WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deck Boat Insurance

River918

Reaction score
Wife and I are thinking about going the deck boat route and I was curious what those that have one are paying for insurance. We are looking at the Howard with either a 565 or a 600. If you could let me know your engine size that would be appreciated. PM's are great also....

Thanks,
B

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
Your looking at a new build? Or buying used?

Boatracer36

Reaction score
The $700 is pretty low. If you are looking at a new build with the boat value 130-150k your going to be at least double.

RiverDave

In it to win it
Reaction score
The $700 is pretty low. If you are looking at a new build with the boat value 130-150k your going to be at least double.

Kurt's boat was a used conquest so the agreed value would be lower etc..

RD

DickieB

Reaction score
Wife and I are thinking about going the deck boat route and I was curious what those that have one are paying for insurance. We are looking at the Howard with either a 565 or a 600. If you could let me know your engine size that would be appreciated. PM's are great also....

Thanks,
B
Lucky you........if I could afford to step up to a new Howard or Conquest with a 565 or 600, the price of insurance would be the least of my problems. Enjoy! :)

Andy01

Reaction score
There are several carriers for the deck boats, depends on experience, horsepower/top speed, and value.

If your $150,000 it will likely by $1,000-$3,000. If it is $200,000 figure $3,000 ish.

Andy01

Reaction score
Something else to consider as you go higher in value and speed are your limits of liability. Some carriers, like Foremost will often times limit your liability do to speed or horsepower.

Most carriers want to know where you store the boat, often times agents ask for your mailing address and put that as your mooring location. If you have a Ca agent write the boat be sure they know it is stored and used in Az if in fact it is. If the boat is stored in Ca and wrote in Ca then it is no factor.

Music to my Ears

Conducting Beautiful Music
Reaction score
There are several carriers for the deck boats, depends on experience, horsepower/top speed, and value.

If your $150,000 it will likely by $1,000-$3,000. If it is $200,000 figure $3,000 ish.

I was waiting for the expert to chime in! Thanks Andy.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Thanks Kurt, I appreciate the info. Looks like we may be looking for your rental next year. Any input on going from your "V" to a deck boat? regrets, positives?

Thanks

I was ready for a change and I'm really happy with the deck boat. Such a great balance of performance, comfort, ride, and open hang space when you get where you're going. I think you guys will love it!

My place is always open to your family!!

riverroyal

Reaction score
on what motor you REALLY need. I sat with Gene last year. That boat will go as fast as you want and be safe. But, after owning a deck for 8 years the cruising speed is 50 to 60. Not 70 to 80. A 520 will be enough. Not the fasted guy out there, but so what. On a windy crowded Saturday 60 is plenty. It will save a BUNCH on insurance, build price and up keep.
And, believe it or not it WILL have a better resale! Used deck boats with above average HP don't sell to families. Average being the 502 and 520. Or 496 and 525 if its older.
Congrats, nice choice. Once you have a cat/deck theres no going back to a V

2FORCEFULL

Reaction score
on what motor you REALLY need. I sat with Gene last year. That boat will go as fast as you want and be safe. But, after owning a deck for 8 years the cruising speed is 50 to 60. Not 70 to 80. A 520 will be enough. Not the fasted guy out there, but so what. On a windy crowded Saturday 60 is plenty. It will save a BUNCH on insurance, build price and up keep.
And, believe it or not it WILL have a better resale! Used deck boats with above average HP don't sell to families. Average being the 502 and 520. Or 496 and 525 if its older.
Congrats, nice choice. Once you have a cat/deck theres no going back to a V

I totally agree...:thumbsup

THE WIDGE

Reaction score
Who do you use, I have a conquest w 525 w agreed value of 80k, and I'm I believe mid 800, it's gone up like $100 or so after last 2 years. No claims, perfect record, great credit. Just want to be ready if they plan on going up another 10% this year.
Thx
Mines about $700 per year with a 525.

Andy01

Reaction score
Who do you use, I have a conquest w 525 w agreed value of 80k, and I'm I believe mid 800, it's gone up like $100 or so after last 2 years. No claims, perfect record, great credit. Just want to be ready if they plan on going up another 10% this year.
Thx

He's insured with me, I have several different sources I can go to.

Music to my Ears

Reaction score
Thx

Yep, we're in the same boat so to speak. I'm into mine at 82k with the 525. You might check with Andy. He set me up[emoji106]

jetboatmatt

Reaction score
Just curious you guys with the sweet deck boats? Do you guys water ski or wake board tube behind your boats? If so how's the pull and turning to get back to a downed skier? I love the conquest and maybe thinking of going that way in the future! But my V pulls strong and turns on a dime!! So that might be hard to get rid of! Any info would be awesome! Sorry I totally took this thread a different direction! Didn't mean to thread Jack! Delete if you need too! Lol

relaxalot

Reaction score
Just curious you guys with the sweet deck boats? Do you guys water ski or wake board tube behind your boats? If so how's the pull and turning to get back to a downed skier? I love the conquest and maybe thinking of going that way in the future! But my V pulls strong and turns on a dime!! So that might be hard to get rid of! Any info would be awesome! Sorry I totally took this thread a different direction! Didn't mean to thread Jack! Delete if you need too! Lol

I pulled tubes and wakeboards around for a few years with two different deck boats. I had a Carrera and now a Howard. Deck boats are poor choices for pulling. Turning around to get a downed skier/boarder is not a problem at all. My Howard will crank around in a big hurry with no problem at all. The biggest problem is maintaining a slow boarding speed without too much acceleration. Once you hit 20-22 mph they want to speed up. You have to really work the throttle to hold them at 20 mph. You could prop way down and it would be easier. So it can be done but if that is what you do most of the time on the lake I would suggest a vee hull. I would suggest you go for some rides in a Conquest and anything else you are considering.