WELCOME TO RIVER DAVES PLACE

"Del Taco" = "Jack In The Box"

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
Every time I eat Del Taco I fucking regret it. Same with Taco Bell. Shit wrecks my stomach. Excluding Barstow locations. Always safe there!

Jack in the Box Tacos are my go too hangover cure. Damn if they dont snap me back into shape when hurting!
You beat me. for whatever reason, just cant beat a sack of Jack in the Box tacos after a night of drinking. Something about those whole deep fried, probably fake meat, in greasy taco shell that hits the spot. Cheap too!!

Desert Whaler

Reaction score
Gawd I hope Del taco doesn't start using whatever oil they use at Jack in their cooking . . . instant gut volcano EVERYTIME.
Last time I'd forgotten the 'Jack Effect' had on me . . . ate a burger/ fries on a jobsite . . . had to split to pick up work lights to finish a concrete job in the dark. . . got caught in PCH traffic when it hit me . . . came on so fast that I took off my hoody & sat on it , decided 'Welp, I'm gonna just shit myself' . . . . fortunately it backed off and a barely made it to the can . . . . but NEVER EVER will I have Jack in the Box again.

gqchris

Reaction score
You beat me. for whatever reason, just cant beat a sack of Jack in the Box tacos after a night of drinking. Something about those whole deep fried, probably fake meat, in greasy taco shell that hits the spot. Cheap too!!
One night when I was younger, two of my buddies decided to have a Jack in the Box eating contest after we got home from the bar.

The winner ended up eating 34 tacos! I couldn't fucking believe it if I didnt see it with my own eyes!

Last edited:

Looking Glass

1 = Well = Known = Member
Reaction score
One night when I was younger, two of my buddies decided to have a Del Taco eating contest after we got home from the bar.

The winner ended up eating 34 tacos! I couldn't fucking believe it if I didnt see it with my own eyes!

BUT!!, it was after getting home from "The Bar"🤔

gqchris

Reaction score
BUT!!, it was after getting home from "The Bar"🤔
Yup, and it was in our younger days! It was full on drink fests! We all lived together.

I think someone took a pic of me passed out with a Jack taco in my hand asleep on the recliner. Hilarious!

liquid addiction

^ 78 DiMarco Flat
Reaction score
One night when I was younger, two of my buddies decided to have a Jack in the Box eating contest after we got home from the bar.

Hopefully it was his turn to clean the bathroom. That had to be a mess. 💩

Your ad here

Reaction score
Jack in the box sucks ass. Luke warm under portioned overpriced tasteless crap. Del Taco is slightly better and has some taste.

Hardly Satisfied

Riverside, CA & Havasu
Reaction score

Attachments

• D2DAA37E-2FFE-4C05-95B8-A3AB2D2B4C9D.png
    D2DAA37E-2FFE-4C05-95B8-A3AB2D2B4C9D.png
    1,022.6 KB · Views: 114

TPC

Wrenching Dad
Reaction score
Never had a decent meal from either one.

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
I hate to admit this, but I absolutely love Jacks breakfast menu, and you can get it all day long! Add some curly fries and now were stylin!

I agree, since the "Coke freestyle" machines were put in, the coke flavor sucks!!!!!

Bpracing1127

Reaction score
I hate to admit this, but I absolutely love Jacks breakfast menu, and you can get it all day long! Add some curly fries and now were stylin!

I agree, since the "Coke freestyle" machines were put in, the coke flavor sucks!!!!!
All the flavors suck on those

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Jack in the Box tacos - who knows WTF kind of mystery meat is in those things. But I've been eating them since I was a teenager. And they haven't killed me yet. I like them. Seems like one of the first JITBs was on Rosecrans in SD? Can recall craving JITB tacos. Tacos from Del Taco, not so much. But, no doubt the Del Taco on Lenwood RD in Barstow is a different world compared to the rest of the DTs. Great place.

OCMerrill

All in...
Reaction score
Jack in the Box tacos - who knows WTF kind of mystery meat is in those things. But I've been eating them since I was a teenager. And they haven't killed me yet. I like them. Seems like one of the first JITBs was on Rosecrans in SD? Can recall craving JITB tacos. Tacos from Del Taco, not so much. But, no doubt the Del Taco on Lenwood RD in Barstow is a different world compared to the rest of the DTs. Great place.
Maybe roo or horse...nobody really knows.

Don't really eat that much fast food anymore and I was a complete junkie.
I'll tell you when you get off that stuff and then jump back for a craving, its a WTF is this moment.

coolchange

Lower level functionary
Reaction score
Jacks “taco filling” doesn’t say anything about meat. TVP. But I think there is some products in there. Breakfast menu works. Breakfast jack add tomato and Mayo. Onion is good to but then it falls apart.
Agree the burgers mostly blow. We hit the one on Crownvalley in Acton on the way to the desert as our routine.

stephenkatsea

Reaction score
Maybe roo or horse...nobody really knows.

