WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

DEF

fmo24

Reaction score
I pay 7.88 at Walmart

checkrd past

Reaction score
I used to buy the cheapest but that caused to dirty up the system.went back with blue def and all is well

j21black

Reaction score
TSC local to me had 5 gallon jugs of it on clearance a month or so back. $4.99/jug.

I cleaned them out, but they only had 3 left.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Glad I deleted my truck - the only things it went into the dealer when it was under warranty were emissions related items. Once I deleted my truck I also deleted the dealership's number from my phone.

Groper

Reaction score
I’ve only heard bad things about getting DEF at the pump. Any truth to that?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TSC local to me had 5 gallon jugs of it on clearance a month or so back. $4.99/jug.

I cleaned them out, but they only had 3 left.
I have used 100's gallons of at the pump DEF for years with my 8.9L Cummins with zero issues :D
Yes I have done the same at TSC with no issues as well in my F-250

Bigbore500r

Reaction score
Glad I deleted my truck - the only things it went into the dealer when it was under warranty were emissions related items. Once I deleted my truck I also deleted the dealership's number from my phone.
This is what i'm hoping for as well!

FlyByWire

I just work here
Reaction score
Man I can’t wait to delete my Cummins. [emoji849]

zx14

The Skipper
Reaction score
Does that crap evaporate in the tank? I worry, my f350 sits in the garage all week in havasu, I only use the truck to tug the boat to the ramp and back,(8) miles round trip on the weekends. In the last year, I’ve maybe put 250 miles on it.

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
Does that crap evaporate in the tank? I worry, my f350 sits in the garage all week in havasu, I only use the truck to tug the boat to the ramp and back,(8) miles round trip on the weekends. In the last year, I’ve maybe put 250 miles on it.
Heat and age will degrade the DEF, that's one of the reasons they say not to keep adding small amounts of DEF, it's better to add it when you're down to the last gallon so it has a more consistent quality.

rvrrun

Reaction score
Heat and age will degrade the DEF, that's one of the reasons they say not to keep adding small amounts of DEF, it's better to add it when you're down to the last gallon so it has a more consistent quality.
That's what I heard as well. I also heard the DEF sensor in the tank will act up and code if you don't empty the tank then refill (on a 6.7).

Since my truck is registered in CA, I assume I am SOL as far as doing DPF/DEF delete unless I want to reinstall it every two years?

Chili Palmer

Master of My Domian
Reaction score
That's what I heard as well. I also heard the DEF sensor in the tank will act up and code if you don't empty the tank then refill (on a 6.7).

Since my truck is registered in CA, I assume I am SOL as far as doing DPF/DEF delete unless I want to reinstall it every two years?
All you need to do is find a guy who knows a guy who knows a guy that takes crisp $100 bills. My guy takes 3.

goshen82

Reaction score
It will crystallize if left to long. One of the guys in our yard had his semi sit to long and it crystallized and messed up a lot of stuff.

Rbcconst

Reaction score
I always use the pump deff. Over 100k no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

EPL

Reaction score
If you have a Trailer Tractor supply near you they sell 5 gallons for $19.95 !!

goshen82

Reaction score
How do I prevent that?

I’m not really sure other then don’t top it off all the time and I wouldn’t fill it all the way up when you do have to add more. On my f250 I don’t drive everyday but I try to drive it once on the weekend just to run it. I normally just drive to river and weekends we stay home I’ll drive it around town just to run it.

highvoltagehands

Laveycraft Nuera 2750
Reaction score
I always use the pump deff. Over 100k no problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

We have a 55 gallon barrels with hand pumps in each of our showup yards. They sit outside about 3-4 months before empty. I haven't heard of any problems yet, I know some of the guys are sneaking it into their $90K personal trucks too.

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
2015 DMax I use about 1 gal DEF per 1000 miles.
Strong talk in the truck rags EGR is being phased out and more def and othe passive tricks increased.

2019 Cummins supposed to be first.