cant do a normal push up do it on your knees. Sit ups, do what you can. Lets face it were never going to have the muscle mass like we use to. Not like a 24 hour fitness but a specialized program, 20-40 person class with a trainer instructing every class. A workout that has some type of monitoring system by numbers etc, that lets you know when your improving. Yes it cost more but worth every penny. Commitment is key. Pace yourself in the beginning. Come out slow but be present. Don't worry about the people in your class judging you there all their for the same reason. Make the commitment for 4 weeks and you wont be disappointed.

If you need hip or knee replacement and have the funds to do it geter done. I did knee 3 years ago and the best thing I did when it comes to taking care of your body and health. I'm 54 and 3 months ago I did my first bike century with over 7k of elevation and crushed it. This am with my gym team I did a 3.3 mile all hill climbing, ball buster for time, did in 50 minutes. Not bragging just want you all to know its doable at our ages and telling my journey it will give you some jump. If I miss 3 or 4 days now my body starts to tighten up and it goes sideways. Your diet and weight is key. Don't think I eat clean all the time, I eat ice cream, cookies, drink my vodka and tequila. When I do this, the next week I pay the piper and hit it as hard as I can. I manage my workouts. 4 days at the aerobic workout, one day at a spin class. Spin classes or a stationary bike workout will kick your ass if you commit, low impact and great for us old fuckers. There's a guy in our gym that I've gotten to know. He use to play for the 49er's and has had last count 13 surgeries. He motivated me big time and made me understand that most of the things that make you mis staying fit and healthy are just excuses. Another thing I learned is don't feel how fit you are by the outside appearance of your body, feel fit from the inside. Hope this helps.

jet496

Reaction score
“The golden years have come so fast

I can not see; I can not pee;

I can not chew; I can not screw.

The golden years have come at last;

The golden years can kiss my ass.”

I'm 73 the only thing I would like to try is a prescription for one of those "blue pills" think it would be alot less work on my part...

:D
The blue pills are game changers, get a prescription :D

jet496

Reaction score
Gentlemen, the first 2 things I will suggest to you will sound gayer then Grads.

!, if your like me I take 2 showers a day, clean freak. When you hit the shower and it will take some time, bend over and try and touch your toes. Don't care if you can't touch your knees just do it Every time your in the shower. A good stretch takes at least 38 seconds to do what it needs to do. Keep doing it until you touch your toes. Keep going until you can flatten your hands on the floor and don't ever stop.

2, get to a power type hot yoga program once or twice a week. Next find a hi aerobic low impact work out program. Bike, row, elliptical, stair climber, swim machine, etc.Start with your core and up and down your body will follow. When its strength time for fuck sake don't go heavy go light with more reps on the dumbbells. In the beginning if you cant do a normal push up do it on your knees. Sit ups, do what you can. Lets face it were never going to have the muscle mass like we use to. Not like a 24 hour fitness but a specialized program, 20-40 person class with a trainer instructing every class. A workout that has some type of monitoring system by numbers etc, that lets you know when your improving. Yes it cost more but worth every penny. Commitment is key. Pace yourself in the beginning. Come out slow but be present. Don't worry about the people in your class judging you there all their for the same reason. Make the commitment for 4 weeks and you wont be disappointed.

If you need hip or knee replacement and have the funds to do it geter done. I did knee 3 years ago and the best thing I did when it comes to taking care of your body and health. I'm 54 and 3 months ago I did my first bike century with over 7k of elevation and crushed it. This am with my gym team I did a 3.3 mile all hill climbing, ball buster for time, did in 50 minutes. Not bragging just want you all to know its doable at our ages and telling my journey it will give you some jump. If I miss 3 or 4 days now my body starts to tighten up and it goes sideways. Your diet and weight is key. Don't think I eat clean all the time, I eat ice cream, cookies, drink my vodka and tequila. When I do this, the next week I pay the piper and hit it as hard as I can. I manage my workouts. 4 days at the aerobic workout, one day at a spin class. Spin classes or a stationary bike workout will kick your ass if you commit, low impact and great for us old fuckers. There's a guy in our gym that I've gotten to know. He use to play for the 49er's and has had last count 13 surgeries. He motivated me big time and made me understand that most of the things that make you mis staying fit and healthy are just excuses. Another thing I learned is don't feel how fit you are by the outside appearance of your body, feel fit from the inside. Hope this helps.
Ditto on everything this man says. I turn 59 on Jan 31st, feel pretty damn good and adhere to moving, whether it's landscaping, walking around a lake, hiking a mountain or going to 24 Hour Fitness. Anything is better than nothing.

I've had 3 back surgeries & learned that stretching in the shower with hot water drenching your muscles works.

Not bragging either, just letting you know it's never too late to start taking care of yourselves.

Looking Glass

Reaction score
You seem to be having some kind of problem with another member. Just an observation. But if you want to make it personal go fuck yourself ya fucking dickhead.

I got know idea who the fuck you are or your man question so maybe you should explain yourself. Apparently you're lacking in sense of humor department.

Well actually I had a problem with a member since HE decided to jump into something that was none of his business. That fact would have been clear if you would have taken the time to read the whole thing before just as he did get involved where you have NO BUSINESS other than adding to your Post count or possibly you are one of those who really enjoy reading what ever they post. Don't worry everything was and is under control here so you can move along. Don't you have some Chicken Strips to sell? P.S. watch your step,Headers can be hazardous to your health.:rolleyes:

Old Texan

Honorary Warden #377 Emeritus - R.I.P.
Reaction score
Well actually I had a problem with a member since HE decided to jump into something that was none of his business. That fact would have been clear if you would have taken the time to read the whole thing before just as he did get involved where you have NO BUSINESS other than adding to your Post count or possibly you are one of those who really enjoy reading what ever they post. Don't worry everything was and is under control here so you can move along. Don't you have some Chicken Strips to sell? P.S. watch your step,Headers can be hazardous to your health.:rolleyes:
Whatever.......Your problem is your problem. You're the one that jumped into the thread with a beef that had nothing to do with the topic.

mash on it

Beyond Hell Crew
Reaction score
----------------

First,I do apologize for dropping to the Bottom Of The Barrell level you dwell at in using your Mother in a response to you disrespecting mine. Then next I do NOT care what you "GO BY" The Issue here is that you jumped in sticking your nose into my feelings and Post about "Wrong Exit "never ending Stalking Grads. I made my point there and no need to repeat. The fact your dislike for Grads also is quite evident and sadly prevented you from keeping your thoughts to yourself . I hope I have cleared up any questions you may have had along with having zero need or desire to include you in any correspondence that I may have here in RDP.:(

Atta boy...

Dan'l

buck35

Reaction score

Holey fock, are you the chief of the PC police? There's more Barb's thrown around here than a longliner. It's the net .... Untangle yourself.:rolleyes:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Maybe if I was parked on the golf coarse and long fairway with 30ft between

Its never been the length. It is how they are side to side.
Marriott Scottsdale here we come for some nice golf.

I always first check the Campground out on Google earth and pick a pull thru spot with no trees.
More and more people we talk to do the same.
Saves the paint job, fits the slides and Sat dish gets a clear shot.
No sweat in the desert boondocks.

No chance of Hotel bed bugs. You bring them home you have them for life.

Last edited:

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
With age you RV camp as a minimalist.

You roll into Glamis and one button level, unload a couple beach chairs, a rug and your ohv ride in under 10 minutes.

Others in camp unpack and unload their entire lives. 4 hours later still at it. They put an entire day into packing up to leave.