WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

Dejong Monster Manx MX2 Dune Buggy - California Street Legal SOLD

Big B

Reaction score
Dejong Monster Manx Dune Buggy / Desert Car - California Street Legal done properly with SB100 permit. Has California title, current registration & California VIN.

Price: SOLD

Text me at: 909-747-9593

Located in Eastvale, California.

Works as a great Sand Rail or you can drive it on the street to Big Bear to do some trails there.

Featured in Sand Sports Magazine front page with several page article
Built by Vince DeJong, not a copy!
3.5L V6 Short Star Engine - all aluminum engine
4 Speed 091 Transmission, Custom Gearing built by Rancho Transaxle in 2017
Power Steering
CD Stereo with XM, 4 speakers
4 wheel brake biased adjustable disc brakes
20" travel. Custom valved shocks
Rigid lightbar
Windshield wipers (for street legal)
Full 3M Coating on all car so rocks or sand doesn't dull the paint. Keeps the custom paint looking nice but you are able to use the car.
Removable Spare Tire Rack for offroad trail Driving

Behind the seats are 2 fully enclosed compartments. Good for storing a flexible ice chest, tools, tow ropes, jackets, etc.

Fun as hell to drive, never been pulled over by police or harassed. Fully insurable as its SB100.

1.jpg
2 (2).jpg
3.jpg
4.jpg
5 (2).jpg
6 (2).jpg
7 (2).jpg
8.jpg
9 (2).jpg
9.jpg
11 (2).jpg
13.jpg
15.jpg
17.jpg
18.jpg
20.jpg

Last edited:

manxman

Reaction score
one of only 2 ever built like this. Looked at this car in Ramona years ago, but couldn't make a deal happen. A very cool and rare version of manx. Good luck with the sale!

Big B

Reaction score
one of only 2 ever built like this. Looked at this car in Ramona years ago, but couldn't make a deal happen. A very cool and rare version of manx. Good luck with the sale!

Thank you! Yeah, I picked it up from the guy in Ramona years ago. Since then have done some improvements to the car to make it more reliable and also more comfortable to drive.

The cool part with this car people don't understand until they get a chance to drive it is how much fun it is and how well it handles. It's lighter than most versions of these types of cars and a tad shorter. That makes it incredibly nimble and quick to turn with the power steering. Going through the bowls you can just whip it around really quickly, its alot of fun.

Something I was saying on another forum is I didn't anticipate buying a LEGIT street legal car like this would really open up where I can take it. I stopped going to Glamis as much and instead started exploring the High Sierra's & Utah. It's so much different than driving a jeep around when you have a long travel lightweight car.

wsuwrhr

The Masheenest
Reaction score
Nice piece. A bury a body buddy has a plated Dejong with an LS, been on the freeway with it a few times. People certainly take notice.

Big B

Reaction score
Nice piece. A bury a body buddy has a plated Dejong with an LS, been on the freeway with it a few times. People certainly take notice.

Thanks! Yeah it gets attention anywhere it goes, even offroad people do a double take.

Still for sale!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Man I love these Dejongs, one day!! GLWS!

DLC

Reaction score
Love your car and it’s cheaper than my can am x3 max! I think this would be bad ass to have running around town! Grocery getter!

Meaney77

Reaction score
Perfect timing for the season! I love these Dejongs, if only it had a back seat.... GLWS!

Big B

Reaction score
This model actually was made with a small backseat for kids, you can see in the magazine article I attached the orange twin of this one has a small bench seat. My particular car I opted to make it all storage as before I had children my wife and I would take it out for the whole day in the Sierra's and use it to store lunch, fishing gear and jackets along with some tools.

I've considered keeping it and converting the backseat back to a bench, but I would just hate to as the storage is the best setup for this car IMO and really suitable for what I was doing. Would really like to rehome it, flexible on price but don't want to take a bath!