WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Deja Vu Danger!

Bugslysmom

Reaction score
We started going to a place called Tom's Landing in 1958. Our route was San Bernardino through Desert Center and follow the road past River Lodge. I loved our trips but one thing that frightened me was the trip. The road had several narrow bridges which made a killing field for cars passing other cars. Well apparently today there are several bad accidents on the road from desert center and on the 10 to Blythe. So everyone on the road the next few days be careful! We were going to go to Havasu Palms today but changed our minds, Thank God.
When I search Tom's Landing nothing comes up. It had a sandbar with bushes that made a channel in front of it. There was a flat area for camping on the beach part and you would go up steps to the store and an activity room. The area above was for trailers. It is now part of River lodge and I've tried to plot it out but part of the sandbar is gone, probably from when the dam overflowed. As you left the channel you passed a dock with a floating dock for fishing at the end. That was a roped off swimming area. On the other side of the dock was the boat launch. There was a small retaining wall where the water started that made it easy to do jump starts on skis. The channel area headed up river and we would ski to the dam and back.

boatdoc55

Rest Easy Retired Boat Mechanic 😢🚤
Reaction score
We started going to a place called Tom's Landing in 1958. Our route was San Bernardino through Desert Center and follow the road past River Lodge. I loved our trips but one thing that frightened me was the trip. The road had several narrow bridges which made a killing field for cars passing other cars. Well apparently today there are several bad accidents on the road from desert center and on the 10 to Blythe. So everyone on the road the next few days be careful! We were going to go to Havasu Palms today but changed our minds, Thank God.
When I search Tom's Landing nothing comes up. It had a sandbar with bushes that made a channel in front of it. There was a flat area for camping on the beach part and you would go up steps to the store and an activity room. The area above was for trailers. It is now part of River lodge and I've tried to plot it out but part of the sandbar is gone, probably from when the dam overflowed. As you left the channel you passed a dock with a floating dock for fishing at the end. That was a roped off swimming area. On the other side of the dock was the boat launch. There was a small retaining wall where the water started that made it easy to do jump starts on skis. The channel area headed up river and we would ski to the dam and back.
Are you sure it wasn't called Tommy Kinders Fish Camp????

Bugslysmom

Reaction score
I was five when we started going there. I was a chicken about skiing and would let go at the end of the channel. My mom tried skiing with me and after we made a turn back I let go and was skiing with her holding on to my arm. I eventually learned to love it!