WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Decent digital 2.1 amp for streaming music

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Looking for a decent 2.1 bluetooth amp for a patio setting. Something that will drive a couple of decent Polk Audio or like speakers and a Sub. Will be outdoors but protected from any elememts.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.

poncho

Reaction score
Member here goes by "Paradise" has had good recommendations for audio for myself and several others.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Amazon has a ton of Chinese crap options that are small and cheap that I wouldn't care about leaving outside that would probably work for around 75 bucks Sony makes an affordable stereo amp with bluetooth that would be a step up for 150. Demon makes one for 550. Marantz makes a hifi stereo amp for 1000 bucks. Then you start getting into mcintosh etc where you can spend 5-20k...

I have been tempted to pick up one of the cheap Chinese deals for my office as I have my old harmon kardon in there and it takes up too much room.

Mr. C

going back in time
Reaction score
Looking for a decent 2.1 bluetooth amp for a patio setting. Something that will drive a couple of decent Polk Audio or like speakers and a Sub. Will be outdoors but protected from any elememts.
Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
How big of area are you trying to supply sound to? what about a simple 2 - 300 watt sound bar with a wireless sub.

SoCalDave

Reaction score
Amazon has a ton of Chinese crap options that are small and cheap that I wouldn't care about leaving outside that would probably work for around 75 bucks Sony makes an affordable stereo amp with bluetooth that would be a step up for 150. Demon makes one for 550. Marantz makes a hifi stereo amp for 1000 bucks. Then you start getting into mcintosh etc where you can spend 5-20k...

I have been tempted to pick up one of the cheap Chinese deals for my office as I have my old harmon kardon in there and it takes up too much room.
Yeah I did pick up one of those ($79) a few weeks ago and hooked it up to my giant 1980's RSL speakers. At 50 watts per channel it's not enough to drive the speakers that well but doesn't sound to bad. just not enough higher volume to it. It is small though.
1614615673071.png

How big of area are you trying to supply sound to? what about a simple 2 - 300 watt sound bar with a wireless sub.
I currently have a Vizio soundbar with Sub at our current home patio area. The new entertainment area I'm planning at our to be home will be much larger but that is still an option for the money.

DrunkenSailor

Reaction score
Yeah I did pick up one of those ($79) a few weeks ago and hooked it up to my giant 1980's RSL speakers. At 50 watts per channel it's not enough to drive the speakers that well but doesn't sound to bad. just not enough higher volume to it. It is small though.
View attachment 977434

I currently have a Vizio soundbar with Sub at our current home patio area. The new entertainment area I'm planning at our to be home will be much larger but that is still an option for the money.

What about a big 12 channel whole house deal?

Flying_Lavey

Dreaming of the lake
Reaction score
You can always add a Bluetooth receiver to just about any amp with a headphones jack input. Recivers are stupid cheap and open up the options quite a bit.

Sent from my SM-G781V using Tapatalk

jones performance

Reaction score