WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

December Mojave Trail Run

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
I am planning to run the Mojave Trail from Needles to Barstow in December. Right now the weekend of Dec 12 to 15 is the front runner. Stay at the Avi Fri night, start the run on Sat am and finish Monday....I need to keep this to no more than 6 rigs and 14 folks so we don't have to pull and pay for a permit.

Any takers?

This is posted in the CA section of Wrangler Forums also.....

Meaney77

Reaction score
I am planning to run the Mojave Trail from Needles to Barstow in December. Right now the weekend of Dec 12 to 15 is the front runner. Stay at the Avi Fri night, start the run on Sat am and finish Monday....I need to keep this to no more than 6 rigs and 14 folks so we don't have to pull and pay for a permit.

Any takers?

This is posted in the CA section of Wrangler Forums also.....

You will have a good time during December! Whats the deal with permits? Didnt know you had to pull one for large groups.

Joepump

Reaction score
I did that run from Peggy Sues Diner to Avi a couple of years ago, with a group called The Mojave Desert Riders. Had to have been 50+ people, the group even provided porta pottys on a trailer. Insurance was pulled for the event, sat phones where rented. Groups where broken up in skill level and/or vehicle type. Ride got shut down by the Ranger for not having a permit. It was considered an organized event. Anyways, once the sun went down, a group of us decided to complete the run. Pulled in to Avi around 4am, close to 180 miles later, I would do that run again!!!!

Wayn-o

Reaction score
I did that run from Peggy Sues Diner to Avi a couple of years ago, with a group called The Mojave Desert Riders. Had to have been 50+ people, the group even provided porta pottys on a trailer. Insurance was pulled for the event, sat phones where rented. Groups where broken up in skill level and/or vehicle type. Ride got shut down by the Ranger for not having a permit. It was considered an organized event. Anyways, once the sun went down, a group of us decided to complete the run. Pulled in to Avi around 4am, close to 180 miles later, I would do that run again!!!!

We run it from Newberry Springs to Laughlin in April with about 30 plus guys typically. Half bikes and the rest in Baja Bug prerunners. We just ravel in smaller groups and leap frog each other along the way. We have been stopped by the ranger and asked if we were with the other guys, etc,but we just tell them no. They are sticklers for being street licenesed as well. Sometimes the cops wait where you come out by the Avi.

LHC30

Old Guy
Reaction score
Good info, thanks. I had to cancel due to the holiday schedules and honey doo's.