Don't really eat that much fast food anymore and I was a complete junkie.
I'll tell you when you get off that stuff and then jump back for a craving, its a WTF is this moment.
When I read a contents label and it says, "Lips, Ears, Assholes and other body parts", its that other body parts segment that really bothers me. LOL.

As far as Jack in the Box tacos, they say they are NOT vegan. But, I've read there is a substantial amount of soy in them. I've also read it's a combination of beef and chicken. So, who knows? Probably best if we don't know.

yz450mm

Reaction score
"Taco, Regular Filling Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour,
Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached
Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid], Salt,
Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder,
Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste,
Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic
Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn,
Water, Lime. Cooked in Canola Blend Frying Oil. Contains Soy, Wheat"

LargeOrangeFont

We aren't happy until you aren't happy
Reaction score

Their breakfast burritos are probably the worst thing you can put in your body probably.. but they are delicious.

sintax

Reaction score
"Taco, Regular Filling Ingredients: Beef, Chicken, Water, Textured Vegetable Protein (Soy Flour,
Caramel Color), Defatted Soy Grits, Seasoning (Chili Pepper, Corn Maltodextrin, Spices, Bleached
Enriched Wheat Flour [Niacin, Reduced Iron, Thiamine Mononitrate, Riboflavin, and Folic Acid], Salt,
Garlic Powder, Hydrolyzed Corn, Soy, and Wheat Proteins, Monosodium Glutamate, Onion Powder,
Natural Flavors, Disodium Inosinate, Disodium Guanylate, Succinic Acid), Salt, Tomato Paste,
Worcestershire Sauce (Distilled Vinegar, Molasses, Corn Syrup, Water, Salt, Caramel Color, Garlic
Powder, Sugar, Spices, Tamarind, Natural Flavor, Sulfiting Agent). Tortilla Ingredients: Ground Corn,
Water, Lime. Cooked in Canola Blend Frying Oil. Contains Soy, Wheat"

oh funny, i always heard it was not even real meat, that it was something like a soy protein or something

warpt71

Lower River Lover
Reaction score
Their breakfast burritos are probably the worst thing you can put in your body probably.. but they are delicious.

Always a breakfast sandwich. Real egg, cheese, bacon and ham. pretty hard to screw those ingredients up. If I want a breakfast burrito, its coming from Humbertos

Racey

Maxwell Smart-Ass
Reaction score
Still a franchise, or licensee though, and who knows what the franchise contract says about a sale?

Having a family owned car dealership I wish all the family owned guys best through the transition and hope they are protected.

They aren't a franchise, when the founder sold the company he had an agreement put in place that the Barstow locations were not included and would remain independent. The barstow locations are the original stores going back years before they even started franchising and expanding.

Tank

Reaction score
Saw this on Facebook
I didn't think Ed would include that. He's going to pass his stores down to his family.

Ed's the real deal. Good dude. Came over trying to clear our plates a couple years ago we were in the Lynwood DT. I recognized him and said, "You're the founder of Del Taco aren't you?" (my young kids were there so I wanted them to hear). He smiled, "yes I am." I stood up and said, Nice to meet you sir. Had my kids shake his hands. I pointed out to the kids, this is a self made man that has successfully accomplished the american dream with hard work and dedication. He said something along the lines that he still comes to work almost every day to check on the stores. Sat there and talked to us for about 15-20 minutes. Much respect. Nicest guy.

Ed.jpg

spectras only

Reaction score
Hardly ever eat at DT or TB. What is the difference between the two, flavour?

Uncle Dave

Reaction score
They aren't a franchise, when the founder sold the company he had an agreement put in place that the Barstow locations were not included and would remain independent. The barstow locations are the original stores going back years before they even started franchising and expanding.
Awesome - a contract well negotiated. Good on them.

69hondo

Reaction score
They are both ok but the Barstow Del tacos dont compare. Those are great. Now that being said I know the majority of the 🥃 inmates on RDP have gone through both these drive throughs in the middle of the night drunk as fuck and grubbing that shit down like it was the greatest meal ever.

Not So Fast

Reaction score
Made the mistake last nite to try out Taco Bell, my God are they having trouble or what, food was very pricey, it was super cold by the time we got it home, tasted like shit, gave us no sauce like we asked for either, LAST TIME !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
NSF

cofooter

Reaction score

The grilled sourdough breakfast sandwich thing is legit!

WYRD

Reaction score
You would hope so..... I was a fan of Green Burrito back in the day....Then when they started popping up in Carl Jr stores they sucked.

Now I do not know if GB was losing $$$ before the merger or not, just their food started to suck after it happened.
Don't forget taco bell and KFC merged too...the bell used to be decent now it's diaper chowder🤢

Jimmyv

Reaction score
Don't forget taco bell and KFC merged too...the bell used to be decent now it's diaper chowder🤢
And speaking of fast food acquisitions, who knew official homeless-fan-favorite Arby’s had the coin to buy both Buffalo Wild Wings and now Dunkin?!

(not gunna lie, two Roast Beef were go-to